Author Topic: Expansion packs  (Read 38254 times)

Offline starshard0

• Mystery House Madman
  • I'm waiting for Spore to come out, don't bug me.
    • View Profile
    • Starshard0's Super Blog
Expansion packs
« on: April 11, 2006, 09:44:05 am »
Well, this has been discussed in many topics, so I thought I'd just make a central one that everyone could post their ideas in. These are'nt suggestions for the main game, because there's already a topic for that, it's just a topic to discuss what you'd like to see in various expansions. Meaning stuff you don't have to buy, but that's available.

Here's what I'd like to see:

Spore: Politics - in this expansion, the politics, religion, and scientific aspects of the civilization mode are expanded to encompass more political strategy, rather than just sending out vehicles.

Spore: Superstructures - this expansion allows for things like Dyson's spheres, space stations, off-world mining facilities, and the like.

Well, that's all I got, anyone else?

Bored? On the internet? Probably not, but if so, check out my blog.

Offline Charles Darwin

• Microvision Master
    • View Profile
Re: Expansion Packs You'd Like to See
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 10:25:07 am »
Once I have the game in hand I'll have a much better idea about expansion pack ideas. ;)
Although I'm hoping your "structure" ideas or some of them will be included in the original.

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006, 10:46:15 am »
I just know someone will post a "Use the search button" post. (And if you had done that they would complain over the necro-bumbing)

Offline $kelet0r

• Microvision Master
  • www.spore-game.net
    • View Profile
    • Spore-Game.net
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2006, 10:50:29 am »
i'll be buying the core game only - nothing else (assuming that the game doesnt disappoint after all this)
if any game is good enough, then it doesnt need constant updates

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2006, 10:55:50 am »
As long as they're free I'll download everything.  :)

gec05

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2006, 11:14:03 am »
Spore Wars: A multiplayer expansion pack. Once players gain access to a UFO, they can travel to a wormhole to a second galaxy where each star is a server with battles in progress or in briefing. Players can create games as well and customize battle situations and missions like capture resources, races, or domination. Players can choose to battle in multiple fields from a microscopic drop of water, on a planet, or the entire solar system they play on. Gameplay will be a very simple form of strategy games, which will make it easy to jump in and play. When you create a game, players join in a briefing screen. Here, you can make alliances, game changes or chat with others. When enough come in, you can start the game so everyone begins evenly and closes it so no one else enters without a fair chance to start. Players are given a base and are given basic resources automatically (i.e.: soldiers, vehicles, weapons) The can choose to upgrade them for an upper hand but are usually not needed to play right away. Whether you win or loose, battle outcomes will in no way affect your home galaxy at all nor will it decrease your level of progress with your creatures. It will however give you a boost of money, resources, etc. Just like Sim City 4 Rush Hour Missions, it's just extra credit. If players don't have access to a UFO with their creatures, they can choose to free-play from the main menu and use pre-set creatures, but they will not gain rewards.

Offline Cytra

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Spore Revolution
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2006, 11:30:58 am »
I would really like to see this game go online as well, but it would require more than just an expansion pack to do that.  It would probably have to be a whole new game.  Kind of how Maxis had to make a whole new game for The Sims Online.  I do hope that we will have a multiplayer mode where we can battle against another race but that it such a complex idea that it would take years to develop.  Just like how StarCraft and WarCraft were stand-alone game applications. 

Considering that fact that this game is a revolutionary game, perhaps they will take the time and effort to work on developing a War of the Spores MMO, which would be nothing less than a couple years. Perhaps they are already working on it now? 

Other than that, I think we really should wait to see the game itself to think of good expansion pack ideas.  Will Wright has wowed us time and again with his brilliant ideas and innovative software.  His new versions are always more impressive than the last, such as the difference between SimCity and SimCity 4.  Can you imagine what Spore 2 would be like?

Offline Samog

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • objectivists are dumb
    • View Profile
    • -
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2006, 11:33:28 am »
Nobody has ever released content over the Internet.

Why, if Maxis were to provide new features via patches, they would leave companies like Valve, S2 Games, and, uh, Maxis in the dust!

SARCASM[/color][/size]
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 06:09:14 pm by Samog »
"Fine. Don't believe me. I'm not lying. all your laziness which you mistake for something funney is driving me insane, quit fooling around!  dude this is just wrong, very wrong. reality does not consist of constrained language. go lock this thread malt. I love the payment."4MOD

Offline Cytra

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Spore Revolution
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2006, 11:43:00 am »
No game has released content, but virtual worlds are already doing it.

Check out There!

Offline mrodgers

• Choplifter Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2006, 11:47:52 am »
No game has released content, but virtual worlds are already doing it.

Check out There!

Lots of games have released content.  How are you defining content exactly?  I think we are defining it as patches, expansions, items, etc.  For example it would be the ability to download buildings from the Sims online/Sims2.
Check out my (Thurlin's) creatures, building, and vehicles.  You won't be disappointed.

http://www.spore.com/flash/csa_widget.swf?userid=2263477425&username=Thurlin&host=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spore.com%2Fview%2Fuser-thumbnail

Offline SmileyMan

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2006, 03:34:09 pm »
Spore Galactic War: If not included in the first verison of Spore released, then they should create an expansion that enables you to create space fleets.

Offline quizzle

• Lunar Lander Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2006, 04:40:41 pm »
I just hope its moddable enough that we can make our own.  Thats whats really fun, and much more in the spirit that is Spore.

Offline vonboy

• Centipede Crackerjack
  • the tiniest evil thing known to man and willosaurs
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2006, 05:08:30 pm »
all i can think off is an expansion with lots of crazy stuff in it. like for animals, the ability to collect gas and float, breath fire, electrify stuff, ect. for the space stuff. the ability to do wierd stuff like put a wormhole or black hole in the center of a planet, make planets big enough that they turn into starts, and make a reletivly tiny star, and make it orbit a giant planet(if that's possible in real life).

i like the idea for the online mmo one ;D.
Quote from: ilikedirt
your spores are wack

Fatal Error: You're creature is crap. You're computer will now explode.

check out my sporepedia page!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/vonboy

Offline JakeCourtney

• Vanguard Venturer
  • The Godfather
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2006, 06:24:46 pm »
First off, I don't think Spore will ever go multi-player.  Will learned this by making The Sims online.  A rather large flop and a waste of money.  I think as long as the expansion pack included more creature objects (heads, feet, mouths, etc.) it will be worth it. 

Offline slugfly

• Time Pilot Trekker
    • View Profile
    • SporeFanatic
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2006, 09:35:09 pm »
Spore evolved!-

An expansion that amplifies the evo stage (since we have ideas here for expansions that amplify the space stage and the civ stage).  This would include a more indepth AI, partially resulting from editing choices and partially procedural.  Some of the factors involved in the Spore Evolved expansion would include:

-territoriality (and applicable territory patrol habits, marking habits, territory defense, territory submission, zones in which the creatures 'feels safe')
-family type (solitary, matriarch, patriarch, alpha pair, herd, tribe, etc.)
-aggression, neutrality, fear (an instinctive reaction to other creatures to either attack, ignore or run away)
-base memory (best food sources, worst beatings, easiest kills, locations of each, location with least disturbances, etc.  top 10 of each category with each new entry bumping to the top creating a short term and long term memory)
-offspring counter (less offspring = stronger offspring, more offspring = weaker offspring)
-communication (shout commands for attack, hunt, run, mate, food, intimidate, submit, etc.)
-hunting type (solo, pack chase, pack lunge, pack ambush)

There are about a dozen more behavioral traits I could add, but I don't have my notes with me and I'd be reluctant to spill it all out anyway.  These I think are the best and most easily visible within the game.