Author Topic: Your first vehicle?  (Read 6241 times)

Offline aname

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • The name's Mario, Mario Mario.
    • View Profile
Re: Your first vehicle?
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2006, 04:09:19 pm »
i think i will make something that hovers with tentecles and maybe a morter weapon.. something along the lines of this.

why must half life 2 make all the real cool lookin' stuff. :P
Back in black, with a gray dry brush and a red stiple effect.

Offline metranisome

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2006, 06:02:59 pm »
Mine will be giant flowting spheres thatare propelled by extremely strong magnets!
maybee even whole moving cities that move from place to place depending on temperature!

Offline Wind Adept

• Pong Paddle
  • Grumypish
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2006, 07:04:36 pm »
Mine will be giant flowting spheres thatare propelled by extremely strong magnets!
maybee even whole moving cities that move from place to place depending on temperature!

That's a pretty interesting idea.  How do you intend to do that?  Equally powerful magnets of the same charge directly under your cities on the ground/ocean that move with them?  Doesn't seem like it would work too well, as someone could just take that out to bring your whole city crashing down.  Is it possible to use the planet's magnetic field against itself?
Ho-hum.

Offline mrodgers

• Choplifter Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2006, 07:13:18 pm »

That's a pretty interesting idea. How do you intend to do that? Equally powerful magnets of the same charge directly under your cities on the ground/ocean that move with them? Doesn't seem like it would work too well, as someone could just take that out to bring your whole city crashing down. Is it possible to use the planet's magnetic field against itself?

From what we have heard, cities can't move.  There are no aerial cities.  As for the magnet thing, you can imagine any type of propulsion you want.  I doubt there is that level of complexity.
Check out my (Thurlin's) creatures, building, and vehicles.  You won't be disappointed.

http://www.spore.com/flash/csa_widget.swf?userid=2263477425&username=Thurlin&host=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spore.com%2Fview%2Fuser-thumbnail

Offline metranisome

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2006, 08:27:37 pm »

That's a pretty interesting idea. How do you intend to do that? Equally powerful magnets of the same charge directly under your cities on the ground/ocean that move with them? Doesn't seem like it would work too well, as someone could just take that out to bring your whole city crashing down. Is it possible to use the planet's magnetic field against itself?

From what we have heard, cities can't move. There are no aerial cities. As for the magnet thing, you can imagine any type of propulsion you want. I doubt there is that level of complexity.
Ill at least make it SEEM like it! ill add in little details for an effect...
As for the cities I'm not sure if there will be a way to manipulate them so they can move... But i can still try!

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2006, 05:44:30 am »
Has anyone seen people's drawings of WWI Tanks before th government "Leaked" Information? thats my Vehicle, biatch!
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline slugfly

• Time Pilot Trekker
    • View Profile
    • SporeFanatic
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2006, 06:33:09 am »
did you know they were called 'tanks' because the workers didn't even know what they were making?  The workers were told they were building special issue water tanks.  ;D

That's all the showing off for me... I'm now completely drained of trivia   ???

Offline Gabriel

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2006, 06:42:09 am »
did you know they were called 'tanks' because the workers didn't even know what they were making?  The workers were told they were building special issue water tanks.  ;D

That's all the showing off for me... I'm now completely drained of trivia   ???

And when they orginal came onto the battlefield they were known as the Big Willy and the Little Willy.  ???

Offline Wind Adept

• Pong Paddle
  • Grumypish
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2006, 10:46:22 am »
From what we have heard, cities can't move.  There are no aerial cities.  As for the magnet thing, you can imagine any type of propulsion you want.  I doubt there is that level of complexity.

I was less asking about it within spore as an idea for something outside of the game.  It just seemed like a neat concept, since we do the whole thing with bullet trains and magnetic repulsion, although I realize it's pretty farfetched and probably impossible, as well as impractical. :P
Ho-hum.