Author Topic: Culture Marks / signs  (Read 3494 times)

Offline Pixel^

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
Culture Marks / signs
« on: April 04, 2006, 06:01:52 am »
i did i quick search and didnt find enything related to this. but when your creatures have an advanced culture, i was wonderting if you could make like little personal culture signs on sticks or whatever when you visit other tribes and citys to spread your culture. ?

rip your eyes out and look at your self for 5 mins.............

new you have bled to death.. dont EVER rip your eyes out it isnt healthy!

Offline Schiz

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
Re: Culture Marks / signs
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 06:11:10 am »
they said there would be a cultural victory over cities.. so some kind of missionary or something will probably be in the game.

Offline mrodgers

• Choplifter Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2006, 07:22:19 am »
they said there would be a cultural victory over cities.. so some kind of missionary or something will probably be in the game.

It could be handled like in the Civ games or many others where your influence is just a number and whomever the city belongs to depends on who has the most influence.  Rather than using missionaries or what have you.
Check out my (Thurlin's) creatures, building, and vehicles.  You won't be disappointed.

http://www.spore.com/flash/csa_widget.swf?userid=2263477425&username=Thurlin&host=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spore.com%2Fview%2Fuser-thumbnail

Offline aquaman

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • Must...Get....SPORE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2006, 08:13:57 am »
It maybe a little representation of your creature :D

Like the style on the main spore website.

Offline Doomstrom

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2006, 08:24:56 am »
Who knows?
Try emailing Will, the adress is somewhere on these forums ;D
#1 Spore Fan. You better believe it.

Offline mrodgers

• Choplifter Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2006, 08:35:49 am »
And if he gets back to you let us all know.  It seems like Maxis is back in blackout mode from the amount of email replies we are getting lately.
Check out my (Thurlin's) creatures, building, and vehicles.  You won't be disappointed.

http://www.spore.com/flash/csa_widget.swf?userid=2263477425&username=Thurlin&host=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spore.com%2Fview%2Fuser-thumbnail

Offline slugfly

• Time Pilot Trekker
    • View Profile
    • SporeFanatic
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2006, 08:36:54 am »
don't try e-mailing Will.  Remember, every second he spends on a polite response to a well stated question is a second that he's not spending on developing and improving Spore  ;)

Offline mrodgers

• Choplifter Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2006, 08:39:59 am »
don't try e-mailing Will.  Remember, every second he spends on a polite response to a well stated question is a second that he's not spending on developing and improving Spore  ;)

I wonder how much actual development he does.  Especially now that things are moving towards a more set program (from what I have gathered from the GDC2006 talks).  I wouldnt be surprised if he tests a lot of things and helps direct but otherwise is pretty unattached to the development at this point.

Offline slugfly

• Time Pilot Trekker
    • View Profile
    • SporeFanatic
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2006, 09:36:19 am »
probably not a lot at this point actually.  But he's still the head dude and therefore morale for the team!   go go go!

;)

I bet most of our questions will be answered at E3 anyway.

Offline aquaman

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • Must...Get....SPORE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2006, 09:47:52 am »
I have a question that I want answered at E3:

"What Is The Capital Of Mars?"

Offline Jaleho

• Stargate Superstar
  • The Infamous El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Inflatable Studios
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2006, 09:54:34 am »
I'm thinking this would be the logo/color/flag idea... some element that stands out as saying "this is me". Let's say, for example, that Will's happy colorful willosaurs managed to take over the industrial, millitaristic willosaurs -- without blowing up their city. What visual elements could help clue us in that it is now "ours", without simply replacing all the buildings to match the home city?

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2006, 10:11:58 am »
The Capital of Mars is M.

Sad, But someone had to do it.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline Samog

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • objectivists are dumb
    • View Profile
    • -
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2006, 11:07:17 am »
I'm sure he has a permanent wireless connection to his computers soldered to the inside of his skull so he can work all day. Also, not only is he a cyborg, but he hates everybody who buys Maxis products. That's why he's never answered any emails from anybody.  EVER.

That thing he supposedly wrote about answering questions between meetings? It's slander, perpetrated by the Illuminati.
"Fine. Don't believe me. I'm not lying. all your laziness which you mistake for something funney is driving me insane, quit fooling around!  dude this is just wrong, very wrong. reality does not consist of constrained language. go lock this thread malt. I love the payment."4MOD

Offline Mason11987

• Rally-X Roadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2006, 12:24:41 pm »
probably not a lot at this point actually.  But he's still the head dude and therefore morale for the team!   go go go!

;)

I bet most of our questions will be answered at E3 anyway.

I think our detailed questions won't be directly answered, but we MIGHT be able to grab the answers if/when there is a game clip.  We are so deep into this game that I think E3 won't answer our detail questions (unless there is an interview by GS).  Stuff like this seems unimportant.  But the multiple space vehicles question will be answered I'm sure, and more details on the editors.  Maybe about alliances and missions, but I don't know if he'll answer if we can have rolling creautres or snake creatures, although I hope we get that answer.
My Sporepedia page: http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Mason11987
On GS: http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=12609.0

Maxis and Spore - Bringing your imagination to life:

Offline slugfly

• Time Pilot Trekker
    • View Profile
    • SporeFanatic
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2006, 05:20:40 pm »
I'm sure he has a permanent wireless connection to his computers soldered to the inside of his skull so he can work all day. Also, not only is he a cyborg, but he hates everybody who buys Maxis products. That's why he's never answered any emails from anybody.  EVER.

Woot!!  Will Wright is the new Chuck Norris... about time that no-charm bastard stepped down.  The new phrase of the day:  Will Wright doesn't go hunting, hunting implies the probability of failure.  Will Wright goes killing.