Author Topic: Mr. Wizard's Creature: The Tuiropar  (Read 5634 times)

Offline Mr. Wizard

• Karate Champ
    • View Profile
Mr. Wizard's Creature: The Tuiropar
« on: March 21, 2006, 06:44:16 pm »
The Tuiropar (TWEE-ROH-PAHR). Tui is their word for themselves, loosely translated as people. Ropar is the name of their planet. therefore Tuiropar means "people of Ropar".

Here is a Tui. It is tripedal, with two short stout front legs and one back leg. The back leg has an elongated femur, the two front have the Tui's arm facing forward from the three jointed "knee" with a "2 fingered 1 thumb" hand. They have all of their vital organs in their "neck", which comprises 45% of their body.  They have one large eye, that varies in color. Brown spots cover their "cheeks" and they have two small nostrils above their mouth. The two long spikes surrounding their faces are a vestigial venomous spikes that were once used to capture prey. When threatened, the Tui reer up on their hind leg, and spread their limbs out, in order to increase the size that they look, as well, in prehistoric times, to gain the maximum force behind their venomous spikes.

They are a species that has achieved technological advances rapidly. They crave knowledge, and will seek the truth, no matter what the cost. They also seek to gain power through knowledge. As such, they have suffered through many industrial and scientific accidents.

Tui began recording time since they learned to write. They are now in the year 77,324 (1 Tui year=2.45 Earth Years). The average lifespan of the Tui are 130 Tui Years(318.5 Earth Years)

gec05 version (thanks again!)

Ropar

This is Ropar. Their planet has been through many accidents in the Tui's pursuit of knowledge, and it has shaped the surface of their planet.

Tuiropar Noxoxo Aahvi: "people of Ropar Safe Haven" Noxoxo Aahvi is the main city on their planet, as they have seen no need to expand to more than a handful of research centers. All other settlements are small research outposts, and are usually abandoned once the research has been completed. There is one exception, which will be explained later. It has a population of 3 billion. Since Tui have been living here since before they could write, the city is assumed to be at least a half million years old.

Xozivi: "Waste" The Tui aren't particularly friendly to the environment, and one huge city of 3 billion generates a huge amount of waste. So the Tui just built a huge dump. The walls (and trash) can be seen from outer space.

Ouzia:"Lost" Ouzia was the only other permanent settlement founded by the Tui in the year 75,327. It was a thriving community, until Planetary Disaster #133 struck. The Ice Caps began to  creep toward the base, and it had to be abandoned. Most Tui didn't remember it, and it was lost for many years, until it was rediscover in year 77211. It was then repopulated, made habitable by more advanced Tui technology. Current Population: 22 million.

Zifarozi Tuno Royoyo Voyo To: "Zifarozi Disaster 261" Planetary Disaster #261 struck in the year 77,016. It was the escape of the Simple NanoBot, a nanotechnic robot programmed to do only one thing, make more of itself. Controlled be a central Computer, they quickly expanded outward, consuming the entire continent of Zifarozi in under an hour. They were stopped by Planetary Disaster #262: A large meteor that was being manipulated by a land based gravity controller accidentally sent it into a collision course with Ropar. The asteroid landed directly on the main computer that controlled the Nanobots, and the robots, losing the command of the central machine, stopped functioning.

An Example of Tui Architecture, with Tuiropar spelled out in their language:

Noxoxo Aahvi Skyline:

The Tui Insignia:

Tui Alphabet:

Tui Number system and basic arithmetic:

I hope you enjoy what I have so far. :)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2006, 05:29:42 pm by Mr. Wizard »

Offline Golgrig

• Star Castle Cadet
  • I am Will Wright's complete lack of suprise.
    • View Profile
Re: Mr. Wizard's Creature: The Tuiropar (56K Warning)
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2006, 06:59:00 pm »
nice, lots of disasters hope you have a few more in mind
"6.4 Um's per minute" or "The Speed of Wright

An adventurer in the land of who gives a ****

The idea is to mix one ingredient that will burn very fast with a second ingredient that will supply enough oxygen for that burning. This burns so fast, it's an explosion.

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
Re: Mr. Wizard's Creature: The Tuiropar (56K Warning)
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2006, 07:20:28 pm »
BTW, you need to convert those into .jpg

thats some cool stuff there man. according to Earth standards those guys would be ancient because thier civilization would be 189,443.8 years old, ours is not even 10,000 years old from the beginning of writing. I think civilization has been around for 8,000 years I think, maybe a bit less. and is their lifespan according to thier modern standards and all?

also thier ancient city makes me think of Coruscant, there must be many many layers of urban development at least a few miles deep. and they must have extremely advanced technology to have those floating buildings, and below them must be thousands of years of urban layers.

Offline Mr. Wizard

• Karate Champ
    • View Profile
Re: Mr. Wizard's Creature: The Tuiropar
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2006, 09:24:17 pm »
BTW, you need to convert those into .jpg
Done. :)

Also:

Tuian Religion is practiced throughout the world. They worship the color red. For some reason, this color is found to be incredibly soothing to them. Years have been poured into researching the phenomenon, and so far researchers have concluded that because they were hnters in their past, that the sight a a dead animals blood must have been a catalyst of some sort of relaxation for them. Furtermore, when in an environment that has no red in it, Tui researchers have found that test subjects become aggressive. It is for that reason that many buildings and interiors are decorated in red. Upon further investigation, it was found that many emotions or even bodily reactions can be evoked by using certain colors. Here is a short list of colors and their effects:

Red=Calm : Explained above.
Blue=Alertness : Researchers believe this is because Tui blood is blue, and therefore causes subjects to become agitated.
Green=Hunger : Researchers have found that excessive green will cause subjects to become hungry. Green is the predominant color of plant life, and they were carnivores.
Yellow=Calm : Yellow has a similar effect as Red, but yellow is the color of their sun, and they were night hunters. 

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2006, 04:35:59 pm »
Wow, he's an odd one. Alot of detail with the numbers and alphabet.

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2006, 10:47:35 pm »
I think this is the second best Ms Paint creature so far!  ;)
Seriously , it's well thought out and original. I like it.

Offline Mr. Wizard

• Karate Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2006, 08:14:12 pm »
Space Ships! I don't know if we fleets are enabled, but I had to design these ships. :)

Tui Diplomatic Ship: This ship is sent in for first contact, or for diplomatic sessions with other species. It is designed to look as nonthreatening as possible. They carry various highly advanced technology trinkets for trade with less advanced species. It is considered an act of war to attack one.

• Propultion: Space Warping. A drive that expands the space behind the ship, and compresses it infront of itself. It uses Quantum Vacuum to power the drive, a drive that creates a complete and perfect vacuum, where in random particles can be snatched out of it.that should confuse everyone :)
  • Weapons: None, the Space warping drive (Warp Drive :D) can deflect most projectiles.

Should anyone "declare war" they deal with the Warships: NEW

old: http://www.imgcity.net/server/primary/tuiwarship.JPG

Tui Scout(Top Right): These ships are the orbittal and galactic patrolling ships.
  • Propultion: Space warping.
  • Weapons: one forward firing laser, four torpedoes, and 9 kinectic projectiles. (Ask Will Wright to explain the signifigance of that configuration  ;))

Tui Warship(Center): There are only ten of these ships in existence. This all that the Tui have calculated that they would need. They are not allowed to travel in groups, or come within 10 lightyears of the home planet.
  • Propultion: Space Warping
  • Weapons: It uses a beefed up version of the space warping drive to crush other vessels, in any direction. The ship does not need to face a ship to engage the weapon. Should the ship be destroyed, the amount of energy released from the Quantum Vacuum creates a singularity, causing all nearby matter (within a 1 lightyear diameter ring) to be dragged toward the Black Hole.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2006, 12:51:24 pm by Mr. Wizard »

Offline Golgrig

• Star Castle Cadet
  • I am Will Wright's complete lack of suprise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2006, 08:21:17 pm »
not the kind of creature you want to meet in a dark alley
"6.4 Um's per minute" or "The Speed of Wright

An adventurer in the land of who gives a ****

The idea is to mix one ingredient that will burn very fast with a second ingredient that will supply enough oxygen for that burning. This burns so fast, it's an explosion.

Offline Mr. Wizard

• Karate Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2006, 05:26:54 pm »
Thank you gec05!!!

