Author Topic: In my day...  (Read 19755 times)

Offline Cool AN

• Mansion Maniac
  • Life is worth much more than gold
    • View Profile
Re: In my day...
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2007, 02:37:33 pm »
That's nothing. In my day we had to listen to our father tell us about "the good ol' days" all the time. Even though everybody knew it wasn't nearly as exciting as the present. At that time.

Quote from: /lurk
PALM: Oh face, come closer. I've needed your touch since I heard that fundamentalist Christians were being stupid again.
FACE: Not again! Quickly Palm, come to me!

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2008, 04:38:10 pm »
That's nothing. In my day we had to mow the lawn with our bare teeth and then swim the Pacific just to go to school in the Galapagos. At lunch break, we were forced to dig through the center of the Earth for a group of seismologists staying right beside school. We had to swim back home with crates full of lead strapped to our backs for the local smugglers.

And then we'd have to sleep in a tub filled to the brim with phlegm, spit and blood. That is, if we're lucky enough to not sleep while chained down to a derelict WWII submarine right down at the Marianas.

Offline Kenobro

• Space Harrier
  • I am not a robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2008, 08:22:47 pm »
Eh hem... Necrobump*cough*.

That's nothing! In my day, when I went to school, I would have to crawl there.... *sob* in rags and... and... When I got back, it was a house where you went outside to... Go... And... and... I ate sand for breakfast, chalk for dessert... And would only lie awake in agony 'till my broken ribs from the beatings would put me to sleep... *ouch* too much... Bad memories... AHHHHHH!!!!

Quote from: Grazony
Thanks Kenobro. :)

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2008, 08:31:56 pm »
Well, at least it's not like how it was back when I was little.

Back then, we fought the Persian army in Thermopylae with our own bare hands. No spears, no helmets, no nothing.

It was all fifteen of us against a combined army of about 2 million elite samurai, ninja, cowboys, dragons, yes dragons and wyrm riders. Oh, and did I mention that they were throwing infernals at us?

And then we died.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 08:34:05 pm by Yuu »

Offline Kcronos

• Boulder Dasher
  • The Dark Time Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2008, 08:35:18 pm »
Bah, in my day, we were glad to die.  Some days we were forced to die many a time!

But we'd always get back up with a good dose of Cod liver oil.  Not like these synthetic "Antibodies" these kids are touting around.  Medicine's supposed to HURT, darnit!
* Plank of Wood slaps

GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF MAN. THE REVIEWS DO NOT EFFECT ANYTHING EVER.

QFT

Offline Kenobro

• Space Harrier
  • I am not a robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2008, 08:48:19 pm »
In my day, sometimes, many a time, I would have to sleep in my own filth, and have my teeth broken apart and force fed garbage and all that trash. Sand, chalk? Bah, delacacies compared to the BAD days. And it would be so overcrowded, you would be constantly breathing down a person's neck... No privacy. For weeks we would ednure this, and then be whipped and forced into harsh labor, and my brothers and sisters would be seperated from me. I would be taken from my own home and deportated back to another horrible country, of hate, and beating, and sometimes would starve, almost, just barely, then be fed a morsel that would keep me alive for a mere minute, then more suffering... REpeat for 1 hour!!! THE SUFFERING! THE HORROR!  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2008, 09:08:01 pm »
Wow, man you're a lucky one kid!

You've got it pretty good, sonny.

Back in my day nobody ever drove me through the front lines of the Communicant-Torpal war so I could get to school when it was absolute zero.

We had to swim with our skins peeled off through the Atlantic while being chased by U-boats during WW2 in order to send large ten ton crates full of nuclear weapons to the guys at Europe.
We worked in the Tiberium fields twenty three and a half hours a day for a single drop of irradiated water.
I used to sell my internal organs, which constantly regenerated, just to pay Foreman 371 because we were paid -2K dollars a day. And I always did it without what you youngins call anesthesia.

I was all hungry, and broke and miserable, if I was lucky.

There were about a three hundred of us living in pile of shields, while the Persian Army were waiting outside to kill us all.
All I got for the holidays was a lousy bag of radioactive Uranium pellets.

When it was dinner we had a big chunk of crap for our main course.
If we were really good we'd dessert, which was composed of a large scoop of "blood-spit-phlegm" flavored dirt and a slab of meat taken from our thighs.

Back then, w didn't have any telephone, we didn't even know how to speak.
All we had was a couple of syringes and we used morse code on our skins.

We didn't have no swimming pools when I was a young lad
Our neighbor's drum filled with horses' placentas was the closest thing we had.

Didn't have no dental floss had to use katanas.
Didn't have toys, we just swam on a pond full of very hungry piranhas.
Didn't have no bed, had to sleep inside a moving grinder, inside a volcano, under the Pacific, with the local crabs ripping our skin apart.
Didn't have any running water, we used our eyes to find some in the scorching desert sand.

Overlord would impale us upon a rusty pole every time we blinked.
Then he'd show some mercy to us and he'd make us kill ourselves, kamikaze style.
Then we'd be chopped to pieces by the the Champions of Ra and the neighbors would play dodgeball with our souls.
And let me tell ya, sonny, we were flung towards and buried inside the sun for a thousand years every time we complained.

And all of that was if we were lucky...

Offline Inkling

• Strider Hiryu
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2008, 10:45:03 pm »
Back in my day, when this thread died it stayed dead.  We didn't have punk kid necrobumpers going around reviving threads all willy-nilly.  The closest thing we had to necrobumping was poking dead animals we found in the woods with a stick.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2008, 02:05:58 am »
Well, back in the ol' days, we had no choice but to eat dead animals we found in the woods and we were poked with sticks, in the eye.

Offline Kenobro

• Space Harrier
  • I am not a robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2008, 05:28:24 am »
In my day...

We died... And got revived. And died, and died, and died... OVer and over.

Offline emmet

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2008, 06:05:48 am »
In my day there was TERRIBLE BLINDING PAIN.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2008, 06:16:40 am »
In my day, people were always watching us. Even inside our dreams. O.O :-X

Oh, and we had a can full of worms for breakfast. No no, we don't eat the worms. That would be disgusting. We only eat the can. And if we were lucky, it wasn't covered in rust.

Offline Cow

• Track and Field Jock
  • Rad.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2008, 01:21:16 pm »
In my day, people didn't have skin. Sure, it hurt, but that's only because the suits made us work in the salt mines. Everything was made of the stuff, too. Darn you whippersnappers, with your epidermic layers and snazzy clothing.

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2008, 01:27:18 pm »
I didn't have a childhood.

I was born straight into this office job and mortgage.
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 16, 2008, 05:05:38 am »
^^^
| | |
| | |

Win.

But I'll give it a try anyway.

In my day, we didn't even exist. But still, people always went and beat us up for these "twilight shards" they were always trying to collect.