Author Topic: Sha´ve...(to be changed?)  (Read 3914 times)

Offline Zell

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
Sha´ve...(to be changed?)
« on: March 31, 2006, 12:32:17 pm »
Sha´ve

TaaAmo is the name of the Sha´ve's homeworld. Once, a blue planet. Today, a dark planet. Unexcepted changes in their Sun heated their planet until the methane buried deep in the oceanfloor was released into the atmosphere. And ever since those "dark ages" they must now depend on the various symbiotes of the planet, or die. The Sha´ve was capable of breathing in a methane filled atmosphere, but since it greatly decreased the lifespan and lifequality of them they decided to bond with symbiotes with the ability to filtrate the methane air. As time went on, they grew more and more dependant on their symbiotes which led to the back-developement of their lungs. Now their filtrating symbiotes served as lungs as well. Symbiotes was also used as graspers and as a substitute for their communicational organs, which were also minmizing and ceasing to function normally. Over millions of years the symbiotes became inseperable from them. But some of Sha´ve has begun to experiment with robotic lifeaiders, a new path which has split up the Sha´ve into two different races, very different.

...to hell with the backgroundstory...for now.

Anatomy

Their bodies are eel-like with the exception of a pair of gigantic legs protruding from about the middle of the creature. Where the mouth should have been there is instead the lungsymbiote. And on the side of the head, about the same height of the eyes, there is the grasping symbiote. White eyes and relatively colorless body. The back is covered by encapsled Mee-cells which converts the energy from the sun into useable energy. Instead of a brain they got a large concentration of Mee-cells right ÷ver their head. The Mee-cells there converts the sunenergy into electrical impulses.

Feel free to draw your own version of the Sha´ve until i've found a way to upload one of my own drawings.

The young ones

The young ones are being hatched from the eggs that have been grown in symbiotes. When the adult Sha´ve has laid its egg it is being inserted into a symbiote where it will be taken care of for a number of weeks. It is in the nursery that the new-hatched individuals are being taken care of.
At a certain age the young one has to choose whether he wants to join the symbiote users, MeO Tem[Me-O Tem], or the cyborgicals, MeO Kao[Me-O Ka-O]. They can also apply for a position at the nursery where they will have to develop a great sense of objectivity in ordcer not to influence the younger Sha´ves. Unlike the older Sha´ves the young ones are not depending on symbiotes. Although they are usually not directly exposed to the methane atmosphere, they are capable withstanding it under short periods of time. They are also born with natural graspers, but these are being removed to make room for grasper providing symbiotes.

MeO Tem
These symbiote users are constantly looking for new symbiotes and ways of manipulating the symbiotes into more desirable shapes.á But since they have no skill whatsoever in genetics they have to actively and carefully chose which individual symbiotes are to be given a chance to reproduce. The soldiers of the MeO Tem have been given the task to protect the group from dangers from the outside and from within. To do that they are being integrated with several symbiotes which are essentially lethal weapons embodied.

To be completed....
« Last Edit: April 03, 2006, 03:29:06 am by Zell »

Proud owner of the 10,000th post

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
Re: Sha´ve...(to be changed?)
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 12:39:19 pm »
interesting method of creating an organism dependent on alot of symbiotic creatures, since the description of them is so unique, I don't think anybodys drawing of them will be more accurate than yours because its your idea.

Even though symbiotes/parasites are not confirmed for spore, something like that should be cool :)

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2006, 12:47:59 pm »
This is an occasion where you have to use your imagination and say 'that eye is actually a symbiote' despite the fact its part of the same creature in the editor.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2006, 12:52:13 pm »
This is an occasion where you have to use your imagination and say 'that eye is actually a symbiote' despite the fact its part of the same creature in the editor.

yea, I was thinking of just using my imagination for that. Also, I'm not really sure how a manipulator symbiote would work because the host has to be able to control the symbiote. Something more along the lines of a defensive symbiote that defends its host and the host provides something for the symbiote, like ants and some thorn trees in Africa.

Offline Zell

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2006, 12:56:36 pm »
I'm kinda expecting that. I'd be surprised if Wills planning to implement symbiotes and parasites.

I just spent about 20 min drawing my creature on artpad and the **** is not working anymore.
Bah...
I guess i'll have to take pictures of my drawings and transfer them to my computer and the upload them on some site.

Offline Zell

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2006, 01:02:25 pm »

yea, I was thinking of just using my imagination for that. Also, I'm not really sure how a manipulator symbiote would work because the host has to be able to control the symbiote. Something more along the lines of a defensive symbiote that defends its host and the host provides something for the symbiote, like ants and some thorn trees in Africa.

It's all the work of the Mee-cells. All life on the planet is in one way or another based on the Mee-cells and neural integration(Mee-celluear intergration, actually) betwen creatures is just a matter of connecting "brains"(which are Mee-cells). Thats why most of the symbiotes are placed close to the head and back of the Sha´ve

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2006, 01:07:06 pm »
well with an alien physiology such as something like that could allow it to work like that :)

the lung symbiote could easily work in the same way as plants or work like plants, except the planet is suppousedly cloudy and its atmosphere has little if any oxygen in it and the organisms use methane for respiration instead.

Offline Zell

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2006, 01:20:36 pm »
well with an alien physiology such as something like that could allow it to work like that :)

the lung symbiote could easily work in the same way as plants or work like plants, except the planet is suppousedly cloudy and its atmosphere has little if any oxygen in it and the organisms use methane for respiration instead.
The lung symbiote draw electric energy from the host since it doesn't have enough Mee-cells to convert energy for itself. It instead use its Mee-cells filtrate the amount methane entering the host and absorbing and conserving methane for its own use. The methane and the drawed electric energy is what keep the symbiote ticking.

Offline Zell

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2006, 08:22:27 am »
Since the drawings i make in artpad aren't being saved correctlyon the website i've saved it to my HD. Anyone know where i can upload a picture?

Offline Zell

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2006, 01:47:50 pm »

Tadaa!
The reddish thing covering its mouth and the graspers protruding from the ear are both symbiotes. This particular creature have some more symbiotes to be connected with but due to some unknown reason the Sha´ve cannot integrate with more then two symbiotes per occasion. The whole symbiote-isation process take several years and it's then considered a real individual by the MeoTem.

To be drawed:
An ufo
Buildings
The nursery
Cyborgs(MeoKao)

Feel free to draw those until i've scanned or photographed my own drawings(I won't try artpad again)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2006, 02:05:49 pm by Zell »