7 (16.3%)
Creature B
14 (32.6%)
Creature C
11 (25.6%)
Creature D
11 (25.6%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Author Topic: Oviraptor's Creatures  (Read 14530 times)

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
Oviraptor's Creatures
« on: April 17, 2006, 02:48:50 pm »
Shock! :o

Okay, I can't help it, thought this would be a good place to put thing I draw that have nothing to do with the Oifan-Umtags.

Here is an Ubor:

The Ubori (plural form of Ubor) live on the planet Uboria. They have no bones, but instead have highly packed muscles which form a "core" in the center of the limbs and body. Each limb end in for digits. The front ones can be used to both manipulate and walk on. In the center of the four digits on both of the front limbs is a semi-retractable mouth. They have to slits (one behind each eye) and it is used for both breathing and communication. The two thing you see hanging done on it's face are it's ears. It is about the size of a Bengal tiger, only taller.

Edit:

Here are some other ones posted before:

Potump: (click to enlarge)

Somiodon: (click to enlarge)

It has no ears but a very good sense of touch, mainly through its feet. It communicates through vibrations it makes with its muscles, or stamping/tapping its feet, which are transfered through the ground. It has 2 eyes, very close together (in the same socket, essentially) and its vision is limited. It also doesn't really have a head, so its eyes are fixed foeward (though its eyes do have movement of their own). Its mouth is "jawless" and is serves basically the same function as a stomach, although it does have "teeth" which line its walls.

And:

Though theSina was orbiting the Stomiodon homeworld for only a short time, it both frightened and intrigued the primitive Stomiodon, still hunter-gatherers. The Stomiodon homeworld, Mawan, has no natural moons, so they were shocked and amazed when this giant sphere popped into the sky. They praised the gods that they had been given such a beautiful gift. They watched it, all through the night, even the children, as is slowly traced its way across the sky. So when it disappeared, they were deeply saddened. They cried out to the gods to let them have the beautiful "God's Eye," as they now called it, back. But it never came back. For years they yearned to get the God's Eye back. They were determined to reach out to the sky to find it. When they finally discovered space flight, a full 5,000 years later, most Stomiodons thought it was just a fantastic tale, that it was just something those ancient Stomiodons made up to explain the way the world works. But some still believed. Those are the ones that would search the galaxy for their long lost icon, the God's Eye.

Unnamed: (click to enlarge)

« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 11:06:03 am by Oviraptor »

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
Re: Oviraptor's Creatures
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2006, 04:26:46 pm »
Some pretty far out stuff there. Very nice.

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2006, 07:33:14 pm »
Here is an Askitakt: (click to enlarge)

Askitakts have a large shell covering their body. They are carnivores. Their mouth will pull back almost entirely into the shell when it isn't hunting or feeding. Their small head has two compound eyes, that are limited but effective. They retract their head as well, while they are sleeping. Their tail is mainly to help balance it while it walks and runs, because of it's unusually wide stance. They are about the size of an ostrich, minus the head and neck.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 11:56:26 am by Oviraptor »

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2006, 10:21:34 pm »
Hey, didn't Hydro dub it the "Reclinodon"? Otherwise, very nice concepts!

Offline luke

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2006, 12:27:26 am »
i like the Somiodon 8) looks awsome should make them a race bent on war coz thats what they look like  8) the others are awsome as well the Somiodon is kind of like a monster i wana make  8)

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2006, 05:33:25 am »
Hey, didn't Hydro dub it the "Reclinodon"? Otherwise, very nice concepts!

That's their nick-name. Their official name is Stomiodon.

I am glad you all like them! :)

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2006, 10:19:45 am »
ooh i remember the potump and the stomiodon! great creatures!
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2006, 07:26:17 pm »
More creatures, very nice Ovi! That last one, the Askitakt, is interesting. That drawing turned out really well.

Offline luke

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2006, 07:32:31 pm »
i want to learn more about them like what they eat how they live that kind of thing

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2006, 05:20:40 pm »

The Nonopod. (click to enlarge) It walks on its nine toes, three toes per leg. Its long body ends in its face, which has three arms, each with the fingers, three eyes, and a jawless circular mouth in the center. Its eyes never seem to blink because its eyelids are invisible. It has three air holes (for breathing), one right behind each eye, and three ears, one behind each arm. It wobbles severely when it walks.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 11:58:09 am by Oviraptor »

Offline Xarionis

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2006, 05:25:30 pm »
Mmm. Radial symmetry.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2006, 05:25:36 pm »
Very cool! I like your shading too. Can it climb at all? It looks like it could inch up trees maybe.

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2006, 05:36:33 pm »
Very cool! I like your shading too. Can it climb at all? It looks like it could inch up trees maybe.

No, it can't climb, that's why it is so tall. It is omnivorous, it will eat anything slow enough for it to catch, and anything it eats will be in or on trees. It will often lean on trees to rest, since it is such a wobbly walker. It is about 7 feet tall, and it doesn't have many predators, despite its slow gait.

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2006, 10:40:55 pm »
Love the nonopod! Simple and clean design. Great expression on his "face" too. ;)

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2006, 05:59:47 pm »

Pagonodoiporos, or Ice Walker, has very sharp pointed feet and tail to help it walk over ice at any grade. With its unorthodox mouth, it scrap-es into the ice to feed on organisms that live within the ice, and to get water. It is about twice the size of the average house cat. All of the body is covered in thick fur, except the five points and the front of the face.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 11:59:58 am by Oviraptor »