Author Topic: Chryta - My New Creature  (Read 6078 times)

Offline Flow

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
Chryta - My New Creature
« on: April 10, 2006, 01:27:41 pm »
Chryta

Chryta are intelligent flying creatures with dark bluish cyan skin and scales. Their stomach has slightly lighter color than their back, and their eyes are green. The scales give protection against sharp rocks, and there are small horn like spikes on their head. The creatures have two hands and two legs with strong and sharp nails, and the wings are like a dragon's.  The wings are sufficiently large, but can be easily and quickly folded. The wings are attached below the back of the shoulders. These creatures are like mostly scale covered muscular aliens or predatos, and they look like crouching on four legs and ready to jump and kill. They kill by just biting like a tiger and they can crush bones with their bite. Because Chryta are able to run on four legs, they are fast on ground, too. Chryta can fly easily, and they like also to sneak silently in the darkness. They live high on the mountains, but they go regularly hunting jungle animals and ocean fish. This predator is a very good swimmer as it goes after the huge sea creatures that it eats.

Though this is mostly a beast like creature, it is intelligent and has a mostly good but hard nature. It likes to fly high to the mountains and observe the world and meditate, or it goes training its skills to some dangerous looking parts of the many cliffs where hot lava is flowing and steaming. Sometimes Chryta just walks with two legs and all the other animals come to talk with it, because they know that Chryta will be nice to them - for the moment.

Here is the home planet of my creatures. The planet has thick athmosphere of moisture, and there are jungles, black mountains and vulcanoes in the planet. There are also oceans filled with dark water.

Here is a Chryt beast on black rock mountains at sunset. There is deep water below between the mountains and the Chryt beast is jumping of a cliff.

Chryta are sentient (self-aware) like humans, but they have different kinds of life values than most humans do. Humans do like to have good time in their life and to gather their own stuff and belongings. Chryta are more ancient-wise-predator-creatures, that value meditating, training fighting skills, nature, monuments and stuff like that. They do not actually live in any homes at all but they have common buildings. They do not have their own properties, but they share everything in their society. So they do not have shops, for instance. If they need something, they go to the nearest warehouse and take what they need. This is possible, because they are naturally good to other Chryta, and they use only what they need. They take care of the stuff that they use and return it after using. Also, their training contains the value of surviving with the least equipment, because the better they are, the less equipment they need in a case of an emergency. And basically they are predators who sneak in the darkness. When they evolve later and when they become more like alien-humanoids, they will still preserve and foster their ancient values, because their values are born from their mind-set and dna.

Chryta had a 1 planet in the beginning tribe phase. Afterwards they spread out to hundreds of planets.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2006, 12:33:41 am by Flow »

Chryta

Offline noogle

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
Re: Chryta - My New Creature
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006, 01:37:28 pm »
here's another dragon ::)

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2006, 01:39:08 pm »
What's with the dragons already!! Fine dragons are cool! But think of somthing new people!!

« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 01:41:29 pm by Hydromancerx »

Offline noogle

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2006, 01:46:56 pm »
i was thinking more along the lines of this

Offline Flow

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2006, 11:35:29 am »
Thank you all for the links to the pictures.

What's with the dragons already!! Fine dragons are cool! But think of somthing new people!!

I just thought what kind of  a creature I want to create. It came out as such...

The first picture resembles more what I had in my mind. But I had in my mind more humanoid-alien monster than dragon looking. Then if I am going to draw the creature, it has to get some modifications. So the first picture has too big a horn, and the head should be a bit more aerodynamic. And no beard. The teeth should not be that much visible when the mouth is closed (like tiger do not have that much visible teeth). The tail is too huge, fourth of it might be enough. Then this creature needs hands, that can grab a spear, so the forepaws are a bit too bulky. Then not that big ears, or no ear-leafs at all. The muscles of the wing-arms should be more muscular. The wing-finger-tip finger-endings does not need to show up from the wings like that.
  Chryta

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2006, 11:50:35 am »
The first picture resembles more what I had in my mind. But I had in my mind more humanoid-alien monster than dragon looking. Then if I am going to draw the creature, it has to get some modifications. So the first picture has too big a horn, and the head should be a bit more aerodynamic. And no beard. The teeth should not be that much visible when the mouth is closed (like tiger do not have that much visible teeth). The tail is too huge, fourth of it might be enough. Then this creature needs hands, that can grab a spear, so the forepaws are a bit too bulky. Then not that big ears, or no ear-leafs at all. The muscles of the wing-arms should be more muscular. The wing-finger-tip finger-endings does not need to show up from the wings like that.

i think the point was, its been done before...more or less
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Flow

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2006, 12:36:30 pm »
i think the point was, its been done before...more or less

Sure it has been done before more or less. I am going to make it still, though. Anyways, it is certain, that it has wings, and it is a predator, and has 2 feet and 2 hands and can run on all fours too. It is a good swimmer and flyer, it is muscular, covered with scales mostly, and has alien-predator looking head with green eyes. And so on. It is evolving more towards omnivore alien-humanoid looks eventually, so it will be a alien-humanoid with wings that walks with 2 feet, in the end. Its goal is to have the ability to run on all fours as a alien-humanoid, too, as an option.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 10:25:07 pm by Flow »
  Chryta

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2006, 01:37:29 pm »
Thank you all for the links to the pictures.

I just thought what kind of  a creature I want to create. It came out as such...

ROFL That just made it worse .... I am guessing you have not read "Why Dragons and Humanoids are Lame" thread.

Why Dragons and Humanoids are Lame
http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=3318.0

Offline Mr. Wizard

• Karate Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2006, 10:46:19 am »

God dammit! Stop harrassing anyones creature that is remotely dragon/humanoid!

Fine we get it, hydro, you dont like dragon-people. Now STFU and let people make their creatures the way they want to without fear that the first couple posts are fundamentally saying "Your creature is not worthy"

Seriously, "Its been done before" posts are getting as prevalent as dragons.

Offline Xarionis

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2006, 07:15:37 pm »

God dammit! Stop harrassing anyones creature that is remotely dragon/humanoid!

Fine we get it, hydro, you dont like dragon-people. Now STFU and let people make their creatures the way they want to without fear that the first couple posts are fundamentally saying "Your creature is not worthy"

Seriously, "Its been done before" posts are getting as prevalent as dragons.
Thank you.

Offline Flow

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2006, 12:01:17 pm »
Thanks for comments. I added a picture of a Chryt beast to the description in the beginning of this thread.
  Chryta