Author Topic: Ostreetian - The One legged bird  (Read 1855 times)

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
Ostreetian - The One legged bird
« on: March 23, 2006, 10:41:32 am »
Here's this sketch of my creature:

hope you guys like it, if you want I can draw early stages :)

Info:

The Ostreetian is a race of one-legged birds which are pretty near being sentient, they move by hopping and they attack with their leg which is quite heavy and powerful (it's used to attack enemies by jumping high then kicking them), they use no guns since they have no arms/hands to build them but they use their small (not usable for flying) wings which have a really hard and sharp structure to attack and cut their prey. Their third eye gives them a good vision but they have no ears and realy purely on ground vibration detected by their leg. (can be easily attacked by flying creatures unless they see them in time in which case they can defend themselves with their wings).
« Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 11:28:38 am by DarkDragon »

DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
Re: Ostreetian - The One legged bird
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2006, 10:47:55 am »
Nice concept, even though it reminds me of tweetybird in the Spore demo from last year. "I suspect it would have low fitness in the world".  ;)
It's a funny idea though. Please post some info on their civ(if they are sentient) or otherwise just what it eats, where it lives, what it does. Some basic stuff to give us an idea. Keep it up!

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2006, 10:48:40 am »
Very unique idea. It would be nice to see some of the earlier stages and have some more info on it.

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2006, 11:29:53 am »
I updated with a bit of information, it won't be the final stage (sentient) and I'll be updating as soon as I draw more stages :)
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.