Author Topic: Evoultion - The Game  (Read 11178 times)

Offline Gabriel

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
Evoultion - The Game
« on: April 04, 2006, 04:58:55 pm »
As we all know evoultion is not limited by our imgination's alone. Enviroment, food and culture (amongst other things) will all be key variables that we must take note of while playing Spore. It will be our job to channel the course of evoultion and make sure our creature ends up on top of the food chain.

This game, in a nut-shell, is a dumb-downed version of Spore. We will be taking a single celled ameboa (hand drawn, not computer animated) from it's early stages in the primordial ooze into a brave new world and beyond.

The evoultionary path of our creature will be determined by the following: Player A posts a picture of a creature (me in this case) he/she then states a dilema/perdicument/problem that it has to overcome via evoultion. Player B then draws a picture of the evolved creature along with a brief explanation of it's evolved status. He/she then puts forward another dilema/perdicument/problem for the creature. The next person then does the same, and so on and so on.

I'll start with my mediocre drawing of a single celled amobea:

The Creature:

The Dilema:

It seems as though another creature is stealing all of our creature's food before it can get to it. Our creature needs a way to get more food so hat it can survive.

Ready? Go!

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
Re: Evoultion - The Game
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 05:03:50 pm »
this seems to be better than that other one, except that its just one creature rather than two alternating ones.

I know this is a game and technically would go in the forum games section, but since its more geared to spore and it has ppl drawing stuff, maybe we can have it here. although if the mods opinions differ and it gets moved, thats fine with me.

as for those that don't have some art program or scanner, just use artpad.com (I think it has problems saving sometimes though) or just do something in MS paint, save as .jpg and put it on some image hosting place.

Offline patsplats

• Zork Emperor
  • bwahahaha e=fish bwahahah
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2006, 05:05:01 pm »
dang i can't draw it quick enough my computer isn't fast enough itll take hours but how bout if it has a tetacle coming out of the lump and a stinging prong to latch on to the food or the attacker to paralze and stun it.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2006, 05:06:38 pm by patsplats »
Code:

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2006, 05:07:53 pm »
it doesn't have to be as artistically good as the OP's pic, it can be a simple sketch. we aren't going for best art here, so as long as ppl can get what you are doing for your part of it, its fine :)

and I guess that could work patsplats

Offline patsplats

• Zork Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2006, 05:09:35 pm »
this seems to be better than that other one, except that its just one creature rather than two alternating ones.

I know this is a game and technically would go in the forum games section, but since its more geared to spore and it has ppl drawing stuff, maybe we can have it here. although if the mods opinions differ and it gets moved, thats fine with me.

as for those that don't have some art program or scanner, just use artpad.com (I think it has problems saving sometimes though) or just do something in MS paint, save as .jpg and put it on some image hosting place.
i don't have either so trying to make a icture out of letters and symbols is almost impossible
Code:

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2006, 05:11:37 pm »
well MS paint normally comes with windows, unless you're on a mac and just use a free hosting site like photobucket.com

Offline Gabriel

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2006, 05:14:52 pm »
patsplats: If you create a smal dilema for your newly evolved creature then I'll be more than happy to create a quick sketch of it. Does that sound alright to you?

Offline patsplats

• Zork Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2006, 05:16:32 pm »
i got it down how do you post it
Code:

Offline Gabriel

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2006, 05:18:52 pm »
Dilema or picture?

If you are talking about picture, which you most probaly are, then Save It. Then goto Image Shack. Load up your picture and click Host. Then copy the Forum link they give you and and paste it into your reply.

Offline patsplats

• Zork Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2006, 05:24:57 pm »

well here it is the grabber/ stinger is on the end
« Last Edit: April 04, 2006, 05:27:57 pm by patsplats »
Code:

Offline Gabriel

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2006, 05:27:02 pm »
Cool. Can you add a problem for it to overcome so that the next stage of evoultion can take place (does not have to be included in your picture, just write it out, like I did)?

Offline patsplats

• Zork Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2006, 05:29:30 pm »
problem: the ameoba has began to prey on small creatures witch are too fast for its stinger to reach.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2006, 05:37:32 pm by patsplats »
Code:

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2006, 05:31:16 pm »
problem: a set of fast blood suckers come up from behind the ameoba before it can defend.

I think a better one would be: a new species of blood suckers has decided our creature will make nice prey.
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.

Offline Caltrop

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2006, 05:32:26 pm »
problem: a set of fast blood suckers come up from behind the ameoba before it can defend.

1. Ameobas don't have blood to suck.
2. That situation seems rather LaMarkian...
Spore RPG: http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=2069.0

STRAWBERRYCLOCK IS KING OF THE PORTAL

Offline patsplats

• Zork Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2006, 05:34:56 pm »
okay ill change it
Code:

Offline Gabriel

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2006, 05:37:05 pm »
Well?

