Which one should I expand?

Zephyrok
2 (13.3%)
Evenire
2 (13.3%)
Salux
11 (73.3%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: Krakow Sam's misc creatures  (Read 7419 times)

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
Krakow Sam's misc creatures
« on: April 18, 2006, 02:09:01 pm »
Yet another thread to clutter up this board. I hope my ideas have some merit ;).

First, here are the Zephyroks.

The Zephyroks live on a very windy planet and cling to rocks with their three clawed arms. They scavenge inamongst the scree and rocks for morsels of food, which they lick up with a sticky tongue which comes out of the mouths on the bottom of their bodies. When threatened or simply bored, the zephyroks will let go of the rocks and allow the wind to fill the sail on their heads. They may drift for miles before setting down again.
When they eventually became sentient, and later spacefaring, the zephyroks became know for being impulsive thrill seekers, but also cowards (who will bail out of a situation as soon as it starts going badly for them).
Their space craft employ an unusual means of propulsion (similar to the kangaroo drive in HHG2TG) which causes their ships to materialise at random coordinates in space.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 02:47:59 pm by Krakow Sam »

Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
Re: Krakow Sam's misc creatures
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2006, 02:28:54 pm »
And here we have a prime specimen of the Evenire race.

The Evenire are the bourgeois of the galaxy. They are arrogant, materialist and fiercly competative. Evenire culture is dominated by the latest Trends. The Evenire pictured is keeping up with the latest trend of black clothing, big gold adornments, white leather button shoes, massive collars, corsets and pet Frillworms. Next week he'll have discarded his entire wardrobe to keep up with the next up and coming trend.

This competativeness characterises the Evenire's relationship with other species as well. If a race has done something, the Evenire have to do it bigger. If another race builds a death ray, the Evenire have to build a bigger death ray. If another race joins an alliance the Evenire have to join it too and become more proactive members to boot. If another race invents a popular new foodstuff, the Evenire have to put it on a square plate and sprinkle some strange herb on it.
Almost everyone hates the Evenire.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 02:47:17 pm by Krakow Sam »

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2006, 02:57:05 pm »
oooh very cool keep up the good work
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Serdun

• Revenging Yar
  • Sup.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2006, 04:16:33 pm »
That thing looks like it wants to suck my bloods.
Scary.
But funny.

Nice work.
Yes. Of course.

Offline luke

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2006, 04:44:34 pm »
awsome i love the Zephyroks they are cool i like the sail part and how they just randomly drift any where

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2006, 10:32:35 pm »
Ahahaha... I get the name... um... nice creatures!  :P

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2006, 05:09:21 am »
Zephyroks= Zephyr?
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2006, 03:04:36 pm »
Heres a creature Ive been thinking about expanding on beyond this thread. The Condyre, wearing traditional black robe and mask.

As you can probably guess their culture is very much centred on death. They dont kill though, this is forbidden by their religion. They are preparers of the dead. This was originally confined to a small part of their population, a priesthood prepared the dead in their sacred way. However, when they made contact with other civilisations the Condyre realised that their dead would need the treatment as well, or risk the displeasure of their death gods.
The priest sect swelled to become entire population of Condyra and its two moons were converted into gigantic Acropali. The Condyre now travel the galaxy searching for the recently deceaced. They are paid by other species to prepare their dead and take them to lie forever in the crypts of the Condyre. The Condyre see this as taking money for providing a sacred service, most of the species they deal with see it more as protection money to stop these imposing wraiths from simply taking corpses straight out of freshly dug graves (as some Condyre have been know, or at least rumored to do). The Condyre do not in fact experience much agression for their actions and beliefs because most species they encounter are terrified by them.

Above is a Condyre performing the embalming ritual on a recently deceased Zephyrok. It is wearing the traditional death mask and holding the various tools and paraphinalia used in the process.

Offline Henqix

• Stargate Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2006, 04:12:45 pm »
Nice, after these recent wars the galaxy could sure need some undertakers.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2006, 10:50:50 pm »
ok that's just creepy! *hides*

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2006, 04:04:26 am »
Very nice. One of the coolest backstories I've read so far.

Offline Lambsquirter

• Megamania Megalomaniac
  • Don't play with your food
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2006, 04:28:38 am »
wow, these are all good, and the last creature is very scary and such a unique and original species and culture
Under construction

Offline Beatnuki

• Scramble Skipper
  • Wilco Hex, reporting for duty!
    • View Profile
    • Beatnuki's Chunk of Funk (which seemed like a good idea at the time)
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2006, 05:46:00 am »
These are all incredibly unique creatures. I'm particularly fond of the way in which the materialistic Evenire have taken the materialism and fashion-consciousness of humanity to a bold new and remarkably intriguing level.  ;D

These are fantastic ideas and I'd love meeting any or all of them in the final game. Great work!
If you peruse my things, you get POINTS!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Beatnuki

Only trouble is, they're Whose Line Is It Anyway points, which are infamously not worth anything.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2006, 03:24:08 pm »
This is the Ketreen:

What we see here is actually the larval form of the Ketreen, however, most Ketreen spend the majority of their lives as larvae and only become adults to mate... after which they die. The Creen mate once every 12 years, when the two moons of their planet align and they feel the combined gravity pulling up on them (the hairs on their bodies are very sensitive). This prompts them to enter cocoons and rapidly mature.
The Ketreen evolved and live in lakes of Caustic brine on the planet ketreenis. Seeing as food is scarce, the Ketreen evolved to be competative backstabbing bastards when they finally reached sapience. Their culture for a long time consisted of rival 'companies' who competed for resources. Now they are spacefaring a single company has grown to dominance, the Ketreen Consortium. The Consortium began expanding outwards from Ketreenis until they hit inhabited space... which just happened to be an area which had for a long time been infested by the Halcyon corporation (The Ketreen homeworld is very far away from the area of space in the fanfic universe). The Ketreen were immune to the Halcyon parasite because they lived in conditions which were massively saline and approaching p.H 14, which killed it before it could infect them. What ensued is a power struggle between the Consortium and Halcyon which has lasted for almost 400 years and shows no sign of ever being resolved.

Edit: Fixed Plagarism
« Last Edit: May 07, 2006, 01:46:45 am by Krakow Sam »

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2006, 10:17:33 pm »
pssssst, krakow:

next, we have a torpalian 'pet', the Creen.

What's that, you say? Why would a culture based around war and violence have pets? *Commence evil grin*
The creen are not 'pets' in the normal sense. In the normal sense, I mean how we think of it, because I don't feel like explaining it. When a Torpal youth has been judged, and is decided to go into a career in the military, each new recruit is given a new-born baby creen. While the torpal goes through military school, learning how to fight and survive and other such things, the torpal raises the creen by himself, nurturing it, and teaching it to hunt/kill/fight, etc. After about 10 years, when the torpal's training is complete, the torpal is given one final test he must pass to be allowed into the army as an official soldier. (At this point, a creen standing on its hind legs is as tall as a full-grown torpal.) To become a soldier, the torpal must kill their own creen with their bare hands (no weapons)! The preferred method is wrestling it to the ground, and then stabbing it in the throat with its own front claws, though some more daring students jump on its back and snap its neck, thought the quills usually hurt them in the process. As the torpals see it, once they are able to kill such a dangerous creature that they have also known since its birth, they are both mentally and physically prepared to be a soldier.
(I would just like to point out on the creen the little shine effect thing on its front claws. I am more proud of that than anthing else I've drawn in this entire thread  ;D)

name's taken  ;)

nice creature though
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]