Author Topic: Xenos' Inhabitants  (Read 5015 times)

Offline Xenomorph

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
Re: Xenos' Inhabitants
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2007, 05:20:31 am »

Because of the name "Xenos"... A Greek word for strange.

yep, i know that. my name means something like 'strange body/form'
"Apply layers to Reality
Things only you can see
Add a beat to Normality
To tap the core of Insanity"

Offline Ichthyostega

• Rally-X Roadster
  • Behold! The fanhorn from the planet Snaiad.
    • View Profile
    • Ichthyostegland
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2007, 01:30:21 pm »
After being kind of lazy, I now finished the satilite that was sent to Sagan 4.

It is equipped with artificial intelligence (it looks at anything curious to it). It can zoom in far enough to view the organsms. To get it's energy, the Xexphean satilite has a single solar panel on a roatatable segment. The projection at the rear of the satilite is an antenna that sends transmissions to Xenos and recieve them.
Ichthyostega

Offline Ichthyostega

• Rally-X Roadster
    • View Profile
    • Ichthyostegland
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2007, 02:40:10 pm »
Three new organisms.

Limb Jaw

Scientific name: Gnathopus gnathocaris
Size: 8 inches long
Diet: Small fish-like animals and small invertebrates.

Limb jaws live in reefs, where their food is abundant. Five pairs of limbs evolved into swimming "fins", like the prehistoric Anomalocaris that lived on Earth. The limb jaw family evolved something unique from other arthropod-type animals on Xenos. Their front pair of limbs fused into a jaw to resemble that of a gnathostome (jawed vertebrate). This helps them hold onto prey better.

Spore Puff

Scientific name: Sporocephalus spp.
Size: 1 foot tall

Spore puffs are fungus-type organisms. They are decomposers. Their method of reproduction is having a sac at the higest point that pops to release spores.

Hex Worm

Scientific name: Hexapodovermis rhodoura
Size: 1 foot and 5 inches
Diet: Omnivore

This is the ancestor of the Xexphe. It is still living. It is called a Hex Worm. Hex worms walk on six-muscular limbs. They have a tridigital manipulator, and a hunting arm tipped with two claws. The hole on one claw acts as an ear. Hex worms raise their blood-colored webbed tail (which will become a chitinous grasper) as a warning that it will attack. If the warning is ignored, the hex worms claw their attackers. But this is only effective to small predators. It is vulnerable to large predators. Their mouth is radial with many rows of teeth, like the Xexphe, and have a tounge with horny teeth called a radula.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 01:35:58 pm by Ichthyostega »
Ichthyostega

Offline Ichthyostega

• Rally-X Roadster
    • View Profile
    • Ichthyostegland
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2007, 07:44:16 am »
You noticed that I've been changing the form of the xexphe (tentacle-like fingers instead of claws for better manipulation). Now I want to make another change, and this would be the last one.

If you want, you can post what the new form would look like. It is still an invertebrate.

My idea would be a 3-feet tall animal that walks on six tentacle-like limbs, and has two three-digited arms. It is humanoid in form, and is skinny. Below the two arms are limbs with chitinous hooks that claw their prey. On ther head, they have three vertebrate-like eyes and a radial mouth with many rows of teeth. In their mouth, they have a docoglossan radula. They have a breathing hole on each shoulder that work like book lungs in arachnids. They were once gill holes. They make only croaking and growling noises out of the holes.

If you want, you can even post an illustration of your idea.

Then I'll choose the best idea, and make an illustration of it.

The purpose of this is to make the xexphe look less cartoony.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 07:48:44 am by Ichthyostega »
Ichthyostega