Just as I imagined. :)

Offline Mr. Wizard

• Karate Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2006, 06:57:54 pm »

*NOT TO SCALE*

Noviol Star System:
  • Wii: The Closest planet to the sun, it was formerly the iron core of a much larger planet. The Tui stripped it of its crust once they determined that the repeated ice ages that struck Ropar since it was created were caused whenever the two planets were aligned for a few months, causing a slight diminishing of the light (and heat) from their star. But because their planet has never had another Ice age, once past the period where there should have been one, Ropar was gradually getting hotter. Thankfully, planetary disaster #262 caused a minor Ice Age that bought the Tui another ten millennia.
  • Ropar:See above.
  • Xo Remnants: Star System Disaster #7: The Splitting of Xo: in the year 77,016, an experiment in teleportation "parwi" (verb: both succeeded and failed) because the lead technician of the project put the teleportation unit in reverse, so the unit teleported half of Xo into an orbit around Ropar, causing a minor earthquake, which only damaged a planet based gravity control station to lose control of an asteroid it was moving, accidentally sending the asteroid (disaster #262) on a collision course with Ropar(and disaster#261)
  • Vae:Vae is a gas giant. Nothing interesting ever happened here.
  • Beiparzi:Beiparzi is the second gas giant in the star system. Originally it to was red in color.  But the unmentionable disaster took place on its surface. Details have never been released, but a new law that was implemented right afterwards forbid the use of Lokewi oil as a cure for indigestion.
  • Mo: Star System Disaster #6: Mo came into existence during Star system disaster# 1, a gigantic, Star System sized chunk of iron was flying straight at their solar system. To combat this, Tui sent their space craft right at it, and detonated their Quantum Vacuum Energy, creating a black hole (Star System Disaster #2) To unfurl the black hole, and unbend the dent in space-time they had created, they caused a shift in the fifth dimension, making the entire reality of space-time have a mass of 1.(Star system disaster #3) They then used their now infinitly more powerful tools to fix the singularity, by smoothing it with only 1.21 Gigawatts of electricity. Then to fix SSD #3, they encased their entire solar system inside of a timestasis bubble (Star System Disaster #4) leaving  another space ship outside the bubble. They then sent their star system back in time, the exact moment before they remassed reality, and because they replaced themselves in the time space continuum, it was as though they had done nothing. However SSD #2 was a problem yet again, but because they were still incased in the Timestasis bubble, they could not be stretched to the width of a single particle, because they were outside of time(the fourth dimension) but still within space (the first three dimensions). And since they had left a ship outside the timestasis bubble, the space ship popped into existence in normal space at the exact moment they had gone back in time, causing a time paradox (Star System Disaster #5). To solve the problems of SSD#2, SSD#4, and SSD#5, they took the inverse of a Timestasis bubble and the converse of a black hole, had them collide, and the result of that titanic collision... was Mo, a small perfectly round sphere made of an unidentifiable substance, that when smoked causes Tui to accidentally do things in the wrong order, which caused SSD #7 (See Xo Remnants)

And finally, Tui Evolution! (I decided to use my own version of the Tui to keep the art consistently bad.)

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2006, 10:29:06 pm »
You named a planet Wii? :D
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2006, 11:19:40 pm »
That's a scary evolution.  :D

Offline Mr. Wizard

• Karate Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2006, 03:55:51 pm »
I thought I would start to show other creatures of Ropar. (Only one to begin with.)

Ropar Native Creature: Ahxopar
A predator of all creatures, the Ahxopar are the slow moving horrors of the Ropar ecosystem. These 10-12 feet tall creatures travel in small "groves" appearing to look like a grove of trees, and this allows them to approach prey slowly. Once alongside their prey, they attack with their finger-like stingers, rendering prey immobile. The prey is then easily lifted to the waiting mouth, which will suck out the innards of the animal, leaving only the skin, some muscle, and the skeleton behind. Though extremely unintelligent, these creature are extremely dangerous when encountered in the wild. If you find yourself in a grove of Ahxopar, stand completely still, and they will pass by you, believing you to be another part of the landscape.

Offline tooma125

• Akalabeth Addict
  • Viddy Well, Droog. Viddy Well.
    • View Profile
    • The Matarissans
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2006, 04:57:28 pm »
The spaceship designs are excellent. I love how they fly but aren't symetrical! Very cool. Anyway, keep up the good work.  ;)
Matarissans make my soul cry blood...

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2006, 07:41:25 pm »
I thought I would start to show other creatures of Ropar. (Only one to begin with.)

Ropar Native Creature: Ahxopar
A predator of all creatures, the Ahxopar are the slow moving horrors of the Ropar ecosystem. These 10-12 feet tall creatures travel in small "groves" appearing to look like a grove of trees, and this allows them to approach prey slowly. Once alongside their prey, they attack with their finger-like stingers, rendering prey immobile. The prey is then easily lifted to the waiting mouth, which will suck out the innards of the animal, leaving only the skin, some muscle, and the skeleton behind. Though extremely unintelligent, these creature are extremely dangerous when encountered in the wild. If you find yourself in a grove of Ahxopar, stand completely still, and they will pass by you, believing you to be another part of the landscape.

now those are creepy
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]