Author Topic: My Creature - The Saari  (Read 3869 times)

Offline stuck

• Robotron Automaton
  • Who is John Galt?
    • View Profile
My Creature - The Saari
« on: March 31, 2006, 01:07:20 pm »
The Saari evolved on a planet called Konto. During its early years it was very barren and rocky, not to mention windy. Very soon, extremely large caves began to form. Mini-volcanoes and puddles of water provided places for bacteria to start flourishing. Before long, multi-cellular organisms arose. This cave life was very harsh for these creatures, but it proved the best environment for one thing, sentience. Those organisms that could navigate the winding tunnels the best lived the longest. One such creature took advantage of its situation, the Saari. Eventually, they became so mentally adept they had the human IQ equivalent of 150, on average. However, since their visibility was limited, they were fragmented into tribes that feared the light. The fact that they lived in caves only added to their tribe mentality. Until along came a genetic mutation that allowed for a more flexible iris. They began venturing out in the hundreds to the open air and saw what we consider average: color. They stared at their own various shades of grey and realized that they needed to do something about it. And thus their tribal buildings became shades of blue, red, green, orange, yellow until their camps looked like a doctor Seuss confection. But what happened to those left in the caves? The planet had resumed its volcanic activity and the caves quickly filled up with lava or poisonous gasses. The cave dwellers, it was assumed, were no more. That is the beginning of their history, as it is said.

Presently these are their structures:

An aircraft

This is a water tank that shoots lasers I guess, removable compartments for multi-functionality

A UFO

This is them. They have eight spider-like legs (though not powered by compressed air) that can retract or expand depending on the rock they are stepping on. Also, They have three fingers which can come together to make a sort of pick-ax. They have an opposable thumb and a very small mouth. The fins on the back of their head let them know the wind direction and function as ears. Their lanky arms are actually quite powerful and were used to pull themselves up crevices. They have a very good sense of balance and so can "limbo" through very small tunells. This is it for now

Offline Doomstrom

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
Re: My Creature - The Saari
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 01:12:52 pm »
Nice creature :)

I love the UFO
#1 Spore Fan. You better believe it.

Offline stuck

• Robotron Automaton
  • Who is John Galt?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2006, 02:43:02 pm »
The Saari world, Konto, has a very intersting feature. Its plantlife is varied on its meta-continent and one of its other ones. However, Due to strange atmospheric convection currents, one is almost gray and barren. The animals that do exist there came from the caves. Grass, even the sky is a subtle tint of gray. However, another intersting aspect is its moon. The moon harbors water and has plant life on it. It is about 2.5 times the size of our own moon, while Konto is 2 times our own Earth.
Here is an early cartographers drawing of the planet.

This is its moon. Saari have wondered through the centuries about whether a sentient being lived there also.

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2006, 03:35:03 pm »
Nice creatures and great drawings too!  ;)

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2006, 04:22:20 pm »
very cool pics
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2006, 04:39:02 pm »
Water tank looks like a Christain cross. It's the "Pope Sub"!!

Offline stuck

• Robotron Automaton
  • Who is John Galt?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2006, 06:15:37 pm »
Water tank looks like a Christain cross. It's the "Pope Sub"!!
Sorry the descriptions are on the bottom. But its a Pope UFO now.
Well anyways, the Saari have now continued their tribal system out in the air. A pact is reached by the elders of all the tribes. It clearly states that all tribes will have a different architecture for their buildings and a different color. Thats all it says. They have harnessed the power of fire and use it quite liberally.
As you can see a nice blue block building is in the background.

The Saari, being insatiably curious, made a raft out of the local waterproof peppers, and the crescent shaped bark. They found the other green continent quickly and began colonizing it. A brief war broke out because of this but more on that later. However, when the Saari set eyes on the barren continent, they quickly turned away and declared it the place of Hades, a netherworld. This is the story of how their religion was formed. Their religion resembles our own Zoroastrianism. They believe in only one good and one evil, and a being must chose between these two. The good was represented by lava (ironic of course) because they believed at that time it brought life to their world. The evil was lifelessness, the barren subcontinent. Simple alters were their places of worship.

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2006, 06:16:55 pm »
I like the random pepper in there.
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.

Offline Lambsquirter

• Megamania Megalomaniac
  • Don't play with your food
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2006, 10:09:37 pm »
they love their peppers i think.
Under construction

Offline beastt

• Kaboom Boomer!
  • I be back, With cats!
    • View Profile
    • Teh Janth
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2006, 12:27:28 am »
the plant life on there moon is different - i like itá :)
It's caturday, Post some cats!

Offline stuck

• Robotron Automaton
  • Who is John Galt?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2006, 11:59:41 am »
The Saari government at first was a loose alliance of tribes headed be a group of elected leaders. Before long, they had reached every corner of their globe, but the Grey continent, and settled. They never invented wheels, which is odd given their IQs, but instead they rode on ball bearings, which is a sizeable substitute. They went through a metallurgical revolution. The planet has a high amount of oxygen in it (40%) so fires are stronger. This led to an early discovery of metals. They soon learned how to refine and shape metals and made formidable weapons with them. They made perfect spheres and thus came the ball bearing, which they used on wagons and such. Glass was something they refined early on also. In no time they built large cities with steel infrastructure. Adhering to the color law, each city was assigned a hue. They began to look like pastel drawings and hurt the eyes of anyone who stared at them too long, a natural defense against invaders.

and heres a modern tank to keep you busy

Here is an example of their police force. Those highly trained in martial arts carry a big stick to whack people with. Those less adept get guns. I am told something like this is in place in Japan. Headbands indicate caste.

Saari are asexual. They do not have a gender. Instead, they have two small organs that hold all the eggs and sperm, each with a few mutations. Of these thousand or so, only 10 develop; they then incubate inside the dead Saari's womb. Months later they emerge sluglike. Since you last saw them, they have ditched the claws on their fingers and developed three-jointed arms.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2006, 12:32:50 pm by stuckin2004 »