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2006, 05:42:59 pm »
Well?

He edited his post. I'll try to think of something, but not for this one.

Offline Gabriel

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2006, 05:47:47 pm »
The Creature:

Our creature has evolved a tail appendedge. This allows it to move faster through it's enviroment. It has also adopted a more stream-line shape making traversing through its liquid filled habitat easier.

The Dilema:

Our creature has become too big for its own good. It is loosing heat rapidly and cannot maintain a suitable body temperature at its current stage.

Offline patsplats

• Zork Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2006, 05:58:32 pm »

sorry about the low quality and quick drawing. but it now has filters to suck in food but it still has to eat sensibly large prey occaisinaly.
problem: the  ameoba is driving away most prey and is in its own little zone it needs a new way to sneak up on prey

also can we eventually go multi cellualer?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2006, 06:00:22 pm by patsplats »
Code:

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2006, 06:00:12 pm »
Isn't this supose to be under forum games though?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2006, 06:02:10 pm by Hydromancerx »

Offline patsplats

• Zork Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2006, 06:01:14 pm »

that answer your qeustion
Code:

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2006, 06:03:49 pm »
Not really cause her are things like the prison escpae thing which is like a forum game ... but then again is story telling like any of the other creature stories. So i am confused on what makes a forum game and what makes a creature story. And which one is this?

Offline Gabriel

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2006, 06:06:14 pm »
Not really cause her are things like the prison escpae thing which is like a forum game ... but then again is story telling like any of the other creature stories. So i am confused on what makes a forum game and what makes a creature story. And which one is this?

I guess you could classify this as a Creature Story. We are going through the various stages of Evoultion (which Spore, in itself, is all about). This game/story is on the same level as the Prison Escape Story and so I see no reason why it can't stay here.

Enough chatter! On with the game story! :P

Offline patsplats

• Zork Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2006, 06:07:14 pm »
to stop this from happenin how bout you start from scratch on a multi celluler level
Code:

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2006, 06:08:30 pm »
to stop this from happenin how bout you start from scratch on a multi celluler level

That wouldn't make a difference. Some of the topics in FG started multi-cellular, some start uni-cellular.

Offline Gabriel

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2006, 06:10:12 pm »
Feel free to go multi-celluar whenever you want. Just don't make a huge leap from single celled organism to multi-functional creature just yet. Expand the number of cells within our creature by all means, just, within reason.

Offline patsplats

• Zork Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2006, 11:23:19 am »
multi celluler is like a animal and uni celluler is a ameoba
Code:

Offline Gabriel

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2006, 11:36:23 am »
If you read the first page instead of spamming up the topic then you will find out.

Offline Brutus

• Ice Climber
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2006, 12:10:25 pm »
i mean how will it work, is it only germ stage or is it animal and hwo will it run!!
Never mind your own business.

Offline Kyyp

• Rigel Rescuer
  • Multipass!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2006, 12:52:29 pm »
Read
The
First
Page
Brutus
Everything is explained in the very first post.

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
  • Raised from the dead!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2006, 05:01:04 pm »
OK back to the creature, It grew into a multi-cell creature and, shortened, and grew a shell to keep the heat in. this shell has made it heavy so it grew more flagellates to maintain speed. It also grew more spikes

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/5278/3rd27xk.jpg

Dilemma: the creature move jerkily and can be easily taken out from behind.
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline Brutus

• Ice Climber
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2006, 12:33:07 pm »
a weapon on the back and a stockyier pointier shape have made it able to defend itself from the back and the flappers make it able to move alot faster as it can take more advantage of the denses of the water , it has developed a new way of attacking larger predators by swimming into them and stabbing them with the blades that evolved from the grasper and it can take the force of smashing into the enemy because of the shell spreading the force evenly due to its stocky "egg like shape"

dilemma = very large filter feeders have taken to swallowing it whole (with countless others) rendering its defences useless because it has no way of sensing when the filter feeders approaching.

p.s if its a multi cellular organism now why have you given it a nucleus?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2006, 12:36:10 pm by Brutus_ »

Offline Cousarr

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
    • URF Online
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2006, 07:28:37 pm »
Longer filters with a basic nervous system attachment allowed the creature to feel subtle shifts in the water. This allowed it to move out of the way when a large filter feeder swam by.

Delimma: The creature's prey have begun to develop detachable body parts that distract our creature, resulting in much smaller meals.

Offline Brutus

• Ice Climber
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2006, 10:32:08 am »
i am not sure how to fix this problem, maybe eyses or sommit but wouldnt that be cheating?

Offline Cousarr

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
    • URF Online
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2006, 11:51:36 am »
You don't have to use eyes, although I'm not sure why eyes would be considered cheating. You could just as easily use some things that are used in submarine warfare that are there to deal with active and passive countermeasures. Or you could come up with something entirely off the wall and different yet still works. It's up to whoever takes the next step.