Author Topic: Low/Normal/High gravity planets  (Read 7772 times)

Offline Leng

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • !?!?
    • View Profile
Re: Low/Normal/High gravity planets
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2006, 04:45:58 pm »
OMFGSTFU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

really all of these threads are devolving into logically incoherent arguments based on miscommunication.  as a favor, could everyone just stop posting in threads like this for ONE DAY, and then read through them again carefully to see what everyone is saying?
I have been told
not by one but two of my lovers
that I've got a heart of gold
but I'm unable to share it with others
They call me a poet who'll never have a poem
a tiger with no taste for bone
I'm the wonderful wonderful wizard who's waltzing alone

Offline xip

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
    • xip software
« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2006, 04:59:03 pm »
OMFGSTFU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

really all of these threads are devolving into logically incoherent arguments based on miscommunication. as a favor, could everyone just stop posting in threads like this for ONE DAY, and then read through them again carefully to see what everyone is saying?

lol, i second that :)

but of course, i refuse to belive that anything i wold say could be 'logically incoherent' in any way :P *joke*
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 05:09:27 pm by xip »
/WushuKid

Offline Brutus

• Ice Climber
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2006, 02:52:28 am »
it will probably just affect the terraform points of the planet,
Never mind your own business.

Offline slugfly

• Time Pilot Trekker
    • View Profile
    • SporeFanatic
« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2006, 03:50:33 am »
"Gaming Steve: So you showed like black holes, quasars, things like that?

Will Wright: Yeah.

GS: Are those there just for fun? How do those affect the game? Or are you not sure yet?

WW: Well, I’m not sure how far we’ve gone down this path but we have already prototyped models for all these things. I can show you the prototypes here … we have a huge numbers of prototypes.

GS: I mean it was cool even when you just “went over them.” [with the mouse-cursor and they animated]

WW: Oh yeah. This is our prototype of a black hole and stuff. This is basically our general gravitational simulator. This is also how we would simulate the formation of new stars and planets. So basically I have this little world where … let’s see … there is actually space-time warpage here, that’s the grid showing. I can actually go in here and sculpt/drag space-time.[/u][/i] Notice as I drag my cursor here I am actually gravitational tracking across time to form larger and larger maps and I can actually create a star in here. This is also how we might simulate a black hole. We can actually generate entire planetary systems from these tools right here."

they had relativistic physics at gdc 2005.  space bends.  granted that's not the same as light travelling at a finite speed, but the importance of this is the attitude of the dev team that they're making ART.  if they're going to go that far, they're also going to do plenty of other things that aren't strictly necessary.

grooviness  :)