Author Topic: Ultimate Avengers  (Read 1277 times)

Offline versatek

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
Ultimate Avengers
« on: April 13, 2006, 10:36:04 am »
I love comic book movies.  Especially animated ones.  Batman : mask of the Phantasm was one of the best in my opinion.

So it was really a no brainer to go and pick up Ultimate Avengers on DVD.  I've never read the ultimates Comic series, but apparently this movie follows the storyline fairly closely.  I enjoyed it tremendously.  I think Animation is a great format for Marvel Properties.  It allows the movies to stay closer to their comic roots, and allows greater freedom in showing off fantastic battle scenes.  I think it makes a lot more sense to go the animation route, then the big budget summer movie blockbuster.  Avengers has it's share of flaws, but all in all I was very satisfied.  My only major complaint is that they seemed to animate around 15fps.  But the story and artwork held up.  I hope, that if this format is sucessful, they spend a little more money for more animation frames.  I'd also like to see more marvel properties get this treatment.

Offline Fink

• Elevator Action Operator
  • I have more stars than you
    • View Profile
Re: Ultimate Avengers
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2006, 01:23:42 pm »
I think they are airing that next week on cartoon network. I'm going to watch it