Author Topic: Share your Oblivion Experiences here (spoilers perhaps)  (Read 105115 times)

Offline Flamester_

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Bread Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Share your Oblivion Experiences here (spoilers perhaps)
« Reply #330 on: May 02, 2006, 07:06:36 pm »
Ok I just got the game and this is how I got it.I went to wallmart bought the game went to the EBgames in my local mall and saw the collector' edition staring strait at me as if to mock me I swear I heard it say YOU IDIOT YOU BOUGHT THE WRONG VERSION YOU FREAKING IDIOT. Also can someone upload the pages of that guide that you get in the collecters edition.
Quote from: Mr. Wizard
Flamester is truly a god among us.

Offline Mr. Wizard

• Karate Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: May 02, 2006, 07:25:16 pm »
It is probably because they used the same game engine as Morrowind, which would also crash regularly. Defraging your hard drive and shutting off background tasks should alleviate the problem.

its a brand new engine built from the ground up, not morrowinds.

anyways the new beta patch is out!

No, thats the marketing getting in the way of facts. They rebuilt the engine, but it is basically the same engine, Gamebryo, used both in morrowind and Oblivion.

As for the patch, I haven't had any of the problems others have mentioned, so I won't download it until it is no longer beta.

EDIT:
Quote from: Beta Patch Read Me
Fixed an exploit that allowed you to sell equipped items to a vendor more than once while on a horse.
???

EDIT:
Ok I just got the game and this is how I got it.I went to wallmart bought the game went to the EBgames in my local mall and saw the collector' edition staring strait at me as if to mock me I swear I heard it say YOU IDIOT YOU BOUGHT THE WRONG VERSION YOU FREAKING IDIOT. Also can someone upload the pages of that guide that you get in the collecters edition.

Its 112 pages long...
« Last Edit: May 02, 2006, 07:34:30 pm by Mr. Wizard »

Offline TheShark

• Kaboom Boomer!
  • It was either that or a rattle-snake bite...
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: May 03, 2006, 07:09:52 am »
Also can someone upload the pages of that guide that you get in the collecters edition.

Just Google it, I'm almost certain someone has uploaded it. Someone took the time to make a really hi-res scan of the strategy guide (somewhere in the 400-600mb area, I just have it on a CD). I'm sure it's out there somewhere...unless none of the people who bought the Collector's Edition want anyone else to have it.

Wow, this makes me realize how long it's been since I was an active user here.

Offline Flamester_

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Bread Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: May 03, 2006, 01:39:32 pm »
Then can i have the coin?
Quote from: Mr. Wizard
Flamester is truly a god among us.

c14dude

« Reply #334 on: May 05, 2006, 01:28:16 pm »
hmmm i could have sworn i read a few times that it was new. but that game engine does sound familiar now.
at least it was vercitile enough to make look nice

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: May 07, 2006, 03:06:36 pm »
So i'm just riding along when I come across a cave that happens to be a Black Bow (I think that's their name) hideout. I go in and sneak near the first room and i hear fighting up ahead. Thinking maybe their might be a rat or at most a troll in the cave, it turns out their is a whole gang of orc marauders that's raiding the black bows. So it made my job of clearing the cave o-so-easy, watch them fight then clear out the wounded. I make my way to the final room and after all is said and done there was about eight to ten dead bodies in just in this one room. I only wish I was level 20 so I could get some sweet loot. Here's the best part. In the room there are tents and I could enter one of them. I go in and there is a dog that i make quick work of. I go to search the dog body and it's name was Pumpkin ;D
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: May 07, 2006, 03:19:33 pm »
I recently started a battlemage style character with the intention of completing the main quest (not avtually relevant to the story).

On the main quest I was travelling through the sewers with Baurus on the way to meet the Mythic Dawn contact. Suddenly baurus draws his sword and shouts "Look out!" and runs ahead... to kill a rat. This continued for most of the journey through the sewers. "Die!!!"...mudcrab. "Look out!"... goblin.

I think Baurus is channeling the spirit of Navi  ::)
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

werechicken

« Reply #337 on: May 07, 2006, 03:50:30 pm »
Wahoo a patch has finally been released, now maybe I will be able to talk to someone who's sitting down 9 I'm not sure if it's every charactor who's sitting down or not, all I know is that exept fr scripted people I've only tried talking to one person who's sitting down and she give you your first fighters guild quest)

c14dude

« Reply #338 on: May 08, 2006, 03:07:24 pm »
yeah the patch is nice, i noticed a fps increase from it also  :P

Offline SumGI

• Joust Warrior
  • If those flies loose their eyes, we are in trouble
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: May 08, 2006, 09:40:14 pm »
w00t!
"By placing a light in a field at night, the boy flies fly in, and as they pass near the light they are unknowingly shot in the reproductives by invisible radiation and sterilized...
They mate and die happy. The female lays her eggs and she dies happy. The eggs die and we are happy..."

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: May 08, 2006, 10:15:27 pm »
w00t!

where's the 360 patch! >:(
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline SumGI

• Joust Warrior
  • If those flies loose their eyes, we are in trouble
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: May 08, 2006, 10:19:03 pm »
w00t!

Over that wound on joo neck!
"By placing a light in a field at night, the boy flies fly in, and as they pass near the light they are unknowingly shot in the reproductives by invisible radiation and sterilized...
They mate and die happy. The female lays her eggs and she dies happy. The eggs die and we are happy..."

Offline Mangerman

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: May 08, 2006, 10:28:56 pm »
It's still a Beta patch.
A multitude of rulers is not a good thing. Let there be one ruler, one king.

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: May 09, 2006, 06:30:29 am »
w00t!

They've released the beta patch on the PC first to work out all the bugs, it'll be released on the 360 when they know it works.
If they released a patch for the 360 that only made things worse, that would cause big problems.

Offline The Dead Herring

• Dragster Diehard
  • Mmmmm grunge...
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: May 09, 2006, 09:10:20 am »
w00t!

They've released the beta patch on the PC first to work out all the bugs, it'll be released on the 360 when they know it works.
If they released a patch for the 360 that only made things worse, that would cause big problems.

The 360 version of Oblivion is a shambles. There are some serious bugs and choppy peerformance. How long do you think the Beta period will be?