Author Topic: Field Commander!  (Read 5986 times)

Offline Cool AN

• Mansion Maniac
  • Life is worth much more than gold
    • View Profile
Re: Field Commander!
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2006, 01:06:56 pm »
That is a pretty big handicap in this context.

Quote from: /lurk
PALM: Oh face, come closer. I've needed your touch since I heard that fundamentalist Christians were being stupid again.
FACE: Not again! Quickly Palm, come to me!

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2006, 01:21:55 pm »

Can't be helped. They've given me so little reason to own one up until recently, and I'm still so addicted to my DS I don't think it'd warrant purchasing a PSP just for the one or two truly great games on the thing. I've played some of the games with friend's PSPs, but I haven't been overly impressed yet. Maybe this will do it.

Offline crippits

• Donkey Kong King
  • Insert Llama noise here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2006, 01:22:22 pm »
i remember having to wait for five other people to make their turns in Risk. Maybe while you wait you could have some mario partyesque type mini-games. Obviously not with mario characters.

Bow before the Llamas! They demand your respect!

Offline Cool AN

• Mansion Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2006, 01:28:35 pm »

Can't be helped. They've given me so little reason to own one up until recently, and I'm still so addicted to my DS I don't think it'd warrant purchasing a PSP just for the one or two truly great games on the thing. I've played some of the games with friend's PSPs, but I haven't been overly impressed yet. Maybe this will do it.

Maybe

i remember having to wait for five other people to make their turns in Risk. Maybe while you wait you could have some mario partyesque type mini-games. Obviously not with mario characters.

You know I have thought about that to. The only problem is it might distract the people playing. Since turn based games are like chess (especially when you have two player matches), in that you have to monitor the openest moves and plan your strategy. People might also begin rushing their turns just to get back to the minigame. So there are a lot of factors to consider.

PALM: Oh face, come closer. I've needed your touch since I heard that fundamentalist Christians were being stupid again.

Offline Fink

• Elevator Action Operator
  • I have more stars than you
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2006, 01:38:46 pm »

Maybe

You know I have thought about that to. The only problem is it might distract the people playing. Since turn based games are like chess (especially when you have two player matches), in that you have to monitor the openest moves and plan your strategy. People might also begin rushing their turns just to get back to the minigame. So there are a lot of factors to consider.

They might have a time limit option like Civ has

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2006, 01:39:56 pm »
Perhaps the minigame that keeps the people waiting busy could be Lumines. That game was good. So there's at least one really good game on the thing. ;)

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • We're going to hit the mountain!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2006, 05:44:30 pm »
Don't have a PSP.

OMGz U DOnt hav a PSP U need iT U ShouLD sEE da graPHiX teY R So Gud BeTTer dan KidDY NintENDo dS LOLZ!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111

Offline Cool AN

• Mansion Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2006, 04:36:45 am »
LOlZ!11!

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2006, 05:59:33 am »
Yes ... well ... I would speak in leet, but I've found that a decade of putting up with it makes you wish it weren't there. And no, ladies and gents, I don't own a PSP. I'm afraid I'd purchase it, play it for a day or two, and then simply head back to my DS -- at which time, the PSP would do nothing but collect dust and turn into a significant waste of money.

Offline uber fragger

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2006, 05:46:02 pm »
It looks pretty intresting, I'm kinda bummed about it being only 2 players multiplayer though.  I'll wait for more reviews to pick it up ;)

Offline h20

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2006, 04:16:02 pm »
It looks pretty intresting, I'm kinda bummed about it being only 2 players multiplayer though.  I'll wait for more reviews to pick it up ;)

Im not, waiting for 3 other players to move in Advance wars is painfull.

Anyways, defintely looking foward to this one, gonna pick it up one release date (Like 5/23 i believe)