Author Topic: Xbox 2 Specs  (Read 6664 times)

Offline Sensei Jinx

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
Re: Xbox 2 Specs
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2005, 11:15:22 am »
Of course it's up to the games. But that doesn't mean they shouldn't try new things. Sure, some will fail, most definitely. Some will be bad ideas. But some will become a mainstay. Analog controllers were probably "gimmicky" back in the day. I mean, people might still be happy with games just using regular old D-pads, if they hadn't started to implement them. But they'd be severely limited, compared to the precision we get out of analog control today.

What other things? Well, rumble features in a controller. Not that big of a deal really, in my opinion, but people really seem to like it.

Wireless controllers (which were NOT introduced by the X360 as I'm sure some people will end up thinking).

CDs, and later, DVDs to hold information on, instead of carts. These are just a few of the big achievements I can think of.

But like you said, it's all about what the developers do with the hardware...but with new innovations the things a developer can achieve are vastly larger. The XBox 360 is really just an XBox with expanded hardware, and a few novelties here and there.

Not that I'm saying Microsoft is the only company guilty of those, mind you.

Offline mikeha

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
Re: Xbox 2 Specs
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2005, 02:48:51 pm »
Any idea if it's backwards compatible? My thought is no, because if it was going to be backwards compatible, Microsoft would probably have been promoting it along with the other features. They are quiet about it because they don't want to turn too many people off.