Author Topic: The Xometrian empire including experiments  (Read 10803 times)

Offline chaosandwalls

• Phoenix Fighter
  • Opening a new can of spam
    • View Profile
The Xometrian empire including experiments
« on: April 13, 2006, 01:04:51 am »
My creature is called a Xometrian (Zo-met-re-an)

EXTRACT FROM XOMETRIA ARCHIVES (Translated)(Written when Xometrians control the entire galaxy)
Xomtrians, according to our scientists, first appeared in the ocean as a long fliperless fish similar to an earth's eel. Archeology remains show that Xometrians first slithered onto land three and a half million years ago. They resembled snakes, but quickly grew legs, giving greater agility. Due to lots of of archaeological evidence, we know a lot about Xometrians from this time period. Their strongest sense, as it still is now, is hearing. The hearing organ on the back first evolved about 3300000 years ago and is still a dominant feature. Ancient Xometrians had antennae, having adhesive pads on the end. Biologists think that the antennae produced a fluid similar to quick dry  glue. The antennae were place on prey and held it in place while two mandibles used a nerve poison to kill prey.

Eventually the adhesive pads evolved into grasping devices similar to hands.
CASTES
The xometrian civilization is split into 5 castes. These are the war caste, the religion caste, the engineering caste, the science caste and the political caste. These are arranged in order of how many Xometrians they have (Most Population>Smallest). Different castes are very separate, living in different districts of cities. It is illegal to speak with someone out of you caste without permmission of your caste leader. The caste leaders a democratically elected Representatives who meet in  a council.
Each caste has been separated so that they evolve slightly differently. The war caste are the only Xometrians who still posses the nerve poison. The science caste have slightly larger brains.

Xometrians communicate in a series of clicking sounds, which a human cannot produce.

Here is a picture. I am rubbish at drawing, i know, but this is only to give you an idea.

And a redo, made by DoggySpew

Xometrians are insectoid, and about the size of a lion. The picture shows an ancient Xometrian, still possesing adhesive pads.

The Xometrian planet, Xometria, Is densly forested apart from a large desert on th equator. Most of the southern hemisphere is covered in ocean. It has one highly volcanic moon, which is a central part in Xometrian religon.

If anyone wants to do a good picture than go ahead
Please comment on my creature
« Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 05:50:03 am by chaosandwalls »

There are 10 types of people in the world.

Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Offline Kyyp

• Rigel Rescuer
  • Multipass!
    • View Profile
Re: Xometrian- My first real creature
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2006, 10:36:14 am »
You really need to change your signature.
That picture is WAY too big.

Offline chaosandwalls

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2006, 10:38:18 am »
Fixed that now

Offline chaosandwalls

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2006, 03:07:45 am »
The Xometrian Language

Ok. The first part of that is pretty self explanitory.
The Xometrians speech largly consists of clicks, so the sounds T and C/K appear often.
Sounds that do not exist in Xometrian language: O,H,J
The sound SH represent god in Xometrian religon so his name begins with it. The letter S represents the devil and is considered much worse than swearing. The minimum charge for mentioning the letter S is 400 Xometrian years in prison. A Xometrian year is 72 shorter than an earth year.
COMING SOON.... Xometrian Solar system and more on religon
« Last Edit: June 04, 2006, 07:51:47 am by chaosandwalls »

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
  • Spore account name: RubyClaw, search me out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2006, 05:13:18 am »
Good job!  :).

It reminds me I should start working on my own language.

Keep up the good work!  ;)

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2006, 02:00:46 am »
Cool original creature, ncie language.

You write there were 4 castes and named 5.........Edit needed.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline chaosandwalls

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2006, 04:20:43 am »
New inforeleased from Xometria High Command.
There is another Caste. The fomakla roughly translated means Special Ops Caste. These are elite Xometrians, designed for spying, assasination and general cool stuff. As with all Xometrian castes, they have been specially bred to suit their task. The can change skin colour like a chameleon and are extremely fast. They have highly evolved sight and hearing.

3D Xometrian picture(That's not the actual colour, i haven't decided yet, Its just hard to see otherwise.)

