Author Topic: Oblivion Questions  (Read 4144 times)

Offline Behumat

• Joust Warrior
  • Coruscant committee to fight urban sprawl
    • View Profile
Oblivion Questions
« on: March 29, 2006, 03:33:23 pm »
Soul trap gems? I didn't play Morrowind, so maybe I missed something, but I've got this damned gem, says petty soul, that i don't know what to do with. I heard somewhere they're used to recharge magic weapons, is that true? How do I use them? How do I trap souls?

Leveling: I notice that when I'm leveling, and I'm choosing which three attributes to increase, sometimes there are little plus numbers next to some of the attributes. What do these mean?

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Re: Oblivion Questions
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 04:08:49 pm »
You need to get some Soul Gems and a spell to trap the soul of a monster in it.

The stronger the Gem and the stronger the Monster the better the enchantment.

For some (not so) easy Soul Gems rob the Arcane University.

I nabbed three Grand Soul Gems from a display case on the second floor of the ArchMage's Chambers. Not an easy feat... but try it! They are worth it.

Offline Behumat

• Joust Warrior
  • Coruscant committee to fight urban sprawl
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2006, 04:14:31 pm »
i'll give it a shot, I'm already a master at sneaking, but I've been looking around for some cameleon stuff.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 05:52:23 pm »
I got a ring that gives me 20% Chameleon all the time. It is quite nice.

I don't remember what quest it was from though.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2006, 07:32:20 pm »
If it works the same when when you cast soul trap in morrowind it helps to have as many different sizes as you can get ahold of don't go casting soul trap on cave rats if you only have say greater or grand soul gems  as the sould will go into the smallest gem you have it will fit in.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2006, 08:33:40 pm »
What was it... a golden giant?

Something like that... yeah they were good.

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2006, 08:34:25 pm »
Golden Saint, I believe.
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2006, 08:35:17 pm »
Same thing.

Anyway, the moral is: Steal the Soul Gems from the Archmage.

ITS NOT LIKE HE IS SUPER STRONG LOLOL!

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2006, 08:40:19 pm »
You could wait until the Archmage turns around therefor stealing while he isn't looking.

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2006, 11:09:46 pm »
Soul trap gems? I didn't play Morrowind, so maybe I missed something, but I've got this damned gem, says petty soul, that i don't know what to do with. I heard somewhere they're used to recharge magic weapons, is that true? How do I use them? How do I trap souls?

Leveling: I notice that when I'm leveling, and I'm choosing which three attributes to increase, sometimes there are little plus numbers next to some of the attributes. What do these mean?

First of all you need a soul gem, at the higher levels, around 15, you start finding grand soul gems quite a lot.  You also need the "soul trap" spell, you should be able to buy it from just about anywhere, but I know one of the guys in the Anvil Mages Guild has it.  Then when you're fighting a monster, the bigger the better, cast soul trap on it, when it dies it's soul will become trapped in the gem.  That can be used for recharging weapons, but if it's a bigger monster it's usually best to keep it, as you also need them for enchanting weapons.  The more powerful the soul, the better the enchantment can be.

And the little pluses beside your attributes when you level up, is how much your attribute will be increases if you select it.  The more you've used the skills in that attribute, the higher the number will be.

Offline Kyle_1223

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • Was adopted by PatMan33
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2006, 01:56:04 am »
Oblivion will keep me busy all this year. well, unitl spore is released.. ghaha spore /drool

Offline patsplats

• Zork Emperor
  • bwahahaha e=fish bwahahah
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2006, 09:05:32 am »
I got the maor in anvil and ive had night mares ever sence i slept in there i thought it would be fine then bang when i woke up tree sprits tryin to toast me! I beat that level killed norban somethin but i still keep freakin out thinken the house is still haunted so i was just wonderin will any other spooks come to the manor and toast me? I heard the   norban guy say he dug up guys so will zombies attack me?I'm freakin out and can't help thinking i'lll be attacked in the night so is there more to the manor?
Code:

Offline Samog

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • objectivists are dumb
    • View Profile
    • -
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2006, 11:26:34 pm »
You could wait until the Archmage turns around therefor stealing while he isn't looking.

If you're in his quarters, you're trespassing, so he'll stare at you until you leave or he kicks your ass.
"Fine. Don't believe me. I'm not lying. all your laziness which you mistake for something funney is driving me insane, quit fooling around!  dude this is just wrong, very wrong. reality does not consist of constrained language. go lock this thread malt. I love the payment."4MOD

Offline lowestformofwit

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2006, 05:14:41 am »
I got the maor in anvil and ive had night mares ever sence i slept in there i thought it would be fine then bang when i woke up tree sprits tryin to toast me! I beat that level killed norban somethin but i still keep freakin out thinken the house is still haunted so i was just wonderin will any other spooks come to the manor and toast me? I heard theá ánorban guy say he dug up guys so will zombies attack me?I'm freakin out and can't help thinking i'lll be attacked in the night so is there more to the manor?

Pretty sure that once you have lifted the curse you will be the proud owner of a very cheap mansion.  Enjoy.
Ye find yeself in yon dungeon. Ye see a FLASK.

What wouldst thou do?
>_

Offline ArkServer

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
    • Blushyface.com
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2006, 05:15:07 am »

If you're in his quarters, you're trespassing, so he'll stare at you until you leave or he kicks your ass.

ya and you better leave :P

Offline patsplats

• Zork Emperor
  • bwahahaha e=fish bwahahah
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2006, 05:52:21 pm »
I got the maor in anvil and ive had night mares ever sence i slept in there i thought it would be fine then bang when i woke up tree sprits tryin to toast me! I beat that level killed norban somethin but i still keep freakin out thinken the house is still haunted so i was just wonderin will any other spooks come to the manor and toast me? I heard the   norban guy say he dug up guys so will zombies attack me?I'm freakin out and can't help thinking i'lll be attacked in the night so is there more to the manor?

Pretty sure that once you have lifted the curse you will be the proud owner of a very cheap mansion.  Enjoy.
but spoiler: he said he used zombies from the grave yard next to the manor so will i have another zombie slaying quest iff i go there?
Code: