Poll

Which Flag should be the CAB flag?

12 (22.6%)
15 (28.3%)
12 (22.6%)
14 (26.4%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Author Topic: Coadunation of Autonomous Beings -- CAB  (Read 144532 times)

Offline Oviraptor

• Shinobi Ninja
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
Re: Coadunation of Autonomous Beings -- CAB
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2006, 02:20:02 pm »
the torpal may be interested in joining the CAB if they can be the head of military/defense

Yes, you can. Keep in mind that you would be in charge of tactics, not the decision to go to war, which would be decided by everyone.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2006, 02:57:33 pm »
The Mallen's are head of Health and Wellbeing. They are natural Shaman and they make special medicines out of unique herbs on their planets. They would be in charge of all medicinal trades in the alliance. They also assist in surgeries with their natural ability to numb pain.

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2006, 06:05:31 pm »
the torpal may be interested in joining the CAB if they can be the head of military/defense
Isnt that rather compromising their entire philosophy? I'd be dissapointed if the Torpal joined an alliance like that.

Yeah... Torpal seem kinda like the Mandalorians to me.
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2006, 06:13:05 pm »
Isnt that rather compromising their entire philosophy? I'd be dissapointed if the Torpal joined an alliance like that.

im still not entirely positive what their whole philosophy is... :D   plus i'm sure they'll be corrupt; it is a good oppurtunity to steal some power i suppose...

Yes, you can. Keep in mind that you would be in charge of tactics, not the decision to go to war, which would be decided by everyone.

sounds great then. the torpal are in
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Oviraptor

• Shinobi Ninja
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2006, 06:17:12 pm »

im still not entirely positive what their whole philosophy is... :D   plus i'm sure they'll be corrupt; it is a good oppurtunity to steal some power i suppose...

Well, think of it this way: you'll have way more power with the willing backing of an entire alliance then you ever will alone. Welcome aboard.

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2006, 07:05:12 pm »
Well, think of it this way: you'll have way more power with the willing backing of an entire alliance then you ever will alone. Welcome aboard.

good point...but that reminded the torpal of one other small request they have:
unless they require help (which they may never admit) in any military engagement, they ask that they alone  provide troops to fight for/protect the alliance.

this may seem like they're trying to remove the standing army from each alliance member in an attempt at simple takeover...but no...in regards to the aforementioned request, everyone can still have whatever army they want...the torpal just dont want any help fighting...their pride, honor, and whatnot...
"You hate people!"
~Clerks
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2006, 07:21:16 pm »
Would torpals be opposed to be equipted with Naucean technology? A torpal with a nano-skin suit would be much more effective. And if they must have hand to hand figtinmh they can just form a blade comming off their arm.

Offline Oviraptor

• Shinobi Ninja
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2006, 07:30:02 pm »

good point...but that reminded the torpal of one other small request they have:
unless they require help (which they may never admit) in any military engagement, they ask that they alone  provide troops to fight for/protect the alliance.

this may seem like they're trying to remove the standing army from each alliance member in an attempt at simple takeover...but no...in regards to the aforementioned request, everyone can still have whatever army they want...the torpal just dont want any help fighting...their pride, honor, and whatnot...

I understand where your coming from. That said, since you are the HoMaD, all of members military will be following your orders. And I mean no offense when I say that only a foolish commander refuses to use resources that would be of great asset, simply because they aren't them. On a lighter note, it seems most of our members have limited military anyway. And even if non-Torpal infantry aren't used, it would seem silly not to use anyone else's weapons. Plus certain semi military personnel would be of great use. Examples: Mallen: as medics to heal, not great fighters. Oifan-Umtag: Translators, not great for fighting. Naucean: highly skilled at advanced technologies, most of which they developed, to improve weaponry of all sorts. etc. Since the Torpal by far have the largest military, I think it doesn't hurt pride at all if they are the commanders who are leading the others military into battle. Of course, since you are the tactician, I assume you would use all the races to their strengths, which would only improve their status as brilliant military commanders. As HoMaD, though, it is your call. It is my opinion that using all your assets is far more deserving of honor then selfishly using only your own.

Do what you think is right, CAB trusts your judgment as the HoMaD.

gec05

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2006, 10:11:12 pm »
The Sombrerons do well in providing any resources, whatever it may be, Sombrerons will find anything on the market.

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2006, 10:22:51 pm »
after a lengthy deliberation, the torpal majority has come to a decision.
they will accept the use of other races for their strengths (outside of actual combat), with one exception; the torpal feel most comfortable and confident with their own weapons, so they shall currently decline the aid of naucean technology in general, as they also decline the weapons and whatnot of other races... (sorry, i just couldn't let 'em do it... ;))

edit: one other thing i forgot...anything the nauceans developed thats not really war-related (maybe medical things like vaccinations and such; that's all i can think of now), the torpal suppose they could use...
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 10:25:36 pm by operaghost21 »
"You hate people!"
~Clerks
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2006, 10:25:29 pm »
Darn i was going to do a drawing of a Torpal in nano skin. It was going to be cool :P I still might do it as a Naucean persuasion drawing ;) With somthing saying like "This could be you!" Cuase Nauceans have no problem sending outher in to fight for them. However they do feel they should help in any technological way they can.

Offline Flow

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2006, 10:27:12 pm »
There is something in Oviraptor that messes with my browser so that my browser gets stuck or hard to scroll. I do not know if it is the ruler or skull...
  Chryta

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2006, 10:29:16 pm »
Darn i was going to do a drawing of a Torpal in nano skin. It was going to be cool :P I still might do it as a Naucean persuasion drawing ;) With somthing saying like "This could be you!" Cuase Nauceans have no problem sending outher in to fight for them. However they do feel they should help in any technological way they can.

well, actually, go ahead...(i hadn't pictured torpal 'astronauts' wearing anything other than a helmet...so i suppose they could be persuaded into using them as space suits... ;)) (okay plus i just really wanna see your rendition of a torpal  ;D)
"You hate people!"
~Clerks
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2006, 10:30:33 pm »

well, actually, go ahead...(i hadn't pictured torpal 'astronauts' wearing anything other than a helmet...so i suppose they could be persuaded into using them as space suits... ;)) (okay plus i just really wanna see your rendition of a torpal  ;D)

Yay! *goes to draw them*

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2006, 11:40:49 pm »
Ok here ya go.

Here is a Torpal Galactic Warrior equipped with a Naucean Nano Skin suit (a liquid-like material made with microscopic nano bots that form into diffrent shapes).. This suit protects from chemical, biologically and radiation. The suit filters out clean breathable air as well as allows for enhancer or deadened senses. It also works like an exo suit in which it enhances their strength. They can be programed to make diffrent shapes as well as even add additional limbs. As you can see its arms made a blade in which it can fight with as well as on the other arm a shield in which it can protect it self with. Each Warrior has a impant in which they can mentally be connected with this nano suit. This allows for better communication on the battle field since all Warriors can know what to do and where to go just by being told in their head by the commander as the commender is able to see the battle field through any of the eyes of the warriors.