Author Topic: Creature Parts  (Read 2002 times)

Offline WoozleWazzle

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
Creature Parts
« on: March 31, 2006, 12:04:22 am »
Will the creature parts be customizable, such as the grippers, fins, mouths and eyes?
I know each part had its own 'handles' which could be modified, but the number of parts in the GDC 2005 video were limited.

Do you think there will be an editor just for parts or come with these parts already made?
(sorry if this has been discussed before, couldn't find it)

"The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him."  —George Bush, Sept. 13, 2001

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority." — March 13, 2002

Offline Khornel

• Dragster Diehard
    • View Profile
Re: Creature Parts
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 12:13:21 am »
I'm sure that the parts are pre-made, but you can probably modify them a bit, to fit you're imagination, with those "handles", and there's probably gonna be a lot of parts in the final version, but that's just a guess. Though, I never really understood the whole head thing, is that fully customizable?

Offline Chickenman297

• Scramble Skipper
  • So there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2006, 12:37:14 am »
We know that you'll be able to rotate and scale the parts that come with the game.  I'd imagine fully customisable parts won't be available till someone creates a hack/mod for the game.  I wonder who will start up ModSpore.com???
Book, book, book

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2006, 03:37:16 am »
A Part editor as a sort of meta-editor or editor editor? Sweet.

Offline slugfly

• Time Pilot Trekker
    • View Profile
    • SporeFanatic
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2006, 04:24:04 am »
I can't really imagine a parts editor, since the game already has to know how to use each part.  If you change the part the usage might not be practical (imagine taking half a claw away and still expecting it to pinch).  But I'm willing to bet that you won't be limited as to wear things must go (ie. grippers must go on limbs, limbs must leave the body proper) and therefore you could probably use the tools as they are to create most anything you can think of in terms of parts...

That's my assumption/wish.