Poll

How much do you want Will to blab about Spore tomorrow?

Lots! I can't get enough! MUST FEED!
71 (84.5%)
Not a lot, just enough to tide me over.
7 (8.3%)
Little. I want to stay mostly surprised when I install it.
3 (3.6%)
None, or at least nothing new. Clarifications would be a plus though.
2 (2.4%)
Other (explain!) or somewhere in between.
1 (1.2%)

Total Members Voted: 83

Author Topic: Let tomorrow be awesome  (Read 10132 times)

Offline gbCerberus

• Lunar Lander Leader
    • View Profile
Let tomorrow be awesome
« on: March 22, 2006, 11:20:57 am »
Please Will, one-up your presentation at last years GDC and really blow our minds again. We know you can do it, don't let EA censor you! Here's to an insanely exciting revelations and new information that'll carry us on for another year of waiting if necessary. Cheers!

Or, would you rather him not give away much? Could Will, in spilling the beans about Spore, turn into Peter Molyn-hype (*cough* Fable *cough*)? Don't tell us stuff that you're just going to cut out!

I'm going to lock the poll (and edit it to let non-voters view it) once Will's speach hits the net, and provide a link to a FAQs thread or somesuch.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 01:34:20 pm by gbCerberus »

"You can only see as far as you think."

Offline jafe816

• Microvision Master
    • View Profile
Re: Let tomorrow be awesome
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 11:23:36 am »
Yeah, and IGN seems to be updating their GDC info daily http://www.ign.com/index/gdc.html

Offline Leannain

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006, 11:24:36 am »
Since the game is supposed to be released only next year,i think a playable demo released to the public would only be the decent thing to do after an year of no information.
"the act of procreation and anything that has any relation to it is so disgusting that human beings would soon die out if there were no pretty faces and sensuous dispositions"-Leonardo da Vinci O_O

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2006, 11:25:32 am »
I want to get as much information as possible, the game is just awesome and I almost forgot to study for my last computer science exam cause I was spending so much time finding information about the game. Go for it Will! bring us as much info as possible \o/
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline hkdl

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2006, 11:29:19 am »
Since the game is supposed to be released only next year,i think a playable demo released to the public would only be the decent thing to do after an year of no information.

Some how I doubt that, we'll be lucky to see him play again hehe.

Offline Sadisticfaction

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2006, 11:34:40 am »
Tomorrow can be as awesome as it wants, as long as I GET A VIDEO OF SOME SPORE PLAYING!
And I want it fast. I want it now. YES, I am greedy, but I don't want to wait till summer before I can watch any video that might pop about!
GS, you are my only hope now. :-[

Offline gbCerberus

• Lunar Lander Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2006, 11:48:20 am »
Speculation:

Will's already explained most of what the game is going to be, in a very broad and glossed-over walkthrough (GDC '05).

Now if you were in his position, trying to balance PR with marketing finesse and wanting to be good and true to his fans, what would you divulge? How much?

My guess: What he's shown us is mostly the tutorial of the 'actual' game, the space / galactic stage. So, if I were him I think I'd recap some of the earlier stages (show off the texturing process) but focus on wandering through the free-form galaxy, which is really the meat of the game: letting the player make up their own stories.

But really, I'd just like to hear him talk. No matter what, we're probably going to hear some new stuff. *crosses fingers*

Woot! I leveled up to "Brain Games Mastermind"
« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 11:50:25 am by gbCerberus »

Offline AnotherMike

• Galaxian Guru
  • Vacuums don't much like Nature either . . .
    • View Profile
    • A. Mike's Creature Gallery
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2006, 11:52:45 am »
But really, I'd just like to hear him talk.

Cheers to that! I'm more of a biologist than a programmer, but I understand *just* enough to be able to follow the GDC full video from last year. Don't get me wrong . . . SPORE ON . . . but I'm interested in the rest of what he has to say about the industry as well. These videos allow me to peer into the industry in a way I never thought I'd be able to ;D
I have a gallery on hydro's site:

or go straight to mine at:
http://spore-planet.rpgs.sytes.net/Gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=2409

Offline raikitsune

• Intellivision Junkie
  • Ogbogistahni
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2006, 11:54:35 am »
i feel the NEEEEEED also i'm alone tommorow my girlfrinds off up to bristol to check out the university so i can bathe in the SPORE goodness withou annoying her  ;D

Offline The M.A.N6

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • I'M WITH STUPID ^
    • View Profile
    • Le Huitième Jour
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2006, 11:57:40 am »
Hmm, i hesitate between a big video, and a thing that left me a piece of surprise.
But, if Spore comes out in 2007, i think we'ill have anyway a lots of suprise.
So...i want a big big vidéo :D
Les pas des soldats
Avançant en c½ur.
Sans peur ni émoi,
Juste, de la fureur.

Offline $kelet0r

• Microvision Master
  • www.spore-game.net
    • View Profile
    • Spore-Game.net
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2006, 11:59:28 am »
you all realise that we won't get a huge amount out of the GDC - its a private inhouse thing only
i'm not getting my hopes up - i'd imagine the day will be dominated by Sony and Nintendo news

Offline raikitsune

• Intellivision Junkie
  • Ogbogistahni
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2006, 12:01:24 pm »
you all realise that we won't get a huge amount out of the GDC - its a private inhouse thing only
i'm not getting my hopes up - i'd imagine the day will be dominated by Sony and Nintendo news
??? then how on earth did we get the video last year?

Offline LONE GUNNER3

• Intellivision Junkie
  • I WILL RULE ALL.as soon as I get Spore that is .
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2006, 12:01:52 pm »
I think after E3 we will get more trailers,more screen shots etc.and don't for get Will might speak with Steve  ;D.
MAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA one day l shall RULE the galaxy.And that day will be when Spore comes out :p

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y118/rpg_man/Untitled-1.png

Offline gbCerberus

• Lunar Lander Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2006, 12:02:15 pm »
*Points at last year's GDC*

I think after E3 we will get more trailers,more screen shots etc.and don't for get Will might speak with Steve  ;D.
Of course, but we heard most of what we know about the game at last year's GDC first. E3 '05 was "meh" for me. I dunno.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 12:04:11 pm by gbCerberus »

werechicken

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2006, 12:03:58 pm »
special permsion