Author Topic: Anyone have any advice?...  (Read 10190 times)

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
Re: Anyone have any advice?...
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2006, 02:01:43 pm »
What your feeling is very normal and holding on to hope that will work out is also normal but it may not be realistic. Real life is seldom like a sitcom or movie with a happy ending. Things happen that we have no control over. I think you did the right thing in telling her you couldn't talk right now, as hard as it was for you to do that. It is very hard to get over a rejection by someone you love. Please don't hold on to the hope that one day she will say she made a mistake. You have to try to focus on other things. As someone said earlier, give yourself time to be sad and cry and even be angry but you have to move on. Lean on your family to help you through this and your close friends, it might help the loneliness you feel.

I can't say if your beliefs have a chance or not. I don't know anything about her but if she has honestly told you that she has not loved you like you love her, then I'm sorry to say that it probably will not happen. If you really feel the need to express your feelings to her, try writing a letter to her and say everything you need to say. Put it all down on paper... but don't send it. Either throw it away or save it. Keep a journal or notebook and every time you feel overwhelmed, write it down. It helps to get it out and later when things feel okay again, it will amaze you at how far you have come.  Take one day at a time and remember that it will take some time.

Offline Areku

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2006, 03:47:59 pm »
Wow, it feels as if I'm having mood swings today. But I am trying to keep busy. I stayed at a friends house last night, but I had to leave this evening once his girlfriend came over(it was hard to watch). But now I am going to play some mini-put and grab some food with another friend I haven't seen in a LONG time, since he moved to Jersey. He is coming up from his grandmothers today and we'll hang out. Good thing is he didn't get on his plane today so he'll be here for a few more weeks, giving me the oppertunity to go see him during the week and maybe hang out for the night. My friends have been really supporting. And its also nice to know that 2 of them at least know my ex ( wow it was weird to ype that, i was ready to post till I realized that wouldnt be right....habit) so they can help us through it individually. And most of my friends have said similar things and given good advice. Like I said, I told her last night I would need a while, and it may be me just being happy for now, and I obviously will be sad and it will be hard to get over this, but I definetly look forward to seeing her after a while even as just friends, she really does still care about me, shes not heartless, I will try my hardest to keep at least the friendship, that is most important. I mean hey, she is the best one to go to for advice on girls now, and she knows me real well so she can give good advice haha :D I'm getting ahead of myself I know( im not going to go look for girls anytime soon), but for now this is my plan. Many thanks to all, especailly you LadyM, you have been such a sweetie and helpful. As well as everyone here.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2006, 09:49:34 pm »
As a video games forums I'm sure you are a gamer it couldn't hurt to take some frustrations out on some polygons.

I know killing lemmings always cheered me up plus it should give you something to do other than sit around in a sad way.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2006, 06:52:59 am »
Many thanks to all, especailly you LadyM, you have been such a sweetie and helpful. As well as everyone here.

Your welcome  :) It's nice to see you in a better mood. Now go kill some lemmings ;)

Offline Areku

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2006, 08:38:02 pm »
Thanks to all of you soooo much, but I have wonderful news. Last night I talked to her for the first time since we broke up, it was pretty rough, I obviously was upset, depressed etc. But after trying my chance at solving things...she still didn't think it was a good idea to get back together.

But today she called me out of the blue, it was 5 so I thought she was at work, so that was really weird. Then she just asks me where I am; I told her I was at home. Then she just asks if she can come over, and I say ok. That was the end of the conversation, so I wait, nervously because I have no idea whats going on. She gets here and pulls me out on my front porch, and very bluntly puts it "I really missed you, do you want to get back together?" and the rest is history as they say.....it felt really weird tonight, but I guess that is expected...wish me continued luck

Oh, and by the way, its not an april fools day joke. Haha it woulda been horrible if she ended up saying that  :D

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2006, 08:40:06 pm »
Haha it woulda been horrible if she ended up saying that  :D

Yeah, you might have to take back what you said earlier about her not being cruel.

But, holy crap! That's freaking good news!
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.

Offline Leannain

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2006, 03:41:53 pm »
woah that must suck mate!.

Well,i guess i would avoid seeing her or talk to her
"the act of procreation and anything that has any relation to it is so disgusting that human beings would soon die out if there were no pretty faces and sensuous dispositions"-Leonardo da Vinci O_O

Offline Kaze

• Adventure Ace
  • Vicious Polar Bear
    • View Profile
    • EČ
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2006, 03:54:45 pm »
Glad to hear the good news Areku. I wish you two the best of luck.

This is an example of someone who didn't read the whole thread.

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2006, 03:59:57 pm »

Or even the most recent two posts.

Offline sgore

• Marble Madness Maniac
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2006, 04:03:58 pm »

Or he did but is just very Cynical  :D
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master

Offline Kaze

• Adventure Ace
  • Vicious Polar Bear
    • View Profile
    • EČ
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2006, 04:10:14 pm »

Or he did but is just very Cynical :D
If that's the case, his post easily gives Krakow Sam a run for his money.

Offline Leannain

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2006, 05:25:25 pm »

Or he did but is just very Cynical  :D

Right on! ;)
"the act of procreation and anything that has any relation to it is so disgusting that human beings would soon die out if there were no pretty faces and sensuous dispositions"-Leonardo da Vinci O_O

Offline Areku

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2006, 09:44:26 pm »
Oh, thanks everyone. We went to go see V for Vendetta, great movie btw. She also got me a present....looks more like a sex toy though  :o its actually a foot massager. I guess it turns out my life is more like a sitcom than I thought....  :D . Oh and here, this is a pic of us at a dance last year.

At least now you get to see us and the CRAZY height difference. I feel bad though....making you all go through this, then making you look at a picture of me  :P

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2006, 09:45:29 pm »
Holy Crap! She looks almost exactly like someone I know... weird. Are you tall, or is she just short?

Offline Areku

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2006, 09:54:04 pm »
Are you tall, or is she just short?
both lol....I'm 6'3'' and she is like 4'10''
heres a better pic of her...its my favorite one  ;D