Author Topic: The Auyuelcliads, of the UAR  (Read 51784 times)

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
The Auyuelcliads, of the UAR
« on: April 13, 2006, 08:52:45 am »
The Auyuelcliads. Prounced: Ar-you-el-clee-ads
The Auyuelcliads live on a desert world in a galaxy far far away.They are a rough 2 meters tall, and have a large baise torso, situated on a mass off tentacle-like limbs that they use to drag themselves along. Thier faces are long, snout like with long serrated tusks, about 30cm in lenght. They have holes in thier head which they use to hear, and a vast uni-nostril (they aren't coke-ads) which they use to smell with. Thier eyesight is thier greatest sense, and they have large, slitted eyes with brilliant night-vision. They see in a brilliant array of colours, which humans and other lesser races have no concept of. Thier vast nostril is also used to inhale steam form the constant evaporation of water on thier home planet Banaqaq, whihc is how they sustain life. They feed on Serelites, small gazelle like creature with a system of rootlike hairs used to absorb water form the ground.

<Coloured Picture courtesy of the brillinat Huggrukka.>

They are a militaristic race, but care nothing for material possessions. They have no concept of currency, as everything is shared with the others in the group. "Ownership"and "Possession" have no meaning to the The Auyuelcliads. Honour and imagination are seen as the key virtues of Auyuelcliad society. Auyuelcliad culture is vibrant and exciting, and they use street theatre and word-of-mouth to keep history alive, and regard writing things down as sacrelige. The Auyuelcliads be in gods known as the Unspoken, but it is forbidden to speak of the Unspoken to non-Auyuelcliads, so little is known. They are ruled by a council of 3 men, currently Jabai, Buda'an and Scipii known as "The Three". Each one of the 3 has a special duty, one is the head of the economic advisor, one is commander of the armies and fleets and one is the head of the Auyuelcliad church. Women are forbidden in "The Three".

They are a space-faring race, and believe bring the word of The Unspoken to other planets is sacred duty.

Cross-Breeding is outlawed by Maunaq's Law, Which States:
Any Interferance or meddling with  any non-sapient beings is Outlawed, No matter how benign or needed.Aggression is tolerated if in the interest of The Auyuelcliad Empire.

The Auyuelcliads believe that War is nessacary, and expanding the terriotries of The Auyuelcliads is essential. They do however think Peace is nessacary with other powerfull and deserving races, and so, with the encouragment of several other races, Joined the FPPUP( The Federation For The Protection And Preservation Of Universal Peace), Which promotes peace between all sapient beings, by suggesting means other than violence. It has no army and is largely regarded as "Controlled" by major powers.

They Fight using thier large fists to pummel thier foes, or using staffs. Thier tanks are composed of vats metalic triangles, with large pincers used to draw thier foes close and incinerate them with the flamethrower.

Thier language is phonetic (as they dislike writing), and has a deep, guttural sound to it.
Eg: (written phonetically) Bakhari, Numar, Bast Carnarak Tupai?
Lit. Translation :Friend/sibling,I ask, your mother: where does she sleep?
In english: Where do you come from?

Comments?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 02:08:28 pm by Mr. Consideration »

"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
Re: My Creature Idea, No Picture The Auyuelcliads
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2006, 10:34:41 am »
Banaqaq:

Banaqaq is a small desert planet, that has no bodies of water whatsoever. The various "nations" from before "The Three" used the mountains as borders. The old nations were Imperia, Murandier, Moulon, Nuabla, Castan, Khalficii , Jorani and Tasman. they united many years ago, but occasional riots break out over racism. Banaqaq orbist the son called Tupai Duba'an, which means "Fire Mother". Banaqaq is very close to its Sun, and is and understandably hot planet. The Other planets in its solar system are : Topai Moulon (Dark Father), Jarek Topai (Cold Father), Mastar Topai (Old Father)Dhulami Topai (True Father) and Maunaq (named in honor of a famous Auyuelcliad who helped unify Banaqaq).Banaqaq's moons are Kinta Jorn (Stone Sister) and Baertiak ("Sweet Poison").

All Planets and Moons in the Solar System have been colonised, and the gaze of the Auyuelcliads has started to turn beyond their Solar System into the Galaxy.

