Author Topic: advancing after sentiance  (Read 7185 times)

Offline Brutus

• Ice Climber
    • View Profile
Re: advancing after sentiance
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2006, 11:38:31 am »
but the others will upgrade their hut and then reach city, so you will be beaten to the punch really, you will be tribal and they'll be cuty , then whatchya gonna do when a tank comes along huh?
Never mind your own business.

Offline mrodgers

• Choplifter Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2006, 11:45:51 am »
but the others will upgrade their hut and then reach city, so you will be beaten to the punch really, you will be tribal and they'll be cuty , then whatchya gonna do when a tank comes along huh?

No they won't you will be the only tribal or higher species on the planet.  No one will be able to move up to the next level until your group does.
Check out my (Thurlin's) creatures, building, and vehicles.  You won't be disappointed.

http://www.spore.com/flash/csa_widget.swf?userid=2263477425&username=Thurlin&host=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spore.com%2Fview%2Fuser-thumbnail

Offline patsplats

• Zork Emperor
  • bwahahaha e=fish bwahahah
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2006, 11:48:11 am »

No they won't you will be the only tribal or higher species on the planet.  No one will be able to move up to the next level until your group does.
man i was just about to say da same thing  :P ;)
Code:

Offline Brutus

• Ice Climber
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2006, 11:49:11 am »
wheres the sence in that?? then you could just stay in tribal and conquer all the citys in tribal before city then the empire will grow with you, that would suck!

Offline patsplats

• Zork Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2006, 11:56:24 am »
maybe your movement is limeted to like one area or continet and you can't leave until you develop farther and have new methods of transport
Code:

Offline Brutus

• Ice Climber
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2006, 12:15:04 pm »
well what if your planet is one big landmass and you could venture out as far as you can, qouncer the nearest tribe then vernture out as far as you can from THAT tribe then move on etc etc

Offline patsplats

• Zork Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2006, 12:17:25 pm »
like I said maybe you are limited to one area and you can't venture far from your origanal tribe or square area of land there will most likely be two or more continents as the worlds is balances by procedural mechanics
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 01:00:54 pm by patsplats »
Code:

Offline mrodgers

• Choplifter Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2006, 12:47:46 pm »
like I said maybe you are limited to one area and you can't venture far from your origanal tribe or square area of land there will most likely be two continents as the worlds is balances by procedural mechanics

Hopefully there will be some islands around too and more than 2 major continents on at least some worlds.  There have been too many random map generators for something as simple as 2 continents.
Check out my (Thurlin's) creatures, building, and vehicles.  You won't be disappointed.

http://www.spore.com/flash/csa_widget.swf?userid=2263477425&username=Thurlin&host=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spore.com%2Fview%2Fuser-thumbnail

Offline patsplats

• Zork Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2006, 12:59:57 pm »
oops didnt notice that ill edit
Code:

Offline 10-Neon

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2006, 02:19:11 pm »
I'd like to be able to advance without dominating my neighbors...and without leaving them in the dust. In fact, I'd like to see my neighbors rise into space with me. I have never heard of multiple empires being run from the same place, but who's to say it is impossible?
At any rate, being forced to conquer my neighbors, militarily or otherwise, would not be too great, I hope the player isn't the only one who can expand: a stunted neighbor is not the most exciting neighbor. Obviously we can't afford to have ALL of the civilizations expanding... it would an unnecessarily tax on the syste;, but to see a few empires, and to see the possibility of more than one of them being from the same planet or system, would be very refreshing.
"The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate." -The Resteraunt at the End of the Universe

Offline patsplats

• Zork Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2006, 02:26:12 pm »
i would too like to see other creatures of the same type in space
Code:

Offline mrodgers

• Choplifter Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2006, 06:19:07 am »
I'd like to be able to advance without dominating my neighbors...and without leaving them in the dust. In fact, I'd like to see my neighbors rise into space with me. I have never heard of multiple empires being run from the same place, but who's to say it is impossible?
At any rate, being forced to conquer my neighbors, militarily or otherwise, would not be too great, I hope the player isn't the only one who can expand: a stunted neighbor is not the most exciting neighbor. Obviously we can't afford to have ALL of the civilizations expanding... it would an unnecessarily tax on the syste;, but to see a few empires, and to see the possibility of more than one of them being from the same planet or system, would be very refreshing.

I feel like while that might be possible, it is extremely unlikely.  I imagine that once you get space bound, the other civs on your planet either quickly try to wipe you out or fall under your influence.  It seems like it would just be too hard to manage otherwise.

Offline patsplats

• Zork Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2006, 07:11:14 am »
maybe if it had "jump to " warning systems so you could jump back and save your planet or maybe if you destroyed all hostile ones and allied with peacefull ones and made somekind of space fedaration
Code:

Offline mrodgers

• Choplifter Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2006, 07:13:41 am »
maybe if it had "jump to " warning systems so you could jump back and save your planet or maybe if you destroyed all hostile ones and allied with peacefull ones and made somekind of space fedaration

I assume there will be a hotkey (like the home button) to auto zoom you back to your planet.

Offline patsplats

• Zork Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2006, 07:14:21 am »

I assume there will be a hotkey (like the home button) to auto zoom you back to your planet.
or you could phone home  ;D
Code: