Author Topic: Great places to eat in San Jose  (Read 1967 times)

Offline versatek

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
Great places to eat in San Jose
« on: March 22, 2006, 06:35:31 am »
Steve, Since I've worked in San jose for 5 years, I thought i'd give you some suggestions on good restaurants.  Sorry I didn't post this earlier, but I'm traveling, and I'm a little behind the times.

#1: Sonoma chicken Coop (san pedro square)
    The food here is the same as you would get in a fancy restaurant, but it is served quick and relatively cheap.  Instead of waiters, you place your order at the counter and pick it up when your number is called.  What they save in waiters salaries are passed on to you through sub-$10 entrees that you would expect to pay $20 for in any other restaurant.  The Chicken Carbonara, Roast Duck, and Lasagne are all excellent.  When the lines are long, they pass out free samples of their Pizza to help the wait feel more bearable.   

#2: Tied house (San Pedro Square)
    Brewery and restaurant.  Try the Face-off Ale, or the Maibock (yumm).  They feature some good entrees, but my favorite is the Brewers burger (pastrami and cheese on a 1/2 pound burger).  They also feature a wild game burger, and alligator sausage. 

#3: La Victoria Taqueria (Santa Clara and San Pedro st.)
    There is nothing too remarkable about this simple burrito and taco place, but they have a special "orange sauce" that is the most amazing condiment ever created.  This simple sauce alone turns their ordinary food into something extrodinary.  Only go here for the orange sauce.  I like to get a steak burrito here.  The Chicken is a little too wet for my tastes.

#4: La Mordita Taqueria (Market st. and Julien)
    No Orange sauce here, but the food is some of the best in San jose for your typical taco/burrito/etc.. fix.  I like to get 2 tacos and a chicken Quesadilla.

#5: Britannia Arms English pub  (Santa Clara and San Pedro)
    Typical English pub fare.  Good selection of beers, and the burgers are pretty damn good.  The bangers, and Shepards pie are also good choices.  Stay away from the Curry.  They also have a really good Chicken Cordon Bleu sandwich that is not listed on the menu, but they will make it for you if you ask for it. 

#6: Los Cubanos  (Next to the Britannia)
    Cuban food.  YUM. 

enjoy your stay in San Jose.

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
Re: Great places to eat in San Jose
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 11:09:33 pm »
Thanks man ... but what is this thing you call "eating"? Who has time to eat!?!? :)
Check out Gaming Steve on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/thegamingsteve