The Largest cities in Banaqaq are Cair Dolmek and Tamsantir. Cair Dolmek is where "The Three" are housed in thier palace.

Architechture: The Auyuelcliads  have cube-like houses, with large domes on top. Thye are sand coloured and marked in red paint. Thier other buildings are generally similar, but will have towers on top, signifying Quality (a poor slum-like bar will have a small tower, a palace a large one).

Agriculture: The Auyuelcliads plant a bulb-plant,but this has to be done in caves or inside, where the water is avaliable in the ground.These are called "Saradantir", and the buildings "Kantu Saradantir".

Trade: The Auyuelcliads  have little interest in material goods, and trade little. They give away small clay statues which they are famous for to other races. These are meticulously painted and take many days to make. They only give these to Guarakka-Su- "Honoured Ones".

Mating: ( Well, when a Mummy Auyuelcliad and a Daddy Auyuelcliad love each other very much...) Auyuelcliads mate in much the same way as Humans, and females (who lack tusks) will find large tusks attractive in a male.

Religion: Although we know little of "The Unspoken", the gods of the Auyuelcliads, we know something of their Dogma. They believe all life-forms are linked to Jaabanii Grakhu "The Source of All". They believe people are all tuned in to Jaabanii Grakhu, in varying degrees. This is where ideas come form, apprently, and how people know how people are feeling.
Communion with Jaabanii Grakhu is the way to englightenment, through a set of meditations known as Quin Da' Krit. This belief is know as Dhulam, "Truth".
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 01:09:23 pm by Balthamael »
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Offline GCool

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2006, 10:46:20 am »
Both cool, would be better with pictures, but meh.
I like the idea that the Banaqaq have conqured everything they can reach, but now wan't more. Makes them sound evil...

I;m guessing you'l have 26 things at this rate?

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2006, 10:55:36 am »
Both cool, would be better with pictures, but meh.
I like the idea that the Banaqaq have conqured everything they can reach, but now wan't more. Makes them sound evil...

Thanks, But i can't draw to save my life.The Auyuelcliads(Banaqaq is the planet) aren't evil, they just need to spread the word of their god(s) (so they say :p). I actualy wrote the Turning thier gaze..(dum dum dum) in case i want to write/join a fanfic. If i can be arsed.

why 26?

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2006, 11:44:54 am »
The Auyuelcliads be in gods known as the Unspoken, but it is forbidden to speak of the Unspoken to non-Auyuelcliads, so little is known.

if they cant talk about them, then how do they 'spread the word'?  ???
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2006, 11:55:40 am »
Lol, Owned.
By Convert they mean ANNILIHATE!!!

Offline GCool

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2006, 03:28:20 pm »
why 26?

A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H....
I dunno what the other things to add would be. I guess the moon would be C, and UFO would be d...

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2006, 12:00:38 pm »
The History of the Auyuelcliads.
NOTE: KM means Kuma Maunaq (Before Maunaq's Unification), JM Means Jumu Maunaq (After Maunaq's unification.)

3000Km Approx The Auyuelcliads develop into the species they are today, first recorded Auyuelcliad Civilization, The Climaruen is born.
2750 km Approx Climaruen overun by barbaric hordes and the armies of nieghbouring Imperia and Tasca, end of Climaruen. The (Now dead) Chimaru Religion is born.
2463 km the Auyuelcliads discover first artifact of the Unspoken, thier religion if formed. The Auyuelcliads are now divided into Chimaru and Unspoken Worshippers (Dhumal-mu)
2398 km Jorani becomes independent state form Imperia, Tasca empire splits into Moulon and Castan.
2160km Cair Dolmek is founded.
1967km Khalificii Founded.
1798km Start of the Dhulam Crusades:The Nations of the world fight for their faith.
1674km Last High Priest of Chimaru is executed by Naraik II, king of Jorani. His Capital, Beren, is now the Holy City is Dhulam. Chimaru is dead religion.
1473km:Tasman is founded.
1375km: Murandier is founded.
1345km: A Auyuelcliad arises claiming to be hier to the Tascan throne. His army is defeated at Qiunmai Mountains, By Kierano I of Moulon.
1116km: Nuabla founded.
976 km: The Great War: Tasman, Murandier and Imperia fight Castan, Nuabla and Moulon. The Imperian allies win, Imperia, Murandier and Moulon become the most powerfull nations on Banaqaq.
756: Banaqaq and surrounding planets/moons are named according to Dhulam doctrine.
643km: The Strongest Nations rush to conquer and colonise all smaller nations. The one mentioned managed to survive.
421km:Tasman become a democracy, Moulon becomes a Totalarian State.
367km: Slavery is outlawed in every nation on Banaqaq.
265km: Imperia become a Democracy
98km: Amritna'Murad, (Plague of Murad, an evil spirit) wipes out 1/8 of Auyuelcliad population
34km: Maunaq born.
14km" Muanaq becomes president of Imperia, declares war on Moulon and Nuabla. Botha re conquered.
13km: Murandieran empire falls to the Khalificii and Castan, Castan surrenders to Imperian superiority.Khaliificii declares war on Imperia.
11km: Tasman surrendersto Imperia.
9km: Khalificii defeated, added to Imperian Empire.
1jm: Banaqaq united under Maunaq.Maunaq is seen as a figure of great wisdom and brings great happiness to his people.
14jm Maunaq founds Tasmantir, new capital of Banaqaq.
17jm Maunaq assasinated by Castani fanatics.Banaqaq divided between his 3 sons, who become "The Three"
347jm The Dhulam Church is divided in Orthodox and Henetehists ( who believe in 4 other gods, of teh wind, death, life, and sand.)
479jm The Red Plague: thousands of locust-like Jiermo swarm across Banaqaq, eating the flesh of Auyuelcliads, 1/3 of population maimed. Very few deaths.
598jm: The Auyuelcliads Exterminate the Jiermo once and for all.
765jm: The Auyuelcliads develop basic Space Travel
769jm The Auyuelcliads visist thier moon, Kinta Jorn.
773jm The Auyuelcliads Colonise Kinta Jorn and Baertiak.
863jm: The Auyuelcliads visit surrounding planets, and colonise Jarek Topai, Topai Moulon and Topai Dhulami.
894jm The Auyuelcliads on Jarek Topai fight a war of independece, which they lose. They are enslaved and Slavery is once again a legitimate enterprise.
947 jm: The Rest Of the System colonised.
952jm: The Auyuelcliads conatct The Draani, another spacefaring race. The Dranni are black humanoids with wings like a dragonfly.They have terrible eyesight but brilliant hearing.. They are extremely militaristic and their empire is far larger than that of The Auyuelcliads. They have a horrific population problem.. They are mercanaries in other conflicts, and aid Topai Moulon in its war of independence.
955 jmTopai Moulon Recounquered.
956jm: the The Auyuelcliads declare war on the Draani.
963: The Cellerin encountered. These are evolutioanry off-shoots of the Draani, but are differnt in all aspects. They are more colourfull and generally happier.
967jm The Auyuel-Draani war ends, with no significant losses of gains. The Auyuelcliad proverb: Tubra, Miel Traiki Ont Traba, Gruhka Do Mahruk, refers to this. It Means "In This war, No -one wins. We all just lose by varying degrees." This desciribes the loss of 4 Billion Auyuelcliad lives (19% of population) and 13 Billion Draani (6% Population)
1204jm: The Damari, The Cuotlika, The Sebodoh, The Kirnum and many otehr races encountered.
1283jm The Auyuelcliads join The FPPUP.
1342jm:The Evangestical Chruch formed as some Auyuelcliads believe that Dhulami doctinre is not being followed (Trade is against Dhulam, and converting Non-Auyuelcliads- Both of these are activities performed by The Three and the Henethist Church) Thye form communes in teh middle of nowhere where they live in strict accordance with Dhulam doctrine.
1367km :Auyuelcliads are founders of the O.T.H.E.R Alliance, along with The Ichthians, The ViS, and The Urshans. Halycon founded.
1368km The Auyuelcliads leave O.T.H.E.R alliance, which they believe is corrupt. They ask to join CAB.
1369km The Halcyon War
1370km The Original Founders of O.T.H.E.R remake the alliance. The Evangelist Rebellion starts. and is defeated. Dubrian is publicly executed, the other ringleaders flee.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2006, 12:53:47 am by Balthamael »

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
  • Spore account name: RubyClaw, search me out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2006, 12:44:34 pm »
Very nice, good job  :).

too bad you can't draw :(, try doing simple drawings, maybe you would make it.

Can you explain more about their physique? Skeleton, body shape, skin and etc... I would make it better to Imagen (because of the lack of pictures).

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2006, 01:58:01 am »
In Depth Auyuelcliad:
The Auyuelcliad Skeleton i based around a central rib cage, which is shaped like a dome, the bottom of which is the boneless-tenctacel area. The Auyuelccliads have several spines, coming from 4 diiffrent points of the dome to hold up the skull and the tusks. The Tusks protrude form the base of the mouth. The have two muscular arms, complete with retractable claws. Auyuelcliads are very resistant to poisons and disease, as they have a very powerfull digestive acid, capable of dissolving rocks. Thier ears are tufted, with fur to protect them from sandstorms. Thier skin is thick and grey, and maybe be covered in Red Ochre markings to signify occupation or marital status. they use their base of tentacles to pull the themsleves along, and their long uni-nosrtil nose to breathe in steam which condenses in teh back of thier throat. They can not drink water like humans, and always boil water when ingesting it in space or other planets where the water isnt constantly evaporating.Thier eyes are always red, and are covered in a thin viel of skin to protect them.

Auyuelcliads live for around 50 or 60 Banaqaq years. (One Banaqaq year is 142.638% of an Earth year.) They Reach sexual maturity age 9-11 and old age is around 45.

Fashion:Auyuelcliads seldom wear clothes, but when they do they wear brown, white or black habits over thier torso (like the "Hoodie" of a Human Heathen), these are usualy covered in red ochre markings dictating  occupation, marital status and Name. They wear nothing over thier tentacles. A Auyuelcliad will carry with him his Niereli( a bowl for boiling water in when exploring other planers or caves on Banaqaq), his Cupalin ( a medallion created by thier parents) and his Hurrukai Battle Staff. Hurrukai Battle Staffs can be folded down for easy storage. These days, he is also likely to carry a kind of gun, generally a Repxor or a Xorentz (makes of guns on Banaaqaq). Auyuelcliadic Missionaries will also carry a Hupagrak Dhulam (Sign Of Dhulam) which is shaped like 2 circles next to a cresent moon.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2006, 10:59:42 am by Balthamael »

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
Re: My Creature :The Auyuelcliads NOW WITH PICTURES!
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2006, 11:30:53 am »
Some Auyuelcliads have, however, abandoned a great deal of thier beliefs, It is a common thing for Auyuelcliads to now buy and sell goods, which is against Dhulam and Auyuelcliad life. This was brought on by interaction with other races, and changes  within the Dhulam Church. Orthodox Dhulami aren't as widespread as Henetists, and thie rmain concerntration os on Banaqaq. The Henethists have very few worshippers on Banaqaq, but many on colonies.Henethists are a lot more adaptive to change, and the various colonies bring wealth from trade. Orthodox Dhulam is also seen, by some, to be not Orthodox enough, as it has changed Doctrine in order to allow Auyuelcliad trade. Auyuelcliads who think these have set up evangestical commnues with strict Dhulami rules. Orthodox Dhulami is slowly dying out, while Henethist is expanding hugely, by allowing Non-Auyuelcliads into its church, This is regarded as Heresy by the xenophobic Orthodox Church.
In a way, The Henethists are embracing the new world, the Orthodox are so-so and the Evangelists are actively seeking the end of change.

Orthodox Dhulami Symbol:

Henethist Dhulami Symbol:

Evangestical Dhulami Symbol:

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2006, 01:10:10 pm »
Very nice backstory.  :) Can they breed with sapient species though? The law doesn't forbid it... :P(just kidding, i get what you mean)
The picture was cool to, the combination is pretty original. 8)

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2006, 01:15:34 am »
thanks.

I tried to devise that law with no loopholes lol, clever old me!

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2006, 09:22:01 am »
Some pictures, by me:

Auyuecliad Solider's Kit:

Evangelist Monestary:

Henethist Temple:

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2006, 11:22:29 am »
The Auyuelcliads are now members of O.T.H.E.R.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2006, 12:56:39 am by Balthamael »