Poll

If between 5 and 10% of people vote for option 1, everyone wins!

Option 1
8 (30.8%)
Option 2
18 (69.2%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Voting closed: April 06, 2006, 09:54:16 am

Author Topic: Voting Game  (Read 3502 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Daxx

  • Golden Axe Battler
  • *****
  • Posts: 8613
    • View Profile
Voting Game
« on: March 30, 2006, 08:54:16 am »
An interesting experiment. It's going to run for a week, after which everyone can see the results. :D



Offline starshard0

  • Mystery House Madman
  • **
  • Posts: 203
  • I'm waiting for Spore to come out, don't bug me.
    • View Profile
    • Starshard0's Super Blog
Re: Voting Game
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 09:06:37 am »
Sounds good, I hope I win!
Bored? On the internet? Probably not, but if so, check out my blog.

Offline Damned_Zombie

  • Cobra Commander
  • *****
  • Posts: 3908
    • View Profile
Re: Voting Game
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2006, 01:41:44 pm »
You lose, good day, sir!

Offline Daxx

  • Golden Axe Battler
  • *****
  • Posts: 8613
    • View Profile
Re: Voting Game
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2006, 03:57:51 am »
Bump. I wish I'd set it so we could see how many people had voted.

(please don't corrupt this wish)

Offline Lu Yan

  • Video Pinball Wizard
  • *
  • Posts: 88
  • That's a nice spear! Do you use it to Fish?
    • View Profile
Re: Voting Game
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2006, 04:52:17 am »
Are you familiar with "Irregular Webcomic?"

-Lu Yan, display name change pending

Offline Daxx

  • Golden Axe Battler
  • *****
  • Posts: 8613
    • View Profile
Re: Voting Game
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2006, 04:55:58 am »
Yes indeed, that's where I got the idea from.

Offline Lu Yan

  • Video Pinball Wizard
  • *
  • Posts: 88
  • That's a nice spear! Do you use it to Fish?
    • View Profile
Re: Voting Game
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2006, 05:27:09 am »
You know, there probably is a logical pattern one can use dealing with coin flips to choose A or B, as to have 7-8% vote for A. But we're all far to lazy for that.

-Lu Yan, display name change pending

Offline Daxx

  • Golden Axe Battler
  • *****
  • Posts: 8613
    • View Profile
Re: Voting Game
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2006, 05:31:29 am »
One way I can see is for everyone who take part to use a random number generator, with 7% chance of A, 93% of B. Just go with what the generator says.

I don't think that's going to work, though, because most people will vote and then read the thread. :)

Offline Daxx

  • Golden Axe Battler
  • *****
  • Posts: 8613
    • View Profile
Re: Voting Game
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2006, 06:40:17 am »
It's in the options when you set up the poll. Display results after poll closes, I think, or something like that.

Offline Daxx

  • Golden Axe Battler
  • *****
  • Posts: 8613
    • View Profile
Re: Voting Game
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2006, 09:46:43 am »
Only two more days to get your votes in!

Offline Damned_Zombie

  • Cobra Commander
  • *****
  • Posts: 3908
    • View Profile
Re: Voting Game
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2006, 12:40:06 pm »
Only one more hour before you get banned for double posting!

Offline Cobra

  • Moderator
  • All Your Base Zero Wing
  • *****
  • Posts: 8951
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
Re: Voting Game
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2006, 10:27:18 pm »
Just saw this topic it looks cool.

Offline Daxx

  • Golden Axe Battler
  • *****
  • Posts: 8613
    • View Profile
Re: Voting Game
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2006, 07:20:41 am »
Should be interesting. With larger communities this sometimes works. It's when there are smaller ones that it doesn't tend to quite as much. I wonder - should I run a second one after this?

Offline Daxx

  • Golden Axe Battler
  • *****
  • Posts: 8613
    • View Profile
Re: Voting Game
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2006, 05:11:03 pm »
I'm afraid everyone lost. Better luck next time, everyone.

Option 1     - 8 (30.8%)
Option 2    - 18 (69.2%)

Offline thegreatloofa

  • Rally-X Roadster
  • ****
  • Posts: 573
  • Back by unpopular demand
    • View Profile
Re: Voting Game
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2006, 09:28:02 am »
For the number of voters (26), only 2 of them needed vote for Option 1.
1 would have been too few and 3+ would have been too many.