Author Topic: Think Anemones are in the civilization stage?  (Read 7596 times)

Offline Brutus

• Ice Climber
    • View Profile
Re: Think Anemones are in the civilization stage?
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2006, 12:29:17 am »
if you chopped a star fish in have would and left them for a while would you have 2 star fish, or a star fish and half a dead star fish?
Never mind your own business.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2006, 12:42:20 am »
true

damn i wish there was a quick reply to this forum.....

There is - you have to turn it on.

Offline raikitsune

• Intellivision Junkie
  • Ogbogistahni
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2006, 02:13:46 am »
lol holy **** good post! i've seen jellyfish fight in battles before but not Anemones
(the jellyfish kinda floated into eachother as 2 big groups and a horrific ammount of jellyfish were soon floating on the surfact not moving lol)

Offline Calqhoon

• Qix Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2006, 03:01:55 am »
Great stuff.

I doubt it will be possible to make a brainless creature in Spore, as the player would have no control over any of it's actions, just as the real-life creature doesn't. I seem to recall hearing in GS's WW interview that you can't make a invertebrates either. I mean, sure, you can make it look like a beetle/crab/squid, but it has to have at least one vertebra to base the body around. I don't know how/whether having a creature with one vertebra will effect gameplay though.

Offline mrodgers

• Choplifter Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2006, 07:16:53 am »
Great stuff.

I don't know how/whether having a creature with one vertebra will effect gameplay though.

It will be fun to see though.
Check out my (Thurlin's) creatures, building, and vehicles.  You won't be disappointed.

http://www.spore.com/flash/csa_widget.swf?userid=2263477425&username=Thurlin&host=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spore.com%2Fview%2Fuser-thumbnail

Offline Serdun

• Revenging Yar
  • Sup.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2006, 01:15:18 pm »
How about creatures with a universal brain, like the Buggers in Ender's Game or the Borg? Not quite sure how it would work though.
Yes. Of course.

Offline aname

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • The name's Mario, Mario Mario.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2006, 04:35:44 pm »
enders game rocked. i would make a huge insect army with tentecles and and a spiky exo that were sorta like anemones
Back in black, with a gray dry brush and a red stiple effect.

Offline Fobok

• Fishing Derby Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2006, 07:22:07 pm »
How about creatures with a universal brain, like the Buggers in Ender's Game or the Borg? Not quite sure how it would work though.

By 'universal brain', I assume you mean more like the borg, where they all share in a collective hive mind. (While they do have a 'queen', her presence seems to be just part of the system, since she can be killed and she's just replaced.) The Buggers in Ender's Game were different. The drones were just that, drones, no minds at all. The Hive Queen controlled them all like one big RTS game with a total lack of AI. There were multiple Hive Queens that were allied, but each (while able to communicate telepathically with each other) were independant, though they worked together for common goals. When then Queens, who had retreated to their homeworld for protection in the face of the invasion (except one, as you see in the final chapters) die, all the drones simply stand around doing nothing until they starve to death.