Author Topic: Evoultion - The Game  (Read 11038 times)

Offline Gabriel

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
Evoultion - The Game
« on: April 04, 2006, 04:58:55 pm »
As we all know evoultion is not limited by our imgination's alone. Enviroment, food and culture (amongst other things) will all be key variables that we must take note of while playing Spore. It will be our job to channel the course of evoultion and make sure our creature ends up on top of the food chain.

This game, in a nut-shell, is a dumb-downed version of Spore. We will be taking a single celled ameboa (hand drawn, not computer animated) from it's early stages in the primordial ooze into a brave new world and beyond.

The evoultionary path of our creature will be determined by the following: Player A posts a picture of a creature (me in this case) he/she then states a dilema/perdicument/problem that it has to overcome via evoultion. Player B then draws a picture of the evolved creature along with a brief explanation of it's evolved status. He/she then puts forward another dilema/perdicument/problem for the creature. The next person then does the same, and so on and so on.

I'll start with my mediocre drawing of a single celled amobea:

The Creature:

The Dilema:

It seems as though another creature is stealing all of our creature's food before it can get to it. Our creature needs a way to get more food so hat it can survive.

Ready? Go!

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
Re: Evoultion - The Game
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 05:03:50 pm »
this seems to be better than that other one, except that its just one creature rather than two alternating ones.

I know this is a game and technically would go in the forum games section, but since its more geared to spore and it has ppl drawing stuff, maybe we can have it here. although if the mods opinions differ and it gets moved, thats fine with me.

as for those that don't have some art program or scanner, just use artpad.com (I think it has problems saving sometimes though) or just do something in MS paint, save as .jpg and put it on some image hosting place.

Offline patsplats

• Zork Emperor
  • bwahahaha e=fish bwahahah
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2006, 05:05:01 pm »
dang i can't draw it quick enough my computer isn't fast enough itll take hours but how bout if it has a tetacle coming out of the lump and a stinging prong to latch on to the food or the attacker to paralze and stun it.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2006, 05:06:38 pm by patsplats »
Code:

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2006, 05:07:53 pm »
it doesn't have to be as artistically good as the OP's pic, it can be a simple sketch. we aren't going for best art here, so as long as ppl can get what you are doing for your part of it, its fine :)

and I guess that could work patsplats

Offline patsplats

• Zork Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2006, 05:09:35 pm »
this seems to be better than that other one, except that its just one creature rather than two alternating ones.

I know this is a game and technically would go in the forum games section, but since its more geared to spore and it has ppl drawing stuff, maybe we can have it here. although if the mods opinions differ and it gets moved, thats fine with me.

as for those that don't have some art program or scanner, just use artpad.com (I think it has problems saving sometimes though) or just do something in MS paint, save as .jpg and put it on some image hosting place.
i don't have either so trying to make a icture out of letters and symbols is almost impossible
Code:

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2006, 05:11:37 pm »
well MS paint normally comes with windows, unless you're on a mac and just use a free hosting site like photobucket.com

Offline Gabriel

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2006, 05:14:52 pm »
patsplats: If you create a smal dilema for your newly evolved creature then I'll be more than happy to create a quick sketch of it. Does that sound alright to you?

Offline patsplats

• Zork Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2006, 05:16:32 pm »
i got it down how do you post it
Code:

Offline Gabriel

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2006, 05:18:52 pm »
Dilema or picture?

If you are talking about picture, which you most probaly are, then Save It. Then goto Image Shack. Load up your picture and click Host. Then copy the Forum link they give you and and paste it into your reply.

Offline patsplats

• Zork Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2006, 05:24:57 pm »

well here it is the grabber/ stinger is on the end
« Last Edit: April 04, 2006, 05:27:57 pm by patsplats »
Code:

Offline Gabriel

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2006, 05:27:02 pm »
Cool. Can you add a problem for it to overcome so that the next stage of evoultion can take place (does not have to be included in your picture, just write it out, like I did)?

Offline patsplats

• Zork Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2006, 05:29:30 pm »
problem: the ameoba has began to prey on small creatures witch are too fast for its stinger to reach.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2006, 05:37:32 pm by patsplats »
Code:

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2006, 05:31:16 pm »
problem: a set of fast blood suckers come up from behind the ameoba before it can defend.

I think a better one would be: a new species of blood suckers has decided our creature will make nice prey.
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.

Offline Caltrop

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2006, 05:32:26 pm »
problem: a set of fast blood suckers come up from behind the ameoba before it can defend.

1. Ameobas don't have blood to suck.
2. That situation seems rather LaMarkian...
Spore RPG: http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=2069.0

STRAWBERRYCLOCK IS KING OF THE PORTAL

Offline patsplats

• Zork Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2006, 05:34:56 pm »
okay ill change it
Code: