Author Topic: Yet Another Creature: The Slorthium  (Read 3298 times)

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
Yet Another Creature: The Slorthium
« on: April 19, 2006, 09:35:48 am »
A Slorthium:

As you can see. Slorthiums are rather pathetic Tribal beings. They inhabit the Ice world of Slorth, which is very small and about 96% Ice (there is alot of water there however).
Slothiums hunt for virtually any creature on Slorth, and eat no plants whatsoever. They are not the top predators of their environment- The Jangrabeast fills that category by eating Slorthiums!

They have no organised religions, but basically worship ancestors and "Mystic Idols" which the unfaithfull refer to as "Bits of wood". Slorth is in Auyuelcliad space, and the Auyuelcliads have messed around with the Slorthium's genetics- making it more resistant to disease using Auyuelcliad genes, for example. The first Auyuelcliad ship to visit Slorth was pelted with dung and rocks, The Ignorant Slorthiums not comprehending that thier "weopons" had no effect on a fighter ship capable of withstanding direct Neucler atatck. The Auyecliads regard them as savages, but protect them in ordinanace with thier laws.

The Slorthiums are ruled by their chieftians and shamans, who are elected. They have a language, but it isn't very comlex.It mainly consists of hand signals,liek sign language. Thier homes are small huts, decorated (like the Slorthiums themselves) with the bones of dead prey.

Slorth is constantly melting and freezing, so the Slorthiums can dismantle their homes and load them onto their little corackle-like boats and sail from Iceberg to Iceberg.These trips are dangerous due to ocean predators, however. There is very little plant life,basically the lower down predators eat plankton-like creatures.

Slorthiums taste like sweet and sour pork, and are best boiled in taht Oh-So-Creamy sadantir suace.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 09:58:52 am by Balthamael »

"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline Serdun

• Revenging Yar
  • Sup.
    • View Profile
Re: Yet Another Creature: The Slorthium
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 05:24:29 pm »
I like the creature. The design is humanoid. Not great. But the likeability comes from the culture itself. They worship logs. And pelt UFO's with dung. Awesome.
Yes. Of course.

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 10:47:13 pm »
Don't you love your own species? ;D
Somehow I get the feeling the female one is a bald version of Frodo Baggins... one thing you'll find about these forums are people's dislike of humanoids(unless they are really special). Don't worry, it would have been worse if you drew a dragon, or a furry.

gec05

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 10:51:42 pm »
He loves his species enough to eat...  :D

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2006, 11:20:57 pm »
This is my crappy species that my main species (the Auyuelcliads)  eat and domesticate.
I Tried to make him more bandly-leged and less humanoid.

I would rather die than make a dragon, tready 50+posst about them.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2006, 02:01:15 am »
I would rather die than make a dragon, tready 50+posst about them.

I have no idea what you're trying to say here... Please explain ???

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2006, 02:53:42 am »
I think he means

I would rather die than make a dragon, there are already 50+ posts (threads) about them.

Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2006, 07:59:31 am »
yeah, i was trying to listen to my baby sister at the same time ;).

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2006, 10:49:13 pm »
Ok, as long as I'm not missing the development of a brand new newspeak here...