Author Topic: Episode 9 Posted  (Read 6778 times)

Offline Zealousy

• Wizard of Wor
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 9 Posted
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2005, 12:48:30 pm »
Evil Blob, I'm wondering how old you are... it might explain why you're mom's concerned about this kind of stuff. To convince her, keep in mind that not everyone who's won the contest is a child. There's nothing wrong with being rewarded for being geeky.

You could always show her Steve's home page (not just the forum) and let her listen to bits of a podcast. If she's not a gamer she'll be bored to tears, but at least she'll see how harmless all this is.
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather ... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.
- Will Shriner

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
Re: Episode 9 Posted
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2005, 03:02:45 pm »
Wow, I'm not even sure I know what to say about that. The only thing I can think of is:

1) Child molesters go through great trouble to hide their identity from the public. Otherwise, they get caught. I do no such thing. If you read my site or listen to my podcast you know my full name, where I live, where I've worked, people I've spoken to, and so much more. If anything, any one of you out there could find me no problem. Hence, I would not do anything illegal as I can very easily be found and arrested in 5 seconds flat.

2) I would compare my "Name That Game!" contest is similar to radio contest, nothing more (I used to win those radio contests tons of times when I was a kid).

3) Have her write me directly. Heck, she can talk to my wife if she wants! I'm as harmless as they come.

Hopefully you won't get in too much trouble with your mom, but I understand. The Internet can be a very scary place and I don't blame her for being extra cautious.
Check out Gaming Steve on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/thegamingsteve