7 (16.3%)
Creature B
14 (32.6%)
Creature C
11 (25.6%)
Creature D
11 (25.6%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Author Topic: Oviraptor's Creatures  (Read 14328 times)

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
Re: Oviraptor's Creatures
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2006, 06:03:15 pm »
With its unorthodox mouth, it sc****s into the ice to feed on organisms that live within the ice, and to get water.

Methinks you spelled "scythes" wrong.
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2006, 06:05:43 pm »
With its unorthodox mouth, it sc****s into the ice to feed on organisms that live within the ice, and to get water.

:D It's not scythes, it's S-C-R-A-P-E-S. Apparently, Steve has that word a little too censored.

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2006, 06:07:23 pm »

:D It's not scythes, it's S-C-R-A-P-E-S. Apparently, Steve has that word a little too censored.

Steve censored "crap"? Nope... Crape? Oh! Aha... that word. :-X
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2006, 06:17:41 pm »
Added a new part to the Stomiodons about the God's Eye. (From the Battle of Thishen thread).

werechicken

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2006, 08:19:12 pm »

Steve censored "crap"? Nope... Crape? Oh! Aha... that word. :-X

you can also not say gr apple my question is WHY!?

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2008, 12:15:15 pm »
Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Well, more like 727, but who's counting. Anyway, i thought this a good place to put up my poll on which creature I should use for my [NG] creature. These are all creatures that have never been shown on the forum before, so enjoy: (click to enlarge)

Creature A:

Creature A doesn't see in visible light, communicates percussively, and has setae for for manipulators.

Creature B:

Creature B has an odd form of vision, and an even odder form of locomotion; the whole underside is highly malleable.

Creature C:

Creature C has three manipulators that grip by suction and an exoskeleton body with a single foot; they are slow.

Creature D:

Creature D is displays a very high sexual dimorphism, the smaller ones are fed (and reproduce at the same time) by the larger one through that large patch in its back.

These are in order of drawing. Please feel free to ask questions about any of them, as I think it may not be entirely clear at first glance what exactly you are looking at. :P
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 12:36:00 pm by Oviraptor »

Offline Flisch

• H.E.R.O. Rescue Worker
  • Banned - 17/07/15
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2008, 12:20:28 pm »
I vote for the last one, it looks very interesting!
There is, of course, a difference between having a laugh with someone, and having a laugh at their expense

Offline Huckbuck

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2008, 12:26:13 pm »
I would read descriptions before decideing, could you add just a sentence about each please? :)
@davidramnero

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2008, 12:27:25 pm »
Sure thing!

Edit: There, one, brief sentence on each.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 12:36:25 pm by Oviraptor »

Offline Blarg

• Krull Slayer
  • HE'S BACK IN BLACK
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2008, 12:48:42 pm »
I voted both D and B, because both look cool. But it appears that D is going to win. Which is fine with me!  :)

Better to live like there was a God, then die and find out there isn't than to live like there wasn't a God then die and find out there is.

Christianity is a relationship, not a religion.

Offline tomasgaquino

• Gorf Goon
  • Now that's deadly. *psycho song*
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2008, 12:53:39 pm »
Also voted B and D, but I'd like to see B being the winner. Oh well, D is cool as well.

Offline Huckbuck

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2008, 01:19:29 pm »
Voted B, though all of em looks awesome :D
@davidramnero

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2008, 03:39:50 pm »
Nice to see you drawing again Ovi! :D

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2008, 09:38:58 pm »
D. I wanna see how their sexual dimorphism works. :)

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
  • And, boom goes the dynamite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2008, 11:40:46 pm »
I voted for C and D.

The following are my opinions.

A's legs look to out of place and in organic for it's body. I suppose if it's legs were chitin-encased and insect-like, I'd give it a pass. Otherwise it looks to out of place for me. Though it is drawn well.

B is intriguing but I don't see anyway for it to interact with it's environment. Isn't some form of environmental manipulator required for the [NG] game? It really is an awesome design, but I still don't see it making it as a sentient creature, perhaps you could relegate it to have a purpose the overall ecosystem of whatever creature eventually wins. I especially like the head(?) region. I suppose that's some sort of sensory organ on the large blade-like head(?)? It's really fascinating.

C is interesting. I chose it mainly because I can sort of see how it could of advanced to that stage, although it's body(?)/head(?) thing seems to angular. Do you suppose it's "suction arms" are strong enough to propel it if it grabs the ground? I mean if they are meant to be "arm-like" they have to be kind of strong if dealing with prey. I suppose it's a class of pseudopod? I kind of want to suggest a cephalopod-esque approach, specifically the octopus. It uses it's manipulators (tentacles) in order to move around it's environment. You can keep the pseudopod "foot", but relegate it to some purpose like waste removal or something? Just a suggestion, but only because if something is terribly slow, unless it's massive, it's chances of survival are slim. If you have some sort of defensive means, then by all means elaborate (and consequently ignore everything I said).

D is just interesting. It has a (somewhat) believable concept and it could prove to have several distinct advantages to it depending on the environment. It is by far the most likely creature. Sexual Dimorphism is an interesting concept of that degree is interesting as well. Which is the "male" and which is the "female"? Is the flying one the male? Or have I misunderstood, and it has a two-stage development process, similar to a caterpillar/butterfly's three stage larvae/pupil/adult metamorphosis and the sexual dimorphism occurs in the adult stage?
"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and hurt you." - Elvis Presley