Author Topic: Firefly  (Read 7654 times)

werechicken

Re: Firefly
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2006, 04:13:44 am »
heck I'd watch it just for the mechanic, but anyway it is really well written, and I do hope that there will be another series

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2006, 06:21:03 am »
My best friend met Summer Glau [River] and he said she was absolutely gorgeous, that they'd really toned her down for the series; they felt her looks would distract from the character's psychosis in some way. He has a picture of him with her. And though I'm sure seeing him sitting next to her improves on her looks a bit, she is still insanely good looking.

So yeah, I think even if I didn't like the series I'd watch another for her. Something about a beautiful woman that's ridiculously flexible and can kick my ass while I'm standing behind her is appealing for some reason.

Offline GrrrArrgh

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2006, 12:15:39 am »
She's a dancer, too.
There is a method to my madness. That method is in and of itself quite mad, but it is method nonetheless.

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2006, 08:27:22 pm »
She's a dancer, too.
Ballerina, no less. ;)

Offline LoneWolf

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2006, 01:37:35 pm »
I love that show,Have the series an movie on dvd andIm going ot a firefly convention in Londen in September.
We all b one big intergalactic family and  if you don't comply...NUKES....

Offline WiiForever

• Lunar Lander Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2006, 05:03:22 pm »
Man, I really wanted to know who that Shepherd guy really was! Dang. Would have been cool to see. Oh well.  Steve the Pirate's cool too.

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2006, 10:21:39 am »
Man, I really wanted to know who that Shepherd guy really was! Dang. Would have been cool to see. Oh well. Steve the Pirate's cool too.

There was a rumor going around that Shepherd was the Alliance general that defeated Mal at Serenity Valley, but that was never verified.

werechicken

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2006, 06:57:24 pm »
too bad he got killed off in the movie, een if they do somehow make a second series there's not much chance of us ever finding out.

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2006, 08:53:31 pm »
too bad he got killed off in the movie, een if they do somehow make a second series there's not much chance of us ever finding out.

Whedon has pretty much said there wouldn't be another series, but there is a possibility of them making a 2nd film -- even if it ends up being one of those Made For TV things. Considering that the original series looked as good as it did, I could buy them making a pretty awesome looking TV movie out of it.

Offline GrrrArrgh

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2006, 09:30:51 pm »

Whedon has pretty much said there wouldn't be another series, but there is a possibility of them making a 2nd film -- even if it ends up being one of those Made For TV things. Considering that the original series looked as good as it did, I could buy them making a pretty awesome looking TV movie out of it.

It happened with Family Guy and apparently will happen with Futurama. Maybe Fox will realize how stupid they were for cancelling the show and allow some reincarnated form to be born. I'd love to see the story continue, though it wouldn't be quite the same without Shepherd or Wash.
There is a method to my madness. That method is in and of itself quite mad, but it is method nonetheless.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2006, 12:30:38 am »
Weadon has said though that at this point making the Tv series again just wouldn't be the same and what with Wash dead it just ruins it even more he was the best character!

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2006, 10:07:07 am »
Weadon has said though that at this point making the Tv series again just wouldn't be the same and what with Wash dead it just ruins it even more he was the best character!

I would definitely not say he was the best character. He was quite entertaining though. I personally prefer Mal and River as characters, which is why the film was like a dream for me.

Offline GrrrArrgh

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2006, 01:50:02 pm »
I love all the characters, but River is probably my favorite. Kaylee would have to be a close second.

werechicken

« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2006, 05:11:08 pm »
I love all the characters, but River is probably my favorite. Kaylee would have to be a close second.
oh Kaylee has to be my top charactor, followed by Jane, he's just so funny

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2006, 11:49:03 pm »
For me its Wash unless I just watch Jaynestown episode then Jayne is my favorite.

"Lets hear it for the hero of Camdon!"