Author Topic: ODDWORLD - a "feature planet" in the Spore Universe  (Read 43599 times)

Offline noogle

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
Re: ODDWORLD - a "feature planet" in the Spore Universe
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2006, 07:36:46 am »
i really like the slog but, how does it see? i don't see any eyes

Offline Brutus

• Ice Climber
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2006, 09:16:18 am »
yes they have no eyes because they dont need em the sligs order them about like attack dogs,, and sligs have no legs (there mechanical) the can also fly because they can have a proppeler installed. a slog is a sligs best friend , its basicly an attack dog that can be ordered about by a slig, with commands like "GIIEEET 'EM!!" and stuff, they were real fun to posses because you could  order the slog to attack another slig. glukkons could be possesed and you could order sligs about with them, so you could order a slig to machine gun another slig to death and stuff, great fun , i played those games as a kid, but in the end i didnt save enough muddokens so the native mudokens let me be thrown into a blender sorta thing.

and if you took control of a paramite you could lead your little pack of paramites about, there was this one level when you had to posses a scrab and fight other scrabs to the other side of this tunnel but while you were controlling the scrab, these green things that were absoloutly tiny would lick you and after they'd licked you a certain number of times, one of them would swallow you hole even though they were only the size of your foot, little bastards

the story of the one i loved as a kid was increditly deep, but in a nutshell, abe is a mudoken who was cleaning when he over heard the glukkons say they were going to kill the mudokens and sell them as snacks and stuff , like  this drink that when you drank it he farted and you could posses the fart ew, but anyway he decides to try and help all the muddokens escape and so you must go up a kudoken and ask him to follow you and sneak around the sligs and slogs and all them and get to these birds and when you chant they turn into a portal and the muddokens that are following you run into it and you do that, thats the bare bones of the story.

here are some screenies from one of the oldesnt and best oddworld games the new ones have brilliant graphics but arnt as traditional,

here are the legless sligs going to get there "wings" at the appropriatly named "getcha' wings station" and that oval with the green line in it can be talked to, it has a very jolly voice and you ask it to open doors and stuff forn ya'

here are the paramites and abe has possesed one of them and he is going to use it to tug that rope to open a door and there are those little green bastards that can eat you hole like a fly eats a frog, they can't be possesed,

the graphics of the new ones can be seen in the first post. are they gonna make anymore of these games?

elum was brilliant, you could ride him like a horse around the native mudokens territory, you had to wistle to get through some doors or they would shooot you with a sling shot

also mudokens had moods and you had to cheer them up and tuff  by saying i am sorry or somthing in that cute mudoken child like voice

« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 09:47:21 am by Brutus_ »
Never mind your own business.

Offline Sporinger Z

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2006, 12:21:10 pm »
i really like the slog but, how does it see? i don't see any eyes

Or course they are blind. At this moment, the game will have "sense" concept. It maybe improved just with eyes, or maybe you can add ears, ants, or whatever to your creature in order to have another way of sense the world around you.

This is the eternal problem of "not having enogh info". :'(

Offline Brutus

• Ice Climber
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2006, 12:26:46 pm »
yea but in spore, you are the creatures eyes,

Offline Sporinger Z

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2006, 12:36:32 pm »

THIS is why at the first time I think eyes COULD be useless. If at last, they are so, I won't waste evolution points on them.
But later I've seen some pics that make me doubt. Maybe eyes (or another sensitive body parts) are used by the creature when it's roaming free (in order to scape from predators or hunting for preys).

I don't need to say it, but these are just supositions.

Offline CommunistHamster

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2006, 01:54:26 pm »
Maybe, while playing as creatures without eyes, you simply wouldn't be able to see, and you'd have to navigate by some sort of crude minimap? Or a heavily blurred view to represent sonar/electro-sense?

I still want there to be Earth somewhere in the galaxy. That's an easter egg.
Any volunteers for porting every single species on Earth to Spore?  ;D

Offline Sporinger Z

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2006, 02:43:10 pm »
Any volunteers for porting every single species on Earth to Spore? ;D

I'm going to breed some rare prehistorik animals (eg. Tupuxuara, Elasmotherium,Pliosaurus, etc.)

Offline Serdun

• Revenging Yar
  • Sup.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2006, 05:37:48 pm »
Can someone fill me in.. What is "Oddword"?  ???
Yes. Of course.

Offline Shivore

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2006, 05:41:02 pm »
Oddworld. It's a series of videogames. You can go here for more info: http://www.gamefaqs.com/search/index.html?game=oddworld&searchplatform=All+Platforms

I'd love to see some of those things in game, even though I've never played a single oddworld game before. Howver, due to copyright issues, I estimate a 0% chance of any of them being included with the game.
"Ignorance can be fixed, Stupid is forever."

Offline Sporinger Z

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2006, 05:51:05 pm »
Howver, due to copyright issues, I estimate a 0% chance of any of them being included with the game.

As an "official creature" of course, but any player can design whatever they want.

TheChaos7

« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2006, 06:54:35 pm »
ill be makeing a zerg inspired world

Offline Areku

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2006, 09:32:21 pm »
Someone don't forget to make a Steef, the latest, and probably last addition to the Oddworld family.  :'(

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2006, 09:37:01 pm »
Someone don't forget to make a Steef, the latest, and probably last addition to the Oddworld family.  :'(

Steeeef! Steeef! Steef, steef, steef!
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2006, 01:42:40 am »
Im looking forward to the Earth planet. Has anyone seen "Indepedence Day"? Mwahahahahah!
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline Brutus

• Ice Climber
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2006, 02:32:11 am »
I will definitly make an oddworld, no matter what it takes then i will upload it under that name "borderlan" so that the guys that made oddworld wont know so they can't sue, 

the glukkons own rapture farms which is a huge meat processing plant that makes paramite pies and slog sausages and scrab cakes and they plan on making mudoken pops to keep profits up,  and abe is the mudoken destined to save everyone , you know this because the moon has an imprint of his hand on it, kind a crazy but if you play the game you'llknow why.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 03:19:23 am by Brutus_ »