Author Topic: More then one specie becoming intelligent on the same world  (Read 6877 times)

Offline kolpo

• Lunar Lander Leader
    • View Profile
More then one specie becoming intelligent on the same world
« on: April 13, 2006, 02:26:18 am »
On earth have for some time more then 1 intelligent specie existed. Thought they where both very similar. But on other worlds could intelligent live of very different types evolve at the same time. Like one aquatic specie who can only survive in the deep oceans and one land specie. Only after the land specie develops submarines or the sea specie developers "land ships" can they meet with each other. You could think you have conquered the entire world when your submarine suddenly finds a very advanced underwater empire.

Or you could suddenly realize that you are sharing your world with carebears or some of this forum it's creations.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2006, 03:35:21 pm by kolpo »

Offline Semi-Auto Badger

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
Re: Multiply species becoming intelligent on the same world
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2006, 02:55:20 am »
Sorry to shoot down your idea but this has been confirmed to be impossible :-\

Says it all really....

Better than pancakes

Offline mrodgers

• Choplifter Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2006, 06:43:12 am »

In the initial Spore release anyways.  On Earth yes it happened and depending on how you mean intellegent it still exists (i.e. Dolphins, Humans, Primates, etc.)
Check out my (Thurlin's) creatures, building, and vehicles.  You won't be disappointed.

http://www.spore.com/flash/csa_widget.swf?userid=2263477425&username=Thurlin&host=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spore.com%2Fview%2Fuser-thumbnail

Offline slugfly

• Time Pilot Trekker
    • View Profile
    • SporeFanatic
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2006, 07:12:39 am »

aha... sorry to shoot down your shoot down but this is entirely possible and almost guaranteed to arise.  What is impossible is another intelligent species developing on your home planet at the same time as you are.  But if you go to your home planet with your land animals and then interfere with an aquatic species and bring them to intelligence (but without giving them 'land ships') then you'll have two intelligent species in two biomes on a single planet.  Then as someone else happens to download this planet in their explorations, they'll see the land animals, maybe wipe them out and take the planet and then without them ever being aware, there's a another creature living under the sea that could possibly muster an invasion and take the intruders totally off guard.  :D

Offline DemonScythe

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2006, 08:37:04 am »

In the initial Spore release anyways.  On Earth yes it happened and depending on how you mean intellegent it still exists (i.e. Dolphins, Humans, Primates, etc.)
Humans ARE primeates.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2006, 09:14:34 am »

I wouldn't say that dolphins are on the same par as us. We've achieved stuff. New York, wars, and so on. All they've done is muck around in the water having a good time.

Offline patsplats

• Zork Emperor
  • bwahahaha e=fish bwahahah
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2006, 09:26:35 am »
did you read the interview will said on the game when you reach tribal you are the sentiant species of that planet  ::)  :P
Code:

Offline Cytra

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Spore Revolution
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2006, 09:29:05 am »
Ahhh how I wish I were a dolphin.. hehe

In the GDC 2005 video we see the big spider chasing the Willosaur... I suppose this could be considered another form of intelligent life.  The world evolved around you and you are never at the top of the food chain...  but in the end you are still the dominant specie. Neat idea but this isn't StarCraft...

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2006, 09:29:18 am »
Did you read the interview? Will said that in the game, when you reach the tribal stage, you will be the only sapient species on that planet.

Fixed. Notice how much better it looks?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 09:40:20 am by Daxx »

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2006, 09:36:54 am »

I wouldn't say that dolphins are on the same par as us. We've achieved stuff. New York, wars, and so on. All they've done is muck around in the water having a good time.

Dolphins think they're ahead of us for precisely the same reason.
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Samog

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • objectivists are dumb
    • View Profile
    • -
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2006, 11:03:27 am »
hgtg lawl
aha... sorry to shoot down your shoot down but this is entirely possible and almost guaranteed to arise.  What is impossible is another intelligent species developing on your home planet at the same time as you are.  But if you go to your home planet with your land animals and then interfere with an aquatic species and bring them to intelligence (but without giving them 'land ships') then you'll have two intelligent species in two biomes on a single planet.  Then as someone else happens to download this planet in their explorations, they'll see the land animals, maybe wipe them out and take the planet and then without them ever being aware, there's a another creature living under the sea that could possibly muster an invasion and take the intruders totally off guard.  :D
Sorry to shoot down your tangent, but it's a tangent.
"Fine. Don't believe me. I'm not lying. all your laziness which you mistake for something funney is driving me insane, quit fooling around!  dude this is just wrong, very wrong. reality does not consist of constrained language. go lock this thread malt. I love the payment."4MOD

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2006, 02:23:49 pm »
Why does everyone love dolphins so much? It's just a new age myth they're so damn smart. Crows are more intelligent, and octupi.

Offline ProfPendragon

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • Enigma University Life Sciences Experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2006, 02:29:53 pm »
Why does everyone love dolphins so much? It's just a new age myth they're so damn smart. Crows are more intelligent, and octupi.

Dolphins are the only other known race besides humans to have sex for pleasure. 

... whether this makes them more or less intelligent is up for debate, I suppose.
Spore ID: ProfPendragon

Offline Aybraus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • aka VFX Watch aka Toothy aka Chris.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2006, 03:02:55 pm »
On earth have for some time more then 1 intelligent specie existed.
Well kind of...  Neanderthals were essentially the same species as human except for a few cosmetic things.  Most people think that they acually interbred with early man.
I'm toothy22 on Steam. Someone needs to invite me into the GS clan!

Offline Tantalus

• Bezerk Brawler
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2006, 03:07:24 pm »
It was more than cosmetic things, but it wasn't exactly huge structural differences either.