Author Topic: Team Spore Project?  (Read 3482 times)

Offline Sporific

• Battlezone Captain
  • Call me Jake. Jake Bond.
    • View Profile
Team Spore Project?
« on: April 05, 2006, 03:37:28 pm »
Is anyone interested in helping me create a project out of my Spore creature?... Because I seem to have all the right ideas, but... my drawings don't really turn out looking nicely at all. So, I know its a lot to ask, but would anyone like to help me draw my creature and everything around it? Help would be much appreciated. :)

LOL SPORE ON MAC.
"The surest sign that there's intelligent life in the universe is that they haven't visited us."
Quote from: lolasan
Procedurally Generate That!

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
Re: Team Spore Project?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 04:26:43 pm »
Actually Jahelo, Kcon, Areku, Huggkruka and I made a group called the "Fantastic Spore" and were going to make a really cool collaborative creature. Sadly the project died. We did however have some cool creatures made from it when deciding what do make. Basically we found out making a collaborative creature was alot harder than making one by yourself. The reason for it was we all had diffrent ideas of what it should be as well as people not responding ( same problem as in the Prison Escape game). In short the only way to make such a group project would to have dedicated people who will be around all the time and have them willing to put their egos aside for the project.

Fantastic Spore
http://www.bungie.net/fanclub/92994/Group/GroupHome.aspx
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 04:47:28 pm by Hydromancerx »

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 04:38:29 pm »
Actually Jahelo, Vivec, Areku, Huggkruka and I made a group called the "Fantastic Spore" and were going to make a really cool collaborative creature.

Whoa, wait what? What did I join/take part in? ???
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.

Offline Caltrop

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 04:42:03 pm »
Easy:

1-Decide on basic biological traits of the creature.
2-Assign regions of the planet for each person
3-Let them develop separate cultures for each group!

Problem solved. :)
Spore RPG: http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=2069.0

STRAWBERRYCLOCK IS KING OF THE PORTAL

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 04:45:07 pm »
Actually Jahelo, Vivec, Areku, Huggkruka and I made a group called the "Fantastic Spore" and were going to make a really cool collaborative creature.

Whoa, wait what? What did I join/take part in? ???

Oops sorry i ment Kcon

Offline Sporific

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2006, 06:25:38 pm »
Actually Jahelo, Kcon, Areku, Huggkruka and I made a group called the "Fantastic Spore" and were going to make a really cool collaborative creature. Sadly the project died. We did however have some cool creatures made from it when deciding what do make. Basically we found out making a collaborative creature was alot harder than making one by yourself. The reason for it was we all had diffrent ideas of what it should be as well as people not responding ( same problem as in the Prison Escape game). In short the only way to make such a group project would to have dedicated people who will be around all the time and have them willing to put their egos aside for the project.

I would love to be apart of a project like that, but what I'm mainly looking for is someone to provide artwork to my ideas. Since I basically just sketch everything out, none of it is truly presentable, so I'm trying to find a partner or group to help develop my creatures.

However, the Team Spore idea sounds fun. I think there should be a small group with each person assigned to something different (ie: one person for artwork, one for creature design, one for item and house design, cultures, etc.) and then all kind of have a weekly thread where they post their latest idea and the group responds. I guess the ego thing is quite a problem... people only open to their own ideas can get annoying. ::)
LOL SPORE ON MAC.
"The surest sign that there's intelligent life in the universe is that they haven't visited us."

Offline Project37

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2006, 06:40:45 pm »
I might be able to draw a few pictures for you if you supply some basic sketches of your ideas/

Offline Gabriel

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2006, 06:46:06 pm »
I would be more than happy to lend a hand. Be warned: I will not be able to handle this all by myself, some help would be appriceated.

Offline Sporific

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2006, 06:50:44 pm »
I might be able to draw a few pictures for you if you supply some basic sketches of your ideas/

Thank you so much! I love your Vashean, so I would love it if you helped me draw a few. ^^
LOL SPORE ON MAC.

Offline Gabriel

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2006, 06:52:39 pm »
I'm not wanted? I'll just go then...  :'(

Offline Sporific

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2006, 06:55:14 pm »
I'm not wanted? I'll just go then... :'(

LOL, I was about to respond. Maybe you could help me with minor concepts, like items, vehicles and all that great stuff. :D
LOL SPORE ON MAC.

Offline Martham112

• Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2006, 12:09:09 am »
I'll always be willing to help if someone drops out.