Author Topic: new tool album!  (Read 4069 times)

c14dude

new tool album!
« on: April 08, 2006, 08:04:15 pm »
ohhh my god i cant wait, my fav band ever!

Offline Bonobo

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
Re: new tool album!
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2006, 02:37:38 am »
Annoying: It hasn't leaked yet. And it may not do so. The band is hand-delivering it to listening sessions.

http://toolshed.down.net/audio/20060315_jjj_reviews_10000_days.mp3

That doesn't work as a link. Copy and paste it into the address bar.

Offline Kirby

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2006, 07:25:28 pm »
I'm looking forward to it,  immensely so.  Pearl Jam has an album coming out on the 2nd,  and in June,  new Audioslave with supposed "R&B flavor".

c14dude

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2006, 12:04:44 am »
another Audioslave cd already jeeze there kicking ass

Offline Bonobo

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2006, 01:12:16 am »
The first single has leaked to the internet. It sounds waaay too much like Schism. It's a thumb in the eye to everyone who's ever argued with the popular internet meme "every Tool song sounds the same LORFL". Mind you, it's also really ****ing good.

c14dude

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2006, 02:20:34 am »
i have the entire cd (i dont feel bad cause i'm buying it when it comes out)
and its all classic tool, very good stuff here :)

Offline Bonobo

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2006, 04:05:57 am »
And now I have it too. I've never bought an album after downloading it, but I don't feel bad either. Alas.

Edit: Whoo, this sucks. Aimless noodling strung together with filler. This has maybe three real songs. If you told me that fans had cut this together from old bootlegs, only the production quality would convince me otherwise.

I still like Vicarious.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 04:15:36 am by Bonobo »

c14dude

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2006, 03:45:05 pm »
every tool cd as transition tracks or filler, this one has around 2 or 3 cant remember, but all the
other tracks are great imo. tool is an acquired taste.

Offline Bonobo

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2006, 07:53:30 pm »
"An acquired taste"? Hey, I'm OGT. Back from '92. From the first EP. This still sounds like they've rearranged their previous work and dubbed over some unused APC lyrics Maynard had lying around. Maybe it's the mythical "dummy album" fans were talking about?

Offline DevilMachine

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • Defender of the Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2006, 09:47:12 pm »
yay for Tool!!

totally one of my favourite bands, no question about it!

I have a playlist of songs I listen while smoking drugs and playing WoW, it contains the complete discography of Tool, A Pefect Cirlce, and The Doors.

but hey, you dont have to be baked to enjoy Maynard's music, its good for all occasions

c14dude

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2006, 01:42:17 am »
hooker with a penis  ;D its not like every tool cd is radicaly diffrent then the last. there a metal band
and most of there stuff sounds the same but its good if thats what your in to.

Offline luke

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2006, 08:40:16 am »
Tool's ok i dont have any of there albums but i have herd some of there song's have any of you herd of mnemic?

Offline El Stevo

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2006, 11:02:30 pm »
I think it's a pretty awesome album. It's much more chilled out and laid back than usual and the lyrics are hitting me much more than with previous albums. Intension and Right in Two are really standout tracks in my opinion. The only one I don't get on with so far is Rosetta Stoned. You know how it is with Tool - their stuff takes forever to get under your skin but when it does it REALLY does. Wings for Marie and 10,000 days make one beautiful, moving piece of music, more so once you know the history of it.

There is a touch of A Perfect Circle creeping in, which is no bad thing I don't think. The album totally deserves its place on my rack with the rest of Tool's stuff.

It made its chart debut at No.4 here in the UKá :D
Oh noes, it doesn't fit in my rack! Hey! No sniggering at the back there. Oh well, it's an awesome album case. It's the first CD I've ever bought which has come with specs.

One month on and I'm still listening to it loads. One of my favourite albums ever.

I went to see Tool on tour recently. They were more spectacular than I thought they would be. It was an amazing experience. Tour again soon Tool!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 07:29:41 pm by El Stevo »
Don't touch the screen!
Rank 4: Elite
Gamertag - El Stev0  |  Last.fm
Overwhelmed, as one would be, placed in my position.