Author Topic: Silent Hill  (Read 5381 times)

Offline TheShark

• Kaboom Boomer!
  • It was either that or a rattle-snake bite...
    • View Profile
Re: Silent Hill
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2006, 05:47:35 am »
i'm so excited for this movie, i'm a huge SH fan (SH 2 is the best imo)

Definately agreed. I really got a kick out of SH3 because the creepy theme park she's in (Lakeside Amusement Park) is a few blocks from my apartment. At night it really is that creepy...with the exception of the bloody bunny guys.

But yes, if this movie works, it will redeem the whole video-game based genre. And actually it will be the first one to have the game's soundtrack I believe. And boy will it be a great one. It sounds like all the game's ST combined for the movie.

Wow, this makes me realize how long it's been since I was an active user here.

c14dude

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2006, 02:09:25 am »
i got the biggest kick out of SH2 simply cause its so emotional and odd. i mean i hardly ever come across material
that makes me want to cry but the end of sh2 i nearly did. the guy who does the composing
in the silent hill series is so great, i have laura's theme on my mp3 player even.

Offline xnodas

• Frogger Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2006, 08:13:29 pm »
I saw the trailer for this and I wanted to cry.  I thought I was done seeing anything about Silent Hill.  i never got more than 5 hours into any of the Silent Hills.  For some reason I just couldn't play them.  i think it was the radio they had that let me know something was there some where, and I would freeze and wait for ten minutes for it to come to me, but most of the time it wouldn't so it would take me a while to get any where in the game until I finally just gave up playing it.
"Tell me what you cherish most...give me the pleasure of taking it away." Final Fatasy VII: Advent Children

Offline Jecrell

• Battlezone Captain
  • Giant Snowy Ape
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2006, 07:13:29 am »
Silent Hill was the scariest game I have ever played. It wasn't about the "BOO" factor, it was about the, "OH MY GOD THE MUSIC AND GRAPHICS AND THE DARKNESS AND FOG AND THE RADIO STATIC AND THE ALTERNATE WORLD OF RUST AND CHAINS ARE DRIVING ME MAD!! OH GOD WHY!!!"

Sorry about the caps. But that's just how Silent Hill drove me to play and play and play until I broke the disc...
Silent Hill 2 was also awesome. I didn't play 3, and I hated 4.

This movie looks like an "authentic" Silent Hill movie, because it contains all of the proper elements and it has the potential to scare the bejeezus out of me. If you guys saw the commercial on television -- you'd know why it is potentially the next greatest horror film of our time...
Feel free to quote me on that if it flops though.

Offline TheShark

• Kaboom Boomer!
  • It was either that or a rattle-snake bite...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2006, 10:55:23 am »
It comes out tommorow and I am leaving work early with 2 of my mangers to see it. Will post my opinion by Monday.

Wow, this makes me realize how long it's been since I was an active user here.

c14dude

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2006, 04:16:11 pm »
woohooo i'm off at 9pm tomarrow and i'm going with my girlfriend  ;D ;D ;D

Offline xnodas

• Frogger Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2006, 05:51:53 pm »
couple of my friends are going to see it , so hopefully it will be worth going to later if i do see it.
"Tell me what you cherish most...give me the pleasure of taking it away." Final Fatasy VII: Advent Children