Author Topic: Today Show Changes  (Read 3387 times)

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
Today Show Changes
« on: April 05, 2006, 04:52:02 am »
I have a morning ritual, I drink my coffee, browse the forum and watch the Today Show. Today Katie Couric announced that she is leaving the end of May to go to CBS evening news. The surprising thing to me is that I never really liked her but yet I felt a little sad that she would be leaving. The whole show seemed to work because of the whole team of four. Katie, Matt, Al and Ann. I wonder who will replace her? I hope its Ann Curry. Two years ago when I visited NYC, I stood outside with the crowd and got to see them all in person. Forgot my sign though.

The other fun fact is that I only watch NBC news in the morning. If I watch news any other time of day, it will be FOX news.  ;)

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
Re: Today Show Changes
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 02:02:10 pm »
Shouldn't this be in the TV section? ;)

Offline LadyM

• View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 02:54:17 pm »
Crap, I hate it when your right  ;) moving it.. hey why didn't you just move it?  :D

Offline Kaze

• Adventure Ace
  • Vicious Polar Bear
    • View Profile
    • EČ
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 02:57:30 pm »
Ban her Ovi!

I catch a bit of it in the AM when I'm getting ready to go about my day sometimes, though I'm mostly indifferent to her departure. I've been hearing jokes on Leno about it too, and he seemed pretty sure it was going to happen, so I kind of figured it would. Ah well. I like when TV shows change things up. Leno is getting replaced by Conan O'Brien in 2008, and even though I like Leno, I look forward to that happening.

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • You just blipped on my radar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2006, 04:49:17 pm »
I was thinking about this.. I never actually watched the Today show, I just have years upon years upon years of memories of it playing in the background as I got ready to go off for school. It didn't take long to find out about these people just to listening to the TV as I ate breakfast. I literally grew up with these people every morning, yet have only watched the show a handful of times. I guess it's  sad that another part of my childhood is going away, regardless of how much I actually watched it. It just always felt like one of those things that was always there, and would always be there.
My karma ran over your dogma

Offline LadyM

• View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2006, 05:12:04 pm »
They just announced today that Meredith Viero (sp?) from The View will be taking Katie's spot. I just don't think it will feel right. I wish they would move Ann Curry there and find someone else for the news.

Offline 7LES

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2006, 05:13:51 pm »
Nooo i have to watch here at night!!! ahh Katie Couric is so annoying ahh it makes me sick just thinking about it blaa.

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2006, 06:58:24 pm »
Meanwhile Katie is going to CBS replacing Bob Sheffier. Although I'm Happy for Katie I gotta say I'm gonna miss Bob Sheffer. he made the Job his own very well in the Time he was there.

Rather wasn't bad but their styles were diffrent.

Dan Rather was "This is the news, Here!"
Bob Sheefer was "This is the news, Something to think about..."
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master

Offline 7LES

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2006, 09:55:18 pm »
Meanwhile Katie is going to CBS replacing Bob Sheffier. Although I'm Happy for Katie I gotta say I'm gonna miss Bob Sheffer. he made the Job his own very well in the Time he was there.

Rather wasn't bad but their styles were diffrent.

Dan Rather was "This is the news, Here!"
Bob Sheefer was "This is the news, Something to think about..."

Katie is like "awhh here is the news its so sad(or cute)"

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2006, 03:35:46 am »
Ban her Ovi!

I catch a bit of it in the AM when I'm getting ready to go about my day sometimes, though I'm mostly indifferent to her departure. I've been hearing jokes on Leno about it too, and he seemed pretty sure it was going to happen, so I kind of figured it would. Ah well. I like when TV shows change things up. Leno is getting replaced by Conan O'Brien in 2008, and even though I like Leno, I look forward to that happening.

Conan forever!

Offline T-BirD

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2006, 07:11:39 am »
Letterman video on Katie's departure:

http://www.devilducky.com/media/44485/