Poll

Would you like to see Spore available through the EA Downloader?

Yes, I would love to see that happen
No, are you mad?
Don't care, I'm getting a hard copy 'cos i'm retro!
Spore sucks!

Author Topic: Digital Distribution  (Read 9739 times)

Offline slugfly

• Time Pilot Trekker
    • View Profile
    • SporeFanatic
Re: Digital Distribution
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2006, 06:39:36 am »
I want a Spore pop-up book!   ;D

Seriously, GTA:SA's city guide that came as the package (not in it) will be pretty hard to top.  And companies have got to start trying to top each other in ways other than graphics.

Offline Leannain

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2006, 06:52:17 am »
how about the people who have download limits? for example there's some european isps where you get like 20 national gigs and 1 itnernational gig ::)

plus,i play counter-strikethrough STEAM and i pretty much hate it.
"the act of procreation and anything that has any relation to it is so disgusting that human beings would soon die out if there were no pretty faces and sensuous dispositions"-Leonardo da Vinci O_O

Offline $kelet0r

• Microvision Master
  • www.spore-game.net
    • View Profile
    • Spore-Game.net
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2006, 05:44:06 am »
how about the people who have download limits? for example there's some european isps where you get like 20 national gigs and 1 itnernational gig ::)

why? you're constantly getting an improved game every week and steam and VAC mean cheating is very low especially compared to the pre Steam counterstrike 1.5 and earlier days...

Offline Sadisticfaction

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2006, 11:03:56 am »
BIG FRUITY JUICY NICE MAPS AND STUFF... SH III had the all-important gridmap (oh, how it saved me), and as mentioned, GTA:SA had... that... thing. Big, huge, enormous, sexy paper-things alongside the disc is soooooooo important. It's what you browse through whilst installing, damnit!!

Offline Brutus

• Ice Climber
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2006, 11:52:35 am »
companies love digital distribution because of the real nice profit margin it has, which is 100% by the way (except for the small price of royaltys or anything but you make a massive profit not buying anything REAL)
Never mind your own business.

Offline Leannain

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2006, 08:02:49 am »

why? you're constantly getting an improved game every week and steam and VAC mean cheating is very low especially compared to the pre Steam counterstrike 1.5 and earlier days...

that's why i see cheaters everyday,yes,valve is doing a great work.
"the act of procreation and anything that has any relation to it is so disgusting that human beings would soon die out if there were no pretty faces and sensuous dispositions"-Leonardo da Vinci O_O

Offline Brutus

• Ice Climber
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2006, 10:47:50 am »
valve sucks
Never mind your own business.

Offline Leannain

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2006, 11:40:33 am »

i only play on VAC approved servers...The thing is,no matter how fast they produce anti-hacks the hackers will always find a way to go around  :'(

that's why i see cheaters everyday,yes,valve is doing a great work.

Only go on VAC approved then, you can select it on the server search menu

Offline Granite T. Rock

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Granite's Homepage
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2006, 02:52:45 pm »
I'll be sold on the digital distribution thing when there is a savings to do so.  Some games (any URU fans, although not EA) are cheaper to get in the stores than to download.

Simple solution to the not having access to the server in 50 years.  The registration should be tied to information you'd never want to give you.  Ereader E-books use your credit card number.  You never have to authenticate with an external server, but it is secure 'cause who is gonna distribute the book with their credit card as a decryption code.
My Spore Profile  ****  My Spore Videos
Wii Friend Code: 7772 0178 1092 3363  Mario Kart Code: 2363-6666-4480 (PM me when you add me)

Offline LucasUP

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • Cheese Is God
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2006, 03:56:36 pm »
I suggested this a while ago, its easyer to download a game then to try to find a hard copy of it, depending where you live, you may not even have a local game store! Or worse, the game sells out very fast.

I think a good idea would be for the ability to burn a hard-copy of a downloaded game so you dont have to worry about your computer failing (of course, you would be able to re-download it, but being able to have a hard-copy as well is always a good idea)
The glass is not half full or half empty. It is both.

Offline mrodgers

• Choplifter Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2006, 06:34:13 am »
I suggested this a while ago, its easyer to download a game then to try to find a hard copy of it, depending where you live, you may not even have a local game store! Or worse, the game sells out very fast.

I think a good idea would be for the ability to burn a hard-copy of a downloaded game so you dont have to worry about your computer failing (of course, you would be able to re-download it, but being able to have a hard-copy as well is always a good idea)

You could always buy it online from say Ea and get it mailed to you too.
Check out my (Thurlin's) creatures, building, and vehicles.  You won't be disappointed.

http://www.spore.com/flash/csa_widget.swf?userid=2263477425&username=Thurlin&host=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spore.com%2Fview%2Fuser-thumbnail

Offline noogle

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2006, 06:46:33 am »
what happens if you lost your internet connection too? :o

Offline mrodgers

• Choplifter Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2006, 06:47:40 am »
what happens if you lost your internet connection too? :o

Then you probably wouldn't have known about the game in the first place so it wouldn't be an issue.
Check out my (Thurlin's) creatures, building, and vehicles.  You won't be disappointed.

http://www.spore.com/flash/csa_widget.swf?userid=2263477425&username=Thurlin&host=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spore.com%2Fview%2Fuser-thumbnail

Offline noogle

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2006, 06:49:57 am »
you could have heard about it in a newspaper or a magazine.

Offline slugfly

• Time Pilot Trekker
    • View Profile
    • SporeFanatic
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2006, 07:26:30 am »
or you could have just heard about it from your neighbors...  about 3 or 4 times a day I scream from my windows  "Repent ye sinners!! Spore is near!!