Author Topic: Silent Hill  (Read 5372 times)

Offline TheShark

• Kaboom Boomer!
  • It was either that or a rattle-snake bite...
    • View Profile
Silent Hill
« on: March 21, 2006, 07:25:18 am »
Trailer: http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/silenthill/

This movie looks like it has a lot of potential. The graphics don't look cheasy or fake at all, it looks like Silent Hill would really look like if you were trapped there. They even kept the game's soudtrack.

I believe this movie is going to excite the Silent Hill freaks for having new lore to eat up, and it will probably just scare the crap out of everyone else.

Wow, this makes me realize how long it's been since I was an active user here.

Offline Cool AN

• Mansion Maniac
  • Life is worth much more than gold
    • View Profile
Re: Silent Hill
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2006, 08:27:57 am »
I have a couple of problems with the Silent Hill movie. One, I have only played the demo for the fought game, and it sucked. Two I don't like horror movies and I don't like to get scared.

Other then that I would be the first in to see it.

Quote from: /lurk
PALM: Oh face, come closer. I've needed your touch since I heard that fundamentalist Christians were being stupid again.
FACE: Not again! Quickly Palm, come to me!

Offline DMB

• Venture Conqueror
  • Braaiiiiinnnsss and cake!
    • View Profile
    • BobtheZombie's Blog
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2006, 04:42:54 pm »
Im no Silent Hill fan but even I know this isnt very much like the game. Haven't we already gotten enough out of video games being turned into movies such as DOOM? But thats just my opinion.
Save Ferris. Save the World.
"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most."Bob's Blog

Offline Stryke

• Fire Truck Driver
  • That guy from Britain...
    • View Profile
    • Community HQ
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2006, 09:08:29 am »
I only played the demo of the first game many years ago, and it scared the **** outta me! Well... I was 10 at the time. :D

It looks like a movie I could enjoy, I just hope it doesn't turn out to be another crappy horror movie or another game-to-movie flop.

Offline TheShark

• Kaboom Boomer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2006, 10:30:53 am »
I'm worried about it flopping too, but from what I've seen it doesn't look like it will. It doesn't say "Inspired by the top selling game series" or anything like that. And I don't know if the trailer seems choppy (don't have quicktime at work) but in the theaters it didn't look like CG, it looked like the deformed nurses were there as actors.

For anyone who plays the series (like me) I know that you can't wait to see the deteriorating walls and creatures forming in the shadows. I think Pyramid Head was in one scene of the trailer too.

...I wonder if they will have the radio static going.

Offline Stryke

• Fire Truck Driver
  • That guy from Britain...
    • View Profile
    • Community HQ
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2006, 05:25:16 pm »
No doubt, infact you hear the static on the car radio in the trailer. There's bound to be more of it.

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2006, 06:28:02 am »
I hope they succeed big time. Then we can get some good video game movies. Max Payne for example...

Offline TheShark

• Kaboom Boomer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2006, 07:41:01 am »
No doubt, infact you hear the static on the car radio in the trailer. There's bound to be more of it.
I didn't remember because it was before you know it's Silent Hill. I saw this trailer in theaters with no warning. Oh, it was awesome.

Me and like 10 other random people in the audience were like "Holy crap, it's Silent Hill"! It was fun to hear all the other gamers in there.

Edit: Thougth this was great. They Might Be Giants meets Silent Hill. http://trianglemansh.ytmnd.com/
« Last Edit: March 30, 2006, 10:40:56 am by TheShark »

Offline TheShark

• Kaboom Boomer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2006, 07:44:28 am »
I know LadyM will bust me for double posting, but I did edit my last post a few times last week. So that makes up for it somehow.

I'm just so excited for this movie. It really looks like it portrayed the style of the game so well, and it looks really scary. I only hope it lives up to my expectations. I'm going to be leaving work early with some co-workers to see it on that friday.

Any Silent Hill players excited, or horror-movie buffs even?

Offline Cruithne

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
    • Liquorice Bomb
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2006, 09:41:41 am »
I love the first Silent Hill.

I love the film Le Pacte des loups (brotherhood of the wolf) directed by Christopher Gans.

They Might be Giants are one of my favourite groups.

I'm getting very good vibes here.

Offline TheShark

• Kaboom Boomer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2006, 10:06:39 am »
I love the first Silent Hill.

I love the film Le Pacte des loups (brotherhood of the wolf) directed by Christopher Gans.

They Might be Giants are one of my favourite groups.

I'm getting very good vibes here.

Yeah, I completely forgot that he was directing this. I loved Brotherhood of the Wolf so much! It was fantastic.

Offline SmileyMan

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2006, 06:34:57 am »
Wow. This looks awesome. I love horrow movies, just too afraid to play horror games though.  :D The burning ovens and bodies in the trailer look very interesting.  :P

Offline TheShark

• Kaboom Boomer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2006, 07:25:24 am »
Wow. This looks awesome. I love horror movies, just too afraid to play horror games though. :D The burning ovens and bodies in the trailer look very interesting. :P

The games are fantastic! Much scarier then the Resident Evil series, by far. I think the best part about the storyline is that you never actually know whether everything is some sort of demonic presence, an alternate dimension, or just in their head. The games also have this underlying theme to them depending on the character (IE. A character is looking for his wife, all the things you see have this very faint sexual theme). If they make this movie half as twisted as the games then it should be really scary. I also hope they stick to the game in the way that you don't immediately notice when the normal world switched to this alternate one, it's gradual subtle.

I just don't want to wait 2 weeks! I want it now!

Offline lemurbouy

• Defender Devotee
  • oh my...
    • View Profile
    • Leeman's Livejournal!
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2006, 07:32:02 pm »
Silent Hill was a great franchise.  I only own the second but I've seen all but the last played and they are great games to just watch someone play through.  For me, that's a good sign for a game. -leeman

c14dude

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2006, 11:31:50 pm »
i'm so excited for this movie, i'm a huge SH fan (SH 2 is the best imo)