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2006, 04:25:49 am »
Doesn't it walk in that program too?(It's the BBC zoo-something isn't it?)

Offline chaosandwalls

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2006, 04:26:43 am »
yeah, i haven't got any better 3d thing though

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2006, 02:09:21 pm »
Doesn't it walk in that program too?(It's the BBC zoo-something isn't it?)

Bamzooki

Offline chaosandwalls

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
Re: The insectiod Xometrians
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2006, 01:38:42 pm »

Sorry for the bad picture, but i am really bad at drawing

This is the oldest building on xometria, and it is believed to be a temple the the great god of Xometria, judging by the symbols. It is also believed to be a sacrificial temple, as analysis has revealed trace amounts of blood of various wild animals and Xometrians on the altar. It is constructed from a kind of rock found in Xometria. The blue/green sections are a kind of metal wich is almost indestructable to physical force, but melts at only 85 Degrees Celsius. There are plant growing is actually carnivirous, eating animlas including Xometrians. It has grown to such a size inside that you cannot reach the upper level. The plant cannot be removed or killed as it is pretty much holding the building together, so the Xometrians use small air craft to reach the upper levels

Studies of writings on the wall show that the plant was there originally and that it was the method of sacrifice

Some info on Xometrian life
Xometrians cannot die of old age, as their cells will never stop multiplying, so they will live forever until something kills them. (By the way, this actually exists in some species of crocodile) However, there is a common diesease among Xometrians which usually infects Xometrians at the age of about 50 earth years, or 3600 Xometrian years (Their planet is very close to a cold sun and orbits extremely fast) Xometrians become mature at about 45 earth years. In tribal times, When a female lays her eggs (up to 140 eggs) both she and the male will stay with them. When 5 have hatched, the father will crush the others into a pulp, and the mother will pick out the strongest and it will be fed the pulp. The young which have been fed the pulp will grow stronger and be generally better developed. The other young will not be as strong, and will have a harder life. Of course, in more civilised times, all the eggs are allowed to hatch and are fed an artificially constructed "Pulp" evenly. This has created problems of overcrowding, but established a better Xometrian race
« Last Edit: June 04, 2006, 07:48:53 am by chaosandwalls »

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
Re: The insectiod Xometrians
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2006, 11:44:38 pm »
A temple with a giant plant that eats people? Awesome.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline chaosandwalls

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
Re: The insectiod Xometrians and their experiments
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2006, 12:14:23 pm »
This is a Xometrian gentic creation, simply named 001

This creature is unable to move by itself. It can only eat artificially synthesised proteins. It is not carbon based or silicon based. An examination of its body reveals no signs of life. The creature does "breathe" however they do tis without organs by absorbing various gases such in a superheated enviroment such as argon, arsenic, chlorine, and hydrogen. The " food it is given is absorbed in a similar way. If it was not for the Xometrians taking care of this creature, thay , would stand no chance of surviving. They reproduce by mitosis. They communicate by such low pitched and quiet  sounds thay are almost sraight represented as a wave. The Xometrians have built a translator matrix for this language.

What they lose in physical capabilites, they more than make up for in mental ability. They are able to work out almost any problem  they are confronted with and could easily take over the Xometrians themselves of head of research in the O.T.H.E.R alliance. The xometrians have constructed a microchip, which allows these creatures to dirctly control technology with their minds, such as the antigrav platforms they use to move. They have become masters of advanced physics. The Xometrians have constructed them a facility which could be called a factory. Some 001 work there, using their mental abilities to control robotic constuction workers and crete very advanced prototypes
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 12:22:18 pm by chaosandwalls »

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2006, 12:22:52 pm »
//My gods! Its so simple! I want one... right now.//
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Detoxicated

• Pack M.U.L.E.
  • Spirit of Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2006, 01:27:34 pm »
The Zrithig is willing to buy one for a great price. If you would allow us one sample of this being we would pay you immensly. Just tell us what u want and we will bring it to you, oh Xometrian geniouses.
OK, both of you die and let us know what happens.