Author Topic: "History of Your Creature"  (Read 9196 times)

Offline Zen

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
    • Mat Brady
Re: "History of Your Creature"
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2006, 01:11:43 pm »
Mrodgers asked me, "Umm where do you see people talking about cheating?"

Well, umm... did you read the thread?

$kelet0r - i can see problems arising from that though - how long would it take to assemble the ultimate creature by cheating and then uploading it into the spore database and ruining everyone elses' game by bing far too powerful to beat fairly difficult to prevent

and...

not by using cheats necessarily but by altering the game files/data - anyone with some game making/modding experience could do it

etc, etc... 

Offline Tantalus

• Bezerk Brawler
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2006, 02:20:52 pm »
The question is not will these game files be modified, but how will they be animated on each persons PC. To make the same skeleton run faster or bite harder or such I really think your going to have to modify the procedural animation files, not the creature files.

Offline mrodgers

• Choplifter Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2006, 05:02:50 am »
Mrodgers asked me, "Umm where do you see people talking about cheating?"

Well, umm... did you read the thread?

$kelet0r - i can see problems arising from that though - how long would it take to assemble the ultimate creature by cheating and then uploading it into the spore database and ruining everyone elses' game by bing far too powerful to beat fairly difficult to prevent

and...

not by using cheats necessarily but by altering the game files/data - anyone with some game making/modding experience could do it

etc, etc... 

If you had been reading this forum you would know that cheats would not give you an uber creature, at least not on other people's systems.  Creatures are downloaded to balance out an ecosystem.  You won't find a Godzilla in a world of rabbits, that would throw things off too far.  There will always be a top predator and a bottom food source but there will be a balance to prevent one creature from over-running everything.  And creatures are only as good as the AI controlling them as well.  We don't yet know how that will happen and how much it will be affected by how you react with your creature.  For all we know the AI might turn your super-predator into  a middle of the road predator because of how it sees your creatures skeleton and features acting in an environment.
Check out my (Thurlin's) creatures, building, and vehicles.  You won't be disappointed.

http://www.spore.com/flash/csa_widget.swf?userid=2263477425&username=Thurlin&host=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spore.com%2Fview%2Fuser-thumbnail

Offline Zen

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
    • Mat Brady
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2006, 09:34:41 pm »
I'm not here to discuss the why's and wherefores of cheating or how it would work.  All I was doing with my last post (which was a response to yours) was to prove that people on this forum were talking about cheating.   Which I did.   I don't want to talk about cheating with you, mrogers.   :-\