Author Topic: Huxley?  (Read 3400 times)

Offline eXistenZ

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
    • Oddfellow Magazine
Re: Huxley?
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2006, 11:50:20 am »
Hey guys.

I have to say, I'm super excited about Huxley! This game looks amazing, and is super ambitious...my favorite kind. Not only that but it incorporates my two favorite genres--FPS and MMO.

The only problem is my computer would blow up if I tried to run [Huxely] it. My system specs are fine for a heck of a lot of games, but here is a list of what isn't worth playing due to frame rate:

*CS:S (although HL2 SP ran very playably)
*FEAR
*Farcry
*DOOM 3 (although I played through it)
*Quake 4

Those, basically, are games I wish I could run on my rig, but are too slow to enjoy. I run BF2 at all low settings, because I love the game so much, and still own at 20 FPS. BF2 is like crack to me...I need it on a weekly basis or I get DTs.

Ok.

My rig:

Dual PIII 1ghz
1 gig Sdram
Geforce FX 5600 256
ASUS

Anyway. I can't wait for Huxley--STEVE send me one of your older computers...I will be your PA for however long it takes to pay off. :)

Offline kornsoadhts

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2006, 08:12:09 pm »
hey, I'm new here. Just thought I'd post here and tell you guys that Huxley is a game I'm looking out for as well as spore.

Offline DrJiggs

• Atari Combat Vet
  • "Domokun will rule the world"
    • View Profile
    • My Own Room
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2006, 09:02:22 am »
hey, I'm new here. Just thought I'd post here and tell you guys that Huxley is a game I'm looking out for as well as spore.

Totally agree with you.  This is the next game by WoW buddies are going to play.  Has anyone seen the trailer?
"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Mark Twain

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • You just blipped on my radar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2006, 12:59:04 pm »
Mt younger  brother is hyped about Huxley, but then again he still plays Planetside.  I was a bit interested, but that interest seems to be heading downhill. I've had quite a few people tell me that the game sucks. And while I definately value the opinion of my friends, I think I'll wait closer to release before I decide anything.
My karma ran over your dogma

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2006, 01:04:57 pm »

Welcome to the board. Thanks for posting!
Too many people simply lurk these days.

And yes, Huxley looks interesting, and I'm hoping my system can run it. But then, it's a monster. It should run it. If it can't, I'm going to freak out on the developers. Go to their houses, beat up their pets.

And blame werechicken for it. :)

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • You just blipped on my radar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2006, 01:15:25 pm »
I'm hoping my system can run it.

That was actually my first worry, not if I could run it, but how will it run. an MMOFPS can't be as pretty as an MMORPG because lag has a larger impact on the game. And while you could obviously turn down the detail. If people on high end machines need to turn down the detail to make it playable, I'd hate to imaigne what it's like for people on mid to low end machines.  I guess only time will tell  :-\ 
My karma ran over your dogma

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2006, 01:18:13 pm »
I'm hoping my system can run it.

That was actually my first worry, not if I could run it, but how will it run. an MMOFPS can't be as pretty as an MMORPG because lag has a larger impact on the game. And while you could obviously turn down the detail. If people on high end machines need to turn down the detail to make it playable, I'd hate to imaigne what it's like for people on mid to low end machines.  I guess only time will tell  :-\ 

I'm sporting a pretty damned nice rig these days, so if it can barely run well on the high settings ... I'm going to feel immense pity for people running low-end machines. The LAG ... the insufferable LAG ...