Author Topic: The Urshans  (Read 83525 times)

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
  • Spore account name: RubyClaw, search me out.
    • View Profile
Re: New Creature - The Urshans
« Reply #75 on: May 25, 2006, 10:30:42 am »
Wow, that is an original thought :).

Well in the tribal times I guess no, because then they were mainly focused on harming others and figthing for survival.

And in the modern times... Well the religion almost disappeared but I guess a few still believe in it and probably some of them might deal damage to themselves for the general good. I should really write about that.

Cool idea anyway

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 27, 2006, 05:25:39 am »
Hi everybody. As you can see I didn't post something in a while mainly because of my exams. But I did my best and in the time I had, I drew another picture and wrote some more information. Also painted a few of the all ones.

I give you:

The Occupation System over the history:

Before the Empire:
Before the empire was established the Urshans lived in tribal communities. In those communities both the role of the shaman and the role of the chief were passed in heritage or were given to the strongest. Education in this age was only given to young shamans or chieftains by the elder ex-shaman of the tribe. Other occupations like hunters or primitive farmers were also passed in heritage.

Early Days of the Empire:
When the empire was established much has changed. From now on the roll of the emperor was always given in heritage but he was also trained and educated before. Each emperor learned for his first 20 years how to rule, how fight, the history of the Urshans, and the ways of the Rise.
The new empire developed a new need to control the amount of Urshans working on each field. The forth emperor "Inu Yagamoth the Wise" was the first to invent a solution to this problem. He decided that each Urshan at the age of 14 would go meet a "Word Bringer", a messenger of the empire. Such word bringers could be found in every major town. All those word bringers would be given specific orders about how many farmers, workers, artisans and other professions are needed in this town and would give such titles randomly to each young Urshan. Then according to its profession the young Urshan would go to a "training school" where he would learn the basics of his profession. Such trainings would take from 6 month (messengers, workers and etc) to 6 years (Judges, Priests, Counselors and etc…). The Urshan can appeal on the profession he or she was given by paying a small amount of money to the empire and go throw short general tests that would decide your occupation (was quite rare, most Urshans believed in the system and didn't wish to bother the growing empire). Also a new role was invented, the "Education and Occupation Adviser".

First Discovery Age:
In the first age of discovery knowledge became very important. Emperor "Hayin Joota the Careful" decided to add 2 years of general study about the empire to all Urshans in the ages of 12-14. Also a new option was given to all Urshans in order to promote more scientists. All Urshan may appeal and wish to change their profession to scientist or artisan and if they pass a very demanding test they gain 8 years of study in the subject they choose.

The second Age of Discovery:
In this age education became very important. Instead of the old 2 years of general study the Urshans learned from the age of 8-16 general studies about the history, religion, and geography of their empire. Also the "Word Bringers" system improved greatly: From now on all Urshans were tested before given the profession (of course still considering the needs of the empire) and all the training time got much longer. From 3 years to 12 years.

The Early space days:
In this age was the greatest change in the occupation system ever. This system lasted until the modern space empire of the Urshan. After the computers were invented in 2200 AE there was a great change in the way information was dealt with. In 2450AE the empire started a new project called: "Cyber Word Bringers". The first cyber-bringer was built a few years after that and after a few more years all the word bringers were replaced in those highly advanced computers. Thanks to the new system there was no longer a need to define your profession only according to your location. The great net of computers communicated with itself and always knew what sort of occupation is most needed. Also the level of the test highly improved. The new tests took 10 days and included physical tests, mental tests, IQ tests and knowledge tests. From that day on all Urshans learned from the age of 10-20 general knowledge about: astronomy, physiques, science, politics, history, biology, geography, other races, Urshan relations with other races, and many other subjects. The occupation training also became much longer, from 6 years to 24 years. In the space age the Urshans are known for having an efficient occupation and unique education systems (And are the Education Advisers of the O.T.H.E.R).

(Early space age occupation system. The young Urshan is being tested both mentally and physically)

Sick of saying more to come :), so you'll see :P.

By the way comments and questions are more then welcome.

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 27, 2006, 06:49:57 am »
The new tests took 10 days and included physical tests, mental tests, IQ tests and knowledge tests. From that day on all Urshans learned from the age of 10-20 general knowledge about: astronomy, physiques, science, politics, history, biology, geography, other races, Urshan relations with other races, and many other subjects.

"Alright class settle down. Today's lesson: Things not to say to a Torpal..."
:D
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 11, 2006, 05:52:40 am »
Do you believe it?  Finally I finished most of my exams and have more time to post here. So at last I give you some new Urshan information and pictures:

(I suggest reading again what I wrote about agriculture before reading this post. It would help you understand some of the things here)

Modern Agriculture:
One of the main fields the Urshans excellent at is agriculture. As I written before all the Urshan civilization was and is based on farming. The empire was in fact a huge pack of farmers who gathered together under the rule of one. I didn’t mention though what makes the Urshans one of the best galactic farmers. Are they extremely fitted for such work? Do they work extremely fast? Well basically it's a matter of experience. The Urshan society since the dawn of time focused most of it's efforts on agriculture. But one might say: "So what if the Urshans were good farmers in the ancient times and have pretty good plants like the Nuka to work with. That doesn't mean they are good modern farmers". So in a way you are right. So I present to you the main work of the modern Urshan farmer, the history of modern farming and especially the history of robotic machines in the Urshan history.

Urshan Robotics

Around the year 2200 AD, a time of modern wars between great nations the computers were invented. First mainly use for calculation and ballistic until the Neo-Power nation quickly discovered their great potential and started working on automating work. But before they could ever finish it the great last war started in which Neo-Power fell into political and economical ruin. Because of the free trade approach of the Neo-Power very fast all robotics knowledge was sold by private researchers to the empire's scientists. Now that the empire had no real enemies they could use their resources and science mainly for peaceful matters. They choose of course the field of agriculture, the basic need of the huge empire. In a few years Farming Bots were build. These big machines replaced the work of the simple farmer and made farming a lot trickier job. At first the farmers protested against this reform but in a few years all the farmers learned the benefits of the new system. They no longer had to use simple none automated machines and had much more time on their hands. The modern farmers became mainly robot builders, fixers ad computer engineers learning to program their robots. The robots were build using the knowledge of the old farming ways. They had laser "Ribu" like harvesting tools, great sensors to gain a lot of input including height of crops, water levels, amount of products and so on. The new reform also made farming a more respectable job. Although even in the past farming was respected for the great contribution to the beloved empire now farmers were educated people with a lot of responsibility.

This great knowledge about machines was also used in the future in times of war against other races. The Urshans rarely send simple armed troops to the battles front and most of the times used automated robots to do their work. I would tell you in the future about the Urshan war robots as well.

Meet the: Imperial Farming Automated Machine #12 or IFAM12. This robot was built in 2264 so it is pretty ancient but most of the modern robots are based on it.
It uses its Chopper\Graspers to cut the Nuka seed sacks and put them into his metal can. This idea was generally taken from the ancient Ribu tool. The Urshans feel obligated to respect the robots because they represent the new technology and the Urshan's skill and therefore usually make them look like Urshans (in a general way).

Feel free to post, I would love to hear what you think, what you have to say, and generally hear form you after this long time. Also feel free to come with requests for new things you want to see.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #79 on: June 11, 2006, 07:44:12 am »
Very cool. Perhaps the Urshans and Nauceans could have a battle bot content with their robots. Course Nauceans are not to thrilled about robots after the whole uprising.

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 11, 2006, 08:00:21 am »
Sure, if it involves honor and loyalty the Urshans are in. I just need to paint those battle-bots first.

And yeah I know what you mean, The Nauceans don't want things to get out of hand again I guess :).

Offline FluffyJane

• Atari Combat Vet
  • Do you really think so?
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 12, 2006, 03:40:16 am »
Ooh, I like the stripes on that robot.

And those nice antennas. But I wonder, why does it look like a human in a way?

Would like to see some War robots as well, anyway keep them coming.
If its fluffy, I like it

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #82 on: June 12, 2006, 03:43:44 am »

For once, I agree with Jane. Why would the Urshan build humanoid robots? Seems a bit off.

Also, I think a battle bots competition would be extremely cool, where all the races can enter their bots.

Offline Netherflare

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • Peski's > You
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 12, 2006, 06:04:51 am »

For once, I agree with Jane. Why would the Urshan build humanoid robots? Seems a bit off.

Also, I think a battle bots competition would be extremely cool, where all the races can enter their bots.

now that would definently be cool!

and these Urshan creatures, very interesting. I was just reading them.
I Want Patience, and I Want It NOW!

Peskitoriantais - http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5046.0
Violandro - http://violandro.myminicity.com/

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 12, 2006, 06:12:17 am »
and these Urshan creatures, very interesting. I was just reading them.
Thanks everyone, happy to see you like it. You can check them up in sporewiki as well, I update there whenever I post.

But I wonder, why does it look like a human in a way?
Well they are not that much like humans, but yeah I guess I was effected by those science fiction robots. But still it has the Urshan stripes and funny haircut on it.

As I said to Hydro, as long it is an honorable fight for glory and sports (and not just aggressive and brutal, although these would add for sure :P) the Urshans would be happy to show their experience in this field.

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #85 on: June 12, 2006, 10:28:18 pm »
Nice bot! Seems a bit unbalanced to me though.  :P

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 13, 2006, 07:13:17 am »
Nice bot! Seems a bit unbalanced to me though. 

Only when its standing :)

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 15, 2006, 04:38:00 am »
Coming very soon, the war robots.

But for now I give your werechicken's beautiful work: A city on Niho in east Sian, view from the near sub-tropical forest:

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 15, 2006, 05:03:19 am »
Nice pic. werechicken is realy good!  ;D

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 16, 2006, 02:57:28 am »
Finally some Urshan weaponry. This time as I promised I give you the Urshan battle robot - The Urshan Justice Bringer.

Urshan War Robots
As I mentioned before the Urshans have a great amount of knowledge and experience in the field of robotics. But since the old IFAM 12 a lot has change. The new and powerful Urshan robots are agile, deadly and are no doubt better then the Urshan foot soldier.

The Urshan Justice-Bringer:

Full Name: the Imperial battle automated machine, or the IBAM 47.
Invented in: Current time, Galactic age.
Height: 3.5 meters
Energy Source: Anti-matter, Fusion.
General Structure: 4 Spider-Like legs, enable it to climb on walls, dodge and run in 60 Km per hour. One big Torso piece and a large head like piece, build in the general form of most aliens in order to move more easily in civilized areas. Made of strong but light metals.
Weaponry and Features: Two small Fusion cannons for long range. Two huge Metal blades for Melee battles and climbing. Spiked legs. Powerful Sensors. Addable piece: Two big Freezing canons of nitrogen on its shoulders for none deadly combat. Most important the known Urshan Clocking device is attached to it enabling it to disappear both from "biological eyes" and sensors.
More information: The Justice Bringer might not be the most powerful robot out there nor the fastest but it is sure fast, deadly and more then all: Has the best AI abilities due to the Urshans great experience. A true wonder of Urshan engineering.