Author Topic: Oblivion achevement glich thingy  (Read 1788 times)

Offline 7LES

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
Oblivion achevement glich thingy
« on: April 19, 2006, 11:31:54 pm »
I got my XBOX 360 and oblivion and its so awesome but there is one problem, I had a minor problem retrieving my gamertag so i just made a new profile so i would do that later, i played throw the sowers and got the first achievement then later i fixed my gamertag issue and copeyed the game to my new profile with the gamertag, all is well except the achievement i got on the other profile did not carry over so what i am wandering is do i have to redo the sewers if i want that achievement? i know that sounds confusing and its not really a big deal anyway i was just wandering.

thanks allot.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
Re: Oblivion achevement glich thingy
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 11:38:05 pm »
Here i was thinking my friend was the only one. He had the same problem in that he couldn't switch his account and stuff onto his 360 until his dad got home with the credit card so he was 8 hour into oblvion by the time he worked out how to switch the save file of oblvion into his Live Account of course the acheiments didn't go with as a result he has what looks like the impossible completing mage/fighters guild quests despite the fact occording to his acheivements he hasn't joined either of those guilds let alone left the sewers.

To answer your question he has been unable to find away to fix this if you want the achievement you have to redo the sewers but personally I think you shouldn't bother then you can tell people you are so good at this game you can finish it before you even left the sewers.

Offline Damned_Zombie

• Cobra Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 08:35:04 am »
I just love run-on sentences...

Offline 7LES

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 09:01:36 pm »

does sentence structure honestly matter on these boads?

Offline thane_jaw

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2006, 12:33:49 pm »
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/accessories/gameonthego.htm

this link details what you can and cannot do with gamer cards and the issues that surround transfering achievements (you can't) and why.

Basically the game save is stored on your computer and your gamer card online, your old gamer card is linked to the save file whilst your new gamer card isn't, there's no way of transferring who did what so you're stuck basically.

Sorry, but i hope the link helps.

Offline jov

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2006, 10:28:39 pm »

does sentence structure honestly matter on these boads?
i would hope so. communication, an especially thourough communication, is integral to getting your point across. it doesn't have to be perfect, but smooth makes it more readable, and more likely to be read.

Offline Stamp

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2006, 09:06:11 pm »
The reason why you will not be able to get achievements with that save file (or any saves made from that save) is because of the following reason:

The save was made from another profile.  To keep things fair for achievements, only the original saver maker may achieve the achievements.

Let's say this rule was NOT in place.  People would distribute their saves to their friends, and they would get achievements they didnt actually deserve. 

But you may say, "but everything i did past my friend's save is my own doing!"  Alas, you didnt get out of the sewers, did you?  That's kinda unfair don't you think?

So, this is NOT a glitch, it is in fact a FEATURE, and it is in place for ALL GAMES, and is handled at the xbox 360 OS level.