Author Topic: Jake's Sporific Creature... Things (Now with Pics)  (Read 2318 times)

Offline Sporific

• Battlezone Captain
  • Call me Jake. Jake Bond.
    • View Profile
Jake's Sporific Creature... Things (Now with Pics)
« on: April 01, 2006, 05:42:13 pm »
Hokay. Here be where I post descriptions of Creatures and beg others to draw them for me. :P Okay, I guess I'll scan in some of my hand drawn ideas, but whatever. Constructive criticism appreciated!

The Meredog
This is my favorite creature that I have so far developed. It's just like it sounds- a meremaid, with its upper part a dog. It's very fantastical, with large "butterfly" wings and humanoid arms growing from the ends of the wings. The wings are decorated with elaborate designs that are usually within the same color spectrum: blue for females, a deep gold for males. Its fur is rough and shaggy, and can vary from grey to brown. The Meredog has very sharp teeth for grabbing as well as its carnivorous nature, and it also has two tiny incisors that grow from the sides of its mouth for ripping its food apart. The arms are very large, but it mainly uses its mouth for carrying things in the water. It is somewhat amphibious, as it cannot survive on land: it can either fly or swim. (I know this most likely will not be available in the game, but I'm crossing my fingers.) Meredogs survive on a diet of large birds, which is why it evolved wings for flying. It lives in very deep waters, but builds its civilizations near the surface so it can hunt. Meredogs have a very important mechanism of drying: when leaving the water, to make itself light enough for flying, the Meredog shakes vigorously, activating a bodily function that sucks moisture into the skin and expells it from the fins. When flying, the Meredog uses its fin as somewhat of a wing, and flaps it rapidly.

That's all I have for now... who wants to draw? ;)

Currently Unnamed (Octopod)
One idea I developed for a creature is two heads that have separate features. The Octopod has a long, furry body, similar to a snake with fur, with four hooves jetting out of it. Each hoove is split into three, creating sort of "toes" to keep the creature standing up. On each side of this body, it has a head. Its main head, containing half of the body's total brains, has very short, brisk fur, almost to the point where it looks like skin. Four eyeballs arranged going up and down are the main features of this head. Also, this head has its own legs: two legs with more like fins than hooves, but still furry. The other head is very furry, so if you look at the creature from left to right it seems to grow more fur progressivley. There is so much fur that this head, which house the mouth and nose, has evolved an antenna containing a mouth and nose from the top of the head. The mouth is rectangular with amazingly sharp jaws and the nose consits of two slits in the antenna, which is a small ball atop the head. This head contains half the brains. These brains communicate with each other, giving the creature two personalities. The head with the mouth is the more dominant personality, because it holds the power to talk, so however that brain is developed is how that Octopod acts.

---VERY MUCH STILL IN DEVELOPMENT.--

Septopent
Septoments are primate-like mammals covered in shaggy yellow fur. Over time, they have developed unimaginably long arms for tree swinging and also have managed to evolve five legs, each of which acts as an extra arm to assist in tree climbing. Septoments are insectivores and rely on small tree-dwelling worms for their main source of food, although they are known to eat the bark of trees from time to time. Their civillizations are built around trees, rather than in them, as they find tree-dwelling sacred and don't look to abuse it. Septopents' five legs moved in a very organised manor and they scuttle very quickly and spider like.

Nark
Narks are strange, large creatures known to live only in the hottest desert springs. Their body consists of a small pod two feet in diamater with large eyes popping of of the face. Sharp jaws and powerful fangs lay in the body's center and four legs, each consisting of three feet, support it. Then, growing from the body of the Nark are two wings up to ten feet high. They are decorated with various patterns, design and colors. The Narks have developed arms to help themselves flap the large wings easier, but the hands jet out of either side of the wings making them not especially important. Two incisor teeth outside the mouth help the Nark catch and eat prey. The Nark is a notoriously slow runner, but when in the air the Narks move at top speeds. Their civilizations are built on sand dunes and are dug into the sides of the hills. An adult Nark is about eleven feet tall.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2006, 08:38:47 pm by Sporific »

LOL SPORE ON MAC.
"The surest sign that there's intelligent life in the universe is that they haven't visited us."
Quote from: lolasan
Procedurally Generate That!

Offline Sporific

• Battlezone Captain
  • Call me Jake. Jake Bond.
    • View Profile
Re: Jake's Sporific Creature... Things (Now with Pics)
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 08:39:22 pm »
Update with pictures of two new creatures. I have also designed a small model of the Meredog that I will put up soon... Yay!
LOL SPORE ON MAC.
"The surest sign that there's intelligent life in the universe is that they haven't visited us."
Quote from: lolasan
Procedurally Generate That!