Author Topic: The Urshans  (Read 84167 times)

werechicken

Re: New Creature - The Urshans
« Reply #90 on: June 16, 2006, 03:55:24 am »
Nice pic. werechicken is realy good!  ;D
Thx and I'll get your finished tonight or tomorrow, I've just found out my friend has Zbrush on her computer, so I've been playing, also I'd like to point out that the picture above is actually unfinished, I need to add more vegetation and maybe alter the atmosphere settings a bit.

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 16, 2006, 05:40:43 pm »
love the robot
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
  • Spore account name: RubyClaw, search me out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 17, 2006, 03:56:14 am »
Thanks. The scanning went a little bad and as you can see it is not perfect in that sense but it is still pretty good.

And for those who complained about the IFAM being too humanoid I think the IBAM is much better in that way.

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 20, 2006, 09:57:08 am »
Just got myself up to date with the Urshans-
AWESOME robots BioCat!
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 09, 2006, 04:56:39 pm »
woo-hoo! goooo urshans ;D

"You hate people!"
~Clerks
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 09, 2006, 11:59:05 pm »
Nice fanart Opera, it really matches BioCat's drawings.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Offline shadowlord18

• Super Mario Bro.
  • *hug* here you go be well my friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 10, 2006, 12:45:58 am »
very cool
Life is not measured by the amount of times you fall down but by the number of times you get back up again.

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 16, 2006, 11:14:52 am »
Hi sorry I wasn't here for a while, but wait why can't I see it?  :(

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 16, 2006, 11:45:11 am »
 ???  i can see it
"You hate people!"
~Clerks
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 16, 2006, 11:56:11 am »
Hehe  :), I can see it now.
Funny propotions and the hand grasp is a little incorrect but generally very cool :).

I love the hair  :D

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 17, 2006, 09:20:41 am »
Well I guess it’s about time for an Urshan update (considering the last one was a few months ago J …)
By the way although I tried reading and understanding all those recent wars and events I missed if something I wrote here is doesn't make sense according to those events please tell me and I will correct myself.

No Pictures I fear  :D

"The Missing Urshan History":
Much has changed since the days of the great Urshan Empire. The once proud empire that supported multi-racial agreements and was known for its efficiency and lack of bureaucracy has sunk after the days of the Necro war. New emperors rose and promised a renewed empire but all have failed. After a few hundred years the Urshans barely maintained their connection to the other races, mainly by the weak O.T.H.E.R alliance, a shadow of its former glory. The real disaster came 650 years later when finally after years of struggle a once rebel colony from the Halcyon ages became a superpower and went to war against the empire. After 75 years of the horrible war called “The Shaded War” 55% of the Urshan population was killed and 10% of the planets were destroyed completely. After hundred of thousands of years of complete rule over the Urshan race the empire became a secondary faction, after a cease-fire was declared. Instead the main faction became the “Labor Urshan”.

The Labor Urshan:
This organization ruled 65% of the Urshan planets and had a great military advantage over the empire. Unlike the empire that maintained their culture, religion and political structure the Labor Urshans worked in other ways. They neglected “The Rise” for a new religion called “Future Balance” based on the old balancers religion with a touch of “Supreme religion”. Leadership was not passed hereditary as before. Instead every time the last dictator died the 10 most influential generals gathered an equal amount of armies and battled for 20 days until the all the others were vanquished and the winner would became ruler.

The only thing they did kept was the organized system of the empire. They even made it more efficient by adding the concept of slaves and nobles. Also robotic organs became common and all workers were forced to become half machines half organisms.

The Labor Urshans disconnected themselves almost completely from all other races.

The Modern Empire:
After the Shaded war the empire was crushed. No one believed the empire could really lose and this historical shock damaged its reputation greatly. The empire still kept all of its ancient customs unlike the Labor. In the first 250 years the empire was in very a bad shape and all were certain that the Labor would finish the job they started in the last war and gain full control over the Urshan war. Until a great emperor called “Chen Nihon” was crowned. After his father, a sickly man, died in the young age of 62 his son; only 31 years old became the emperor. This new emperor promoted disconnecting completely from the Labor, a brave but dangerous move. In the first 10 years the empire almost collapsed economically but with the help of galactic trade the empire regained its former power. The Empire colonized hundreds of near empty star systems and even found an intelligent race called “The Thoons” and allied with them until after a some time all Thoons became citizens in the empire (More about the Thoons later). Although the tension between the Empire and the Labor rose both feared another war might destroy the sacred balance and for a long time there was no hostility what so ever. Before his death Chen moved his personality and information into a computer that still exists today, helping modern emperors.

Now days the ratio is 92% of the starts are imperial, 7.7% are Labor ruled and the rest are rebel colonies.

More information later  ;).

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 18, 2006, 08:02:49 am »
Very cool, if a little sad.

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 18, 2006, 12:54:17 pm »
Well not that sad :), its not that the empire has fallen or something.
It just had a very bad few hundreds of years and snapped out of it later.

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 25, 2006, 12:56:05 pm »
Like I promised, the Thoons.

The Story of the Thoons begin:
Originally from the forest planet of Cashood this race was almost extinct just before making it to the galactic phase. The story of the Thoons cannot be told without the Urshan point of view.

It was in the darkest days of the empire, just 220 years after the shaded war. All were certain that the empire and the long history of the imperial Urshans are doomed. A new emperor named Diru Nihon (The grandfather of the Chen Nihon the Resurrector) ruled the empire in the old age of 88. Knowing this might be his last years to help he decided to send 10 different exploring teams to search for planets with valuable materials or perhaps even precursor artifacts. He called the project: “Project Thoonar”, or in English, economical expanding project. One of those leaders was the famous precursors expert and the known priest of the rise “Shan Gua”. After 13 years of failure the old emperor died and was replaced by its young but hastey son. The new emperor canceled the project and ordered all ships to return. Shan Gua couldn’t face the shame and decided to disobey the order and not to return until he will find something that was worth it. For 9 more years he scouted the near star systems he finally arrived into a far away small system with a unique planet. At first he thought that it might have been the home of an ancient race but when he circled it he realazed it was colonized by an unknown race. He immediately started taking creatures, items and anything he could find back to its ship for analyze. Then he headed back home looking forward to show all the wonderful things he found. Unfortunately the emperor at that time wasn’t as interested in other races as he was. He had enough problems to deal back home (His growing sickness, The Labors and so on). Shan was sent for a working camp for all of its life and the things he brought home were given to the Niho Xenobiology museum. One of those things was a young Thoon named “Gadiro”. Back home Gadiro was a journalist who worked for one of the great corporations. At first the scientists were ready to dissect him and learn more about its inner structure but even in those times of sorrow there is always a ray of light. A female Urshan xeno-biologist named “Liana Janlo” who was the head of the science team decided that they must first converse with him and try to learn more about them before going straight to the operations room.

To be continued: The meeting between the races, The Thoons in general. (Including pictures)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 01:15:08 pm by BioCat »

Offline Daan

• Lode Runner
  • Cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 30, 2006, 03:02:35 am »
The story of the empires is great, if a little sad for the Urshans. As for the Thoons, very interesting, tell us more!