Author Topic: Conerians  (Read 6148 times)

Offline Airship

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
Conerians
« on: March 21, 2006, 07:08:17 am »
lol, waited forever for that activation E-mail until I noticed it was in my junkmail... anyways, I've been browsing these forums since I saw the GCD video some weeks ago, and finally decided I wanted to "make" my own race here as well :)

Anyways... I can't draw. at all. If I try to draw something serious, it turns into some blubby goog of sorts, always. So I will try to explain how my race looks like, maybe a little drawing that explains how legs and stuff is positioned.

If anyone wants to draw my creature for me, I would be most grateful :)

I'll just start...

Stage 1.

This is one of the lowest evolutionary stages of the Conerian race, which lives in the water. Its body is like a snake, with a big fin at the tip of the body. The head is also just like a snake's, with a black sharp horn in its forehead. The body is covered in blue shimmering scales, with a red line going from head to fin on both sides of the body.

Thanks to a13gt for this pic  :D

Stage 2.

In this evolutionary stage, the Conerians have just acquired the ability to walk on land. The body is now more shaped like a lizard, with four legs and a tail. The head has become slightly more bulky and larger, and the horn is longer. It has lost the fin, as it no longer needs to be in the water. Its legs have black, talon shaped claws.  The body is still covered in the blue shimmering scales, and it still have the red lines. The Conerians now also get some kind of red hair in a line (like a mane) from the horn and down to the tip of the tail.

Another big thanks to a13gt for giving my race an appearance  ;D

Stage 3.

This is the last evolutionary stage. The lizard body has now changed to something that looks more like a T-Rex, as the Conerians now stand on their hind legs, becoming humanoid. The blue scales and the red lines are still there. The hind legs have become larger and much more muscular to support the weight, while the front legs now function like arms, with 4 claws on each hand, including opposable thumbs. These are quite muscular, but not like the legs. The head now has the main horn, plus one tusk-like horn on each side of the head. The red hair has now developed into something more like a thick mane on the neck, which then turns into a large fur that covers the entire upper body(Kinda hard to explain, hope you understands it. Er... the fur is like a mane at the neck, but as soon as the back starts, the fur covers the entire upper body. If that made more sense... meh >_>). This goes all the way down to the tip of the tail. The head also have some of the fur, in a beardlike way. (If anyone has played GalCiv, the beard could look something like that evil race's beard.) The upper body is kinda centaurish, with a T-Rex lower body instead of a horse. You can picture the upper body as the body of a minotaur.

Thanks a lot to a13gt and Operaghost21 for these drawings

Anyways, this is just how the creature looks. I'll post more about the creature later (hopefully)  8)
And again, I would really appreciate it if anyone could be bothered with drawing this creature

« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 03:54:20 am by Airship »

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
Re: Conerians
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2006, 07:26:03 am »
Welcome to the forum. I can't draw either so I understand your dilemma. Nice concept, I hope someone can flesh it out for you.

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2006, 12:30:59 pm »
very cool...if i didn't have technical problems right now, id definitely try drawing one of those...
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Airship

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2006, 01:39:25 pm »
wow!

Thanks for all the nice feedback ;D

I thought I was going to be hammered with posts screaming "stereotype!" at me :P

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
  • Raised from the dead!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2006, 01:51:11 pm »
Airship even though your description was err a little confusing at first I'll see if i can help you out as i also draw my creature on paint so i have some experience. I understand the first two steps but can you give me a more accurate sketch of the last step, try your best it doesn't need to be perfect just to give me an idea.
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2006, 01:55:45 pm »
Oh, yes. How lax of me to overlook your topic.
T-Rex come on, how cliched is that? ;)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 02:18:17 pm by Krakow Sam »
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Airship

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2006, 02:01:03 pm »
lol

meh, remember, it's a T-Rex with fur  :P, oh, and the upper body is more humanoid like, not T-Rex. The head and lower body is pretty much T-rex (or maybe a bit dragon like for the head), but everyone knows western dragons were based off dino skeletons  ;D

hmm, I will try to make a better scetch... aren't sure on how to do tho... ah well, never know until I've tried ;)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 02:09:05 pm by Airship »

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2006, 02:09:47 pm »
 I think I can get the picture I'll see what I can whip up :).
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline Airship

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2006, 02:57:05 pm »
omg omg omg!

I actually managed to make something that turned out alot better than I thought it would...

It's still crappy tho, I believe ;D

Anyways, this will be of good help for those who thought my explanation was confusing (I thought it was)

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2006, 07:12:06 pm »
OK i get the picture, I'll start right away tomorrow right now I'm beat  :-\.
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline Airship

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2006, 01:44:12 am »
Ok, thanks :D

Er... I hope you see this before you draw the Conerian... The more I think about it, the more I can't shake the feeling that it's still too much of a T-Rex. So I was thinking that I should lose the scales on the entire upper body, so that the entire upper body would be covered in fur, not just it's back. Then the creature would be like a centaur with the lower body of a T-Rex instead of a horse.

I think that sounds much better, don't you? :)

here's an updated pic

I know my fur looks wery thin and stuff, but it's not supposed to be like that ;D
« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 03:14:35 am by Airship »

Offline Lambsquirter

• Megamania Megalomaniac
  • Don't play with your food
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2006, 05:34:58 am »
this creature will look great when it is drawn well :-)
 :)
Under construction

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2006, 06:33:38 pm »
I sent you step one feel free to comment.
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline Airship

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2006, 04:01:19 am »
Yeah, thanks for the Stage 1 picture, It was just as I pictured   , and a bit better drawn than my version too   

EDIT: Yay, the second stage is finished, thanks again to a13gt 

EDIT2: Wohoo, the last stage is finished! Thanks to a13gt and Operaghost21 for the pictures!

look up for the pics ^^

Now you all know how it looks, I'll see if I can make up some mumbo jumbo about the Conerians later :P

Offline KBF

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2006, 05:31:26 pm »
Yay! Mumbo Jumbo! Is he gonna turn me into one of these?(Banjo Kazooie reference) Any hint on what's next?