Author Topic: [OG-NC] The Sombrerons  (Read 49256 times)

gec05

[OG-NC] The Sombrerons
« on: April 06, 2006, 11:22:08 am »
The Sombrerons

The Sombrerons are a moderately noble race. They hail from the planet Shivol which lays on the border of the outer rim an middle rim of the galaxy. The other half of the population lives on Beyon, which they've founded after the Halycon War. They since then have fallen into division. Those on their home world Shivol converted into ecologists and shunned their materialistic practices. Shivol was regenerated from their once obliterated planet Shivaruu. During the Halycon War, renegade space pirates held vendettas against the Sombrerons for their rigorous crackdowns against piracy and the location of the Scion Complex. The pirates struck when they were distracted and at their weakest. Thanks to the Nauceans, they regenerated the planet into what is now Shivol. Just like it's predecessor, Shivol is a rugged and rocky desert, but the now eco-friendly Sombrerons wish to change it into a lush forest planet.

Planet

Thanks again to the Nauceans, Shivol now exists as the Sombrerons native world. 60% of the planet is comprised of rugged canyons, ridges, and mesas. 30% of it are desert plains and 10% lush oasis. The planet is rich with underground water and vast catacombs that span across the planet's sub surface. Massive hexagonal mesas are the main trademark of the planet's natural features. (not pictured)

The world map of Shivol. Note how the geography is spotted with pentagon shaped mesas. Situated atop one of the great mesas is the city of Nwen. This city serves as a hub for the planet's own resources and trade routes. The rugged terrain of the Coro Mountain Range has many canyons and quarries that are rich with various gem stones. At the foot of the Bajarro Cascades lies the capital of all mining activites, Heroto. We can also see the vast and desolate Xerodo Desert, which is featured with many salt flats and massive dunes. Spanning across the equator of the planet is the Great Equatoral Oasis. Hidden in a nook of the foothills of the Coro Mountain Range lies the most beautiful natural wonder of the planet, the Oasis of Verdanti. History tells of one Sombreron by the name of Verdanti who once sold fruits and spices no one has ever been able to find on the planet. He keep his secret grove hidden from public knowledge. No one ever found it. But he did leave behind a seed. That seed would help regrow the great oasis after the planet was regenerated by the Nauceans. The City of Verdanti was the original spot where that seed was planted. The secret oasis may have looked as it did in Verdanti's day.

Government

The Sombrerons run one of the most perfect democratic systems in the galaxy. They don't elect executive leaders but do have a robust legislative branch that conducts many governmental procedures of the planet. Citizens vote for laws and representatives to uphold them. Because citizens take a very active part in their government, their electoral system runs continuously and every matter put forth to the legislation is considered.

Fanart

???

~Great Distance

~Hydromancerx

~Hexaditidom

~Koshizu

~AndrewDickman

~bluewolf487

« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 04:27:23 pm by Gec »

gec05

Re: The Sombreron - New Creature
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006, 12:41:02 pm »
If any, they'll make great partners. Sombrerons which to maintain a good relationship with those who have great power and influence. They don't want to take over the galaxy politically, just economically. They'll probably make their services to the ViS by selling them slaves they capture.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 12:44:27 pm by gec05 »

gec05

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2006, 12:46:39 pm »
Yes, if anyone else is interested.

Offline Notorious B.O.B

• Venture Conqueror
  • I still live!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2006, 12:49:58 pm »
interested?  Of course!  It's always fun to hear others ideas.
Leave to a Thark his head and one hand and he may yet conquer.

The glass is alway in balance and full: half liquid, half gas.

Visit my Sporepedia page! http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Bob_Of_Mars

gec05

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2006, 01:23:12 pm »
I pencil draw them. The old fashioned way is the best way, if you know how. Then I scan them and color them in Adobe Photoshop. This is what a common Sombreron entrepreneur looks like. Expression denoted how greedy and proud Sombrerons are about their business. This one is a common slave trader looking forward to doing business with a valued customer. I didn't color because I was trying to be quick.

[image removed]
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 08:33:58 am by Eligecos »

Offline Notorious B.O.B

• Venture Conqueror
  • I still live!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2006, 01:40:11 pm »
Cool.  What is their culture like, or their homeworld?
Leave to a Thark his head and one hand and he may yet conquer.

The glass is alway in balance and full: half liquid, half gas.

Visit my Sporepedia page! http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Bob_Of_Mars

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2006, 02:05:16 pm »
Oh no, it's Gremlin Sebulbas!  ;)
J/K. I like the idea. Google in the galaxy, or Nestlé, or something... big corporations are evil!  :P

gec05

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2006, 02:12:23 pm »
This is their homeworld Shivaruu, a desert planet. It has an atmosphere, it's just night with a wee crack of dawn.

Their culture doesn't include religion. Being that they are a secular-based lifestyle, they are atheist. They will however cater to other religions needs for a price.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2006, 03:32:00 pm »
The Lermiun and Sombreron should arm wrestle each other ... or is that foot wrestle?!?

gec05

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2006, 04:05:22 pm »
LoL! I don't know. :D Hey Hydro, you like my new avatar? The head won't look like that, it's just a joke. ;D
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 04:49:10 pm by gec05 »

Offline Gabriel

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2006, 04:52:51 pm »
Very nice. The entire idea is very unique; the look, the culture, everything. I can't wait to see more about these creatures. Keep up the good work!

gec05

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2006, 04:57:45 pm »
I'm going to try to make a flash animation of how a Sombreron will walk. The game will probably change all that once it's out. :P But it doesn't hurt to try.

Offline Gabriel

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2006, 05:02:35 pm »
I'm going to try to make a flash animation of how a Sombreron will walk. The game will probably change all that once it's out. :P But it doesn't hurt to try.

I don't thinks so. I can't see that many ways for the Sombreron to walk with that body configuration, even if it is procedurally based. Unless the game decides to make it walk on it's hands as well of course, then I have no idea. :P

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2006, 07:21:04 pm »
LoL! I don't know. :D Hey Hydro, you like my new avatar? The head won't look like that, it's just a joke. ;D

Oh no not another one! Course if Hugg starts making his avatar of the Kazea then i know i have started a trend :p

gec05

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2006, 10:41:33 pm »
Ok, just to clear things up, all four limbs are arms, he has no legs. BTW: someone give me a list of topics to draw something for this creature. Culture, architechure, all kinds of stuff like that would be great and help a lot. Thanks